U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 06:40 AM

73,716 posts, read 86,174,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well, they're all good snakes.

If you mean venomous vs non venenmous, it's definitely not hard in the U.S. Though, many a watersnake gets killed for being "water moccasins" and other snakes that vibrate their tails on dry leaf litter (an evolutionary adaptive protection mechanism) gets themselves killed for being rattlesnakes.

Fewer than 1 in 10 calls I had responding to "rattlesnakes" in Wisconsin actually were rattlesnakes. Like, if you can't get that right.... yeesh.
ok, I guess you had to get technical: of course most know very well what I meant: yes of course I meant poisonous snakes. And yes, I am sure many black snakes are mistaken for water moccasins. Of course you do not live here in AR, you are talking about a totally different part of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 08:30 AM

3,039 posts, read 1,068,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
ok, I guess you had to get technical: of course most know very well what I meant: yes of course I meant poisonous snakes. And yes, I am sure many black snakes are mistaken for water moccasins. Of course you do not live here in AR, you are talking about a totally different part of the country.
I mentioned his kind in post #13, and personally, I would not give him another second of my time.

Old Today, 02:58 PM

2,618 posts, read 3,321,963 times
Spraying your legs with lacquer, or worse, green lacquer like in the video is nuts...I use straight bleach on a rag, and wipe my legs down. When you float down the river fishing, do not float under overhanging tree branches or you might get up close and personal with a snake waiting for a meal to come by. I encountered many a copperhead in the Ozarks, and heard tell of cottonmouths, but never saw one. I nearly stepped on two copperheads on a dark summer night, when I was foolish enough to go outside barefoot, without a flashlight.

Snakes of the Ozarks

Regards
Gemstone1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas