U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 09:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,289 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are exploring the possibility of moving from Chicago suburbs to Hot Springs Village. Visited HSV for a short vacation and loved the beauty, people and cost of living. We are getting tired of the taxes, weather and stress of living in major metro area like Chicago. We are 52 and 53 and would be looking to get jobs either in Hot Springs or Little Rock and then eventually retire. We would love to hear any advice from others who have done what we are considering. Also, if you have come from the Midwest and moved to HSV, it would interesting to hear of your experiences as well. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 07:24 PM

229 posts, read 173,736 times
I'm also an Illinois resident. I fell in love with north AR a few years back. Unfortunately, DW is not on the same page as me. For me, it's all about the endless fishing opportunities and the beauty of the natural landscape everywhere. Yellville has been a regular stop for us on our trips South. I suggest you make numerous trips to the area you like during different seasons. And don't forget to cruise thru ToadSuck.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:58 PM

285 posts, read 887,088 times
Lots of Midwest people here in HSV. Cooper (developer) marketed extensively in those areas in the 70s 80s 90s.

Job market depends on your profession or what you are looking (I work from home or travel for work). Let me know if I can help in any way, building lot, long-term rental, short-term rental, Realtor referral, questions, etc.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,289 times
Thanks guys for the posts. Yes will explore HSV more and the surrounding areas. Concerned about the future financial viability of HSV....

Old 08-23-2019, 09:11 AM

73,663 posts, read 86,086,603 times
Let me add. we have some very good friends here in Bella Vista who re-located from the Chicago area about 5 years ago. They are in 7th heaven.. The same developer developed both Bella Vista and HSV so they are in many ways the same type of community. The difference is; BV isn't quite as remote. Otherwise from what I have observed they are alike. Oh BV also has much lower POA dues. I am sure you will like HSV. At least it is worth a visit.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:03 PM

18 posts, read 11,752 times
We bought a lot in HSV and plan to build in the next 2 years. Minnesota, while beautiful is not our place to retire....cold winters, high taxes, etc. We fell in love with Arkansas and HSV.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:58 PM

285 posts, read 887,088 times
Welcome to HSV, MNFBW! I would love to know how you found us, if you don't mind sharing.

Old 10-18-2019, 06:26 AM

8,682 posts, read 17,178,190 times
I have family is HSV and had it on radar as a beautiful and affordable place to live. However on my last visit, I rented a townhome to stay in. What I found is that the older sections with inexpensive housing and small, affordable homes and townhomes is starting to get some trashy residents and some who appear a bit shady. Like anywhere else when the price of home is super low ........ this last visit removed it from our list. I suppose if you move to the newer and more expensive end of the village, it would be fine. From my relative’s experience, medical care seems subpar. Okay for someone who is relatively healthy though.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:26 PM

18 posts, read 11,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAtkins View Post
Welcome to HSV, MNFBW! I would love to know how you found us, if you don't mind sharing.
A co-worker has a family member that lives in HSV. We liked AR and explored Bella Vista and HSV. Felt more at home in HSV. We were there in October this year visiting our empty lot Weather was warm and beautiful. We'll be back this spring to enjoy another season. Need to decide on a floor plan and find a builder who is familiar with HSV building codes and rules. Looking forward to building our HSV home and meeting our new friends!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas