Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 11:15 AM

1,665 posts, read 975,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Town View Post
why isn't it legal? Make it legal get over it and move on. I hope it on the ballot this time.
That's what I'm saying. Too many lives has been damaged by the harsh marijuana laws. I hope the MORE Act passes. Heck 2/3 of the American population supports legalization. It's time the government listens to people. The government is supposed to work for its citizens. Not controlling our lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2019, 02:55 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Sure are a lot of people in this thread that either live somewhere other than AR, or have smoked too much of that weed, telling us that we need to stick a spike in our brain. I have watched other places go down this, and similar paths, and it always leads to destruction. Just because people in "progressive areas" (now there is an ironic oximoron) have already screwed themselves over, they want to spread propaganda here about how great it is to jump on the road to destruction.

No thanks. I just moved out of one of those cities that thought they would get lots of revenue from sales of alcohol. Well they did, but they spent it all on more police, more ambulances, and higher crime rates.

Old question, still applies:
Why do you think they call it dope?

Old 12-21-2019, 06:11 PM

827 posts, read 660,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Sure are a lot of people in this thread that either live somewhere other than AR, or have smoked too much of that weed, telling us that we need to stick a spike in our brain. I have watched other places go down this, and similar paths, and it always leads to destruction. Just because people in "progressive areas" (now there is an ironic oximoron) have already screwed themselves over, they want to spread propaganda here about how great it is to jump on the road to destruction.

No thanks. I just moved out of one of those cities that thought they would get lots of revenue from sales of alcohol. Well they did, but they spent it all on more police, more ambulances, and higher crime rates.

Old question, still applies:
Why do you think they call it dope?
BS

Old 12-21-2019, 07:38 PM

1,665 posts, read 975,121 times
Quote:
BS
That's what I say. Where is all the facts and figures supporting his critique?

My shift captain is anti marijuana, saying that he sees reports of marijuana deaths and such. I asked him to show me these reports. When he brings up the "reports", there's none to support his claims.

Old 12-22-2019, 02:46 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,652,086 times
Quote:
When he brings up the "reports", there's none to support his claims.
Either that, or there is plenty that support his claims,
and you just refuse to believe what is before your eyes.

Even a Leftist MSM outlet like CNN can see it:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/healt...-bn/index.html
Quote:
States that legalized recreational weed see increase in car accidents, studies say

Old 12-22-2019, 03:58 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,497,233 times
Mary Jane is not good for you. I don't care what anyone says about it. I'm a Certified Respiratory Therapist and I've seen the damage smoking has done to people's lungs. Don't smoke weed. I won't smoke it or ingest it because I don't like the feeling I get from being high on it.

Stay away from marijuana. The States (and no doubt the Fed's) want to get tax income from it. I don't have any problem with that if they use it to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure here in America. But you guys are harming yourselves by smoking marijuana. It's 10X stronger or more harmful to your lungs than cigarettes are. And cigarettes are terrible for your lungs. Think about it. Your lungs have bronchioles. They are fragile to inhalants. Once they plug, you will get sick. And once you're sick, you'll never, ever breathe well again. I went to medical school and took this part to heart because I smoked cigarettes and marijuana both when I was 14 years old.

I'm now 60 years old and will never smoke cigs or pot again. I warn people against it and I'm not very popular because of that but I don't care. I don't want you to like me. I want you to keep whatever's left of your lungs. Period.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:09 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times
^^exactly.
People will do what they do. The government can’t, and I suppose shouldn’t, control everything in our lives, but to make light of any kind of recreational drug use is just incredibly unwise.
I use the word “unwise” as a show of restraint for what I really want to say about the matter.
It would be nice if we were more concerned with raising our standards as a society, but obviously we’re stubbornly insistent on doing the opposite.

Last edited by sub; 12-22-2019 at 06:50 AM..

Old 12-22-2019, 06:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
why isn't it legal? Make it legal get over it and move on. I hope it on the ballot this time.
Many of us feel the opposite from you: we prefer it not being legal except for medical reasons. so we could be saying the opposite for you: why make it legal? I am in favor of it for medical reasons for sure, but not for use to get stoned. As for being on the ballot, don't hold your breath and if, by some chance it makes the ballot it will not pass. Someday it will, but not now.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
So, you don’t think that all the people that voted for medical pot won’t support a vote for recreational? I think all those will support it plus a few more.

I don’t think getting a card is difficult at all.

While I am not going to get off topic about the pros and cons, the question was about recreational legalization. I would think a state with our history of passing medical the first time on the ballot, might just pass recreational.
If you have not had to get a card you have no idea how hard it is. I know, we have had 2 friends who have had reasons to get one and their doctor's would not support them on the issue. AS for those who voted based on medical reasons last time, you are dreaming if you think they will vote to totally legalize it and even more will vote you are living in a dream world.. I, personally could name 100 people I know that voted for medical reasons that would not support it on general basis. Oh and one more thing, the last ballot was not the first time it was on the ballot.

Old 12-22-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Mary Jane is not good for you. I don't care what anyone says about it. I'm a Certified Respiratory Therapist and I've seen the damage smoking has done to people's lungs. Don't smoke weed. I won't smoke it or ingest it because I don't like the feeling I get from being high on it.

Stay away from marijuana. The States (and no doubt the Fed's) want to get tax income from it. I don't have any problem with that if they use it to rebuild our crumbling infrastructure here in America. But you guys are harming yourselves by smoking marijuana. It's 10X stronger or more harmful to your lungs than cigarettes are. And cigarettes are terrible for your lungs. Think about it. Your lungs have bronchioles. They are fragile to inhalants. Once they plug, you will get sick. And once you're sick, you'll never, ever breathe well again. I went to medical school and took this part to heart because I smoked cigarettes and marijuana both when I was 14 years old.

I'm now 60 years old and will never smoke cigs or pot again. I warn people against it and I'm not very popular because of that but I don't care. I don't want you to like me. I want you to keep whatever's left of your lungs. Period.
I won't go into detail but I know personally how damaging it can be for many people. OK, so many smoke it for social reasons or did as kids. Like most of us smoked cigarettes when we were younger, but I know too many who have ruined or damaged their lives by smoking pot. You are right, I would love to meet some of those here who are pushing for legalization so they can buy it here legally.

Would I use it for medical reasons? Probably but I do not want to see it as another crutch for us to lean on to make us happier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas