Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 06:19 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Seems to me the OP is overly concerned with the color of our skin.
My family gatherings look like they should be held in San Antonio,
and we don't have any problems, anywhere in N. AR.
I totally agree and have seen these types of comments way to often here. People think their skin color will always be an issue. For most of us few people are judged by the color of their skin as long as they do not personally, make an issue out of skin color or any other diversity for that matter. Of course there are exceptions to all rules, but generally we are most accepting than we are given credit for. Our granddaughters friend at church gave her a baby shower when she had her 3rd daughter a few years ago. The gal is white, her husband is black and no one thinks much about it. We have a gay foster daughter who will be retiring in a few years. She and her partner, who now live in Poland plan to relocate here. They love the area, the cof and the only family they have happens to be us. There biggest problem may come from many of the area, including our family are politically conservative and they are super liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2019, 11:29 AM

8,926 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
The gal is white, her husband is black and no one thinks much about it. We have a gay foster daughter who will be retiring in a few years. She and her partner, who now live in Poland plan to relocate here. They love the area, the cof and the only family they have happens to be us. There biggest problem may come from many of the area, including our family are politically conservative and they are super liberal.
Yeah, similar here. Among my family, politics are shaping up to be the biggest thing that can cause stress. Among friends too. I even had to change barbers because I realized he and I were going to "progressively" get along less and less.

Old 12-23-2019, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Yeah, similar here. Among my family, politics are shaping up to be the biggest thing that can cause stress. Among friends too. I even had to change barbers because I realized he and I were going to "progressively" get along less and less.
Luckily in our family we are all of the same thinking so we discuss politics all the time: some are more conservative than others but we are safer discussing politics than sports, especially football. that is a no no almost; we range from favorite teams being in the CA schools, to OU and AR.

Old 12-23-2019, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 2,469 times
Sorry about the above ramble, now to the crux of my question.

Old 12-24-2019, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKIYATY View Post
Sorry about the above ramble, now to the crux of my question.
What are you talking about? It seems like you have never posted here, are new, said nothing period and do not live anywhere in the AR region or even near AR.

HAVE A VERY NICE HOLIDAY!

Old 12-24-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Luckily in our family we are all of the same thinking so we discuss politics all the time: some are more conservative than others but we are safer discussing politics than sports, especially football. that is a no no almost; we range from favorite teams being in the CA schools, to OU and AR.
Quite the opposite in my family. My wife and I, and I think our daughter's husband are all conservative. Everyone else has lost their mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What are you talking about? It seems like you have never posted here, are new, said nothing period and do not live anywhere in the AR region or even near AR.

HAVE A VERY NICE HOLIDAY!
I am not sure what happened with NIKIYATY, but have my suspicion that NIKIYATY is a covert profile, typically used to watch threads without updating the real poster's profile. It is a method some people use to get around being banned and is especially useful to deal with shadow banning.

Old 12-24-2019, 04:49 PM

63 posts, read 36,558 times
I would think the Air Force Base at Mountain Home brings a ready made source of diversity to the community.

Old 12-24-2019, 05:42 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMAngus View Post
I would think the Air Force Base at Mountain Home brings a ready made source of diversity to the community.

What air force base in Mountain Home?

Old 12-25-2019, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMAngus View Post
Someone is confusing AR with Idaho

Old 12-25-2019, 06:44 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OUR AR FRIENDS and it you do not celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday have a fun day, hopefully with friends and family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas