U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM

3,031 posts, read 1,065,226 times

Advertisements

Providing areas that are off limits to hunting but frequented by deer leads to CWD, increased deer tick population and the diseases they carry, and eventually predators that follow deer (who will begin preying on anything under 40 lb, including children). Saw a lot of small dogs go missing along the edge of the cities in Central Texas, where I moved here from. Glad to see we are more civilized (and not so easily triggered) here.

That said, every time someone releases an arrow, or discharges a firearm, they should be aware that, wherever that projectile goes, they are responsible for any damage it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM

5 posts, read 521 times
Looking at the big picture as presented in all of these responses it makes a lot of sense. Left unchecked deer populations can get out of hand and then you have the diseases as well as car strikes. We have a large coyote population where I live in South Orange County and small dogs and cats go missing frequently. That's why I have a Labrador and no cats.

Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM

2,103 posts, read 1,434,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpatrick View Post
Looking at the big picture as presented in all of these responses it makes a lot of sense. Left unchecked deer populations can get out of hand and then you have the diseases as well as car strikes. We have a large coyote population where I live in South Orange County and small dogs and cats go missing frequently. That's why I have a Labrador and no cats.

You sure changed your perspective quickly and easily.

Old Yesterday, 07:48 PM

5 posts, read 521 times
What can I say. I thought the responses were overall informative. I know I’m a bit naive regarding different locations I am looking to relocate so I’m trying to keep an open mind.

Old Today, 06:31 AM

73,666 posts, read 86,100,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpatrick View Post
What can I say. I thought the responses were overall informative. I know I’m a bit naive regarding different locations I am looking to relocate so I’m trying to keep an open mind.
think you are keeping an open mind. We love the wildlife around here and never get tired of seeing all the creatures, but you are right about over population, as well as the danger to our little kitties and doggies: there has to be a way to limit the deer, etc. We have an open yard, surrounded my forest and thus our dog and cat are free to wander a bit. Neither go far from home and neither are allowed out when it is dark. OUr very old little, 10 lb dogie would have no way of fighting back and our over sized, 20 lb cat would think anything that picked him up must just want to love him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas