U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 12:11 PM

40,714 posts, read 25,148,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Saying this is like kicking someone all the while promising them you're not kicking them. What's happening in Virginia is just the start of it. Dems/Libs are attempting to unconstitutionally infringe on the 2nd amendment rights of American citizens, so don't hand us your spew about how you value our freedoms.
You have your spew, I have mine. But I can tell you I love this country, I love our Constitution, and I love freedom and our rights. And you cannot say that I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2020, 01:22 PM
sub

1,408 posts, read 608,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Both sides want your money and both want control. They try to achieve it in different ways, but make no mistake there are no good guys in politics. Every person who strives to be a lawmaker does so because they are arrogant enough to think they have a right to rule others.
Yeah, sorta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Certainly not true: My husband did PR for politicians.In fact for one of the best presidents we have ever had. There are many good politicians nay bigger egos than most of us, but they are not all bad nor do they all want your money. There are many good guys and gals on both sides and they attempt to do what they think is best for you, me and our country. They have no desire to rule others. They have ideas that they hope will help. Of course there are a few A Hs but most do want to make a difference.

I have to wonder where you are getting such an ugly picture of those who serve our country and our communities. Would you rather live in a country with no one ruling and no laws, programs and no one controlling what is going on?
No, they're not all bad people.
I think a lot of them start out innocent enough even though it takes a fair amount of narcissism just to get elected. All too often they don't know when to say when. It ends up being being a bunch of micromanaging nonsense while they think they're changing the world or whatever.
For the vast majority of politicians, especially congress, it should be a part-time gig paid in minimum wage. I'm being quite serious.

Old 01-24-2020, 02:20 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,450,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You have your spew, I have mine. But I can tell you I love this country, I love our Constitution, and I love freedom and our rights. And you cannot say that I don't.

Then you're not a democrat.

Old 01-24-2020, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Then you're not a democrat.
Democrats and liberals love this country and venerate the Constitution of the United States. Period.

Old 01-24-2020, 02:38 PM

74,017 posts, read 86,426,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Yeah, sorta.

No, they're not all bad people.
I think a lot of them start out innocent enough even though it takes a fair amount of narcissism just to get elected. All too often they don't know when to say when. It ends up being being a bunch of micromanaging nonsense while they think they're changing the world or whatever.
For the vast majority of politicians, especially congress, it should be a part-time gig paid in minimum wage. I'm being quite serious.
term limits yes, part time, min wage that is a crazy idea in my mind. Just relocating, separated from family and the cost makes that a unworkable idea. BTW most know they are not going to change the world, but they home they can make an improvement for the betterment of our country.

Old 01-24-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Democrats and liberals love this country and venerate the Constitution of the United States. Period.
more do not like the way it is run and want to make sweeping changes that are not even within our constitution. They may say they love the country but they want government control instead of freedom as we have always known it. Even if the love the country they find fault with everything on a daily basis.

Old 01-24-2020, 02:43 PM

Quote:
more do not like the way it is run and want to make sweeping changes that are not even within our constitution. They may say they love the country but they want government control instead of freedom as we have always known it. Even if the love the country they find fault with everything on a daily basis.
Actually, I've heard the same thing said about conservatives.

Old 01-24-2020, 02:59 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,450,223 times
Quote:

No, they are slowly working to take away those rights. It's a fact, not an opinion. You have to know what is happening in Virginia, so how you can stand by what you say.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:01 PM
sub

1,408 posts, read 608,406 times
Quote:
term limits yes, part time, min wage that is a crazy idea in my mind. Just relocating, separated from family and the cost makes that a unworkable idea. BTW most know they are not going to change the world, but they home they can make an improvement for the betterment of our country.
Okay so perhaps not minimum wage, but still part time.
They need to spend most of their time in the state they claim to represent. Part timers. Perhaps they can get big discounts on plane tickets or something. Build them a cheap motel to stay in while in town.
As for the "change the world" comment, that was directed toward the more micromanage-y, "do something for the sake of doing something" crowd.

Old 01-24-2020, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Okay so perhaps not minimum wage, but still part time.
They need to spend most of their time in the state they claim to represent. Part timers. Perhaps they can get big discounts on plane tickets or something. Build them a cheap motel to stay in while in town.
As for the "change the world" comment, that was directed toward the more micromanage-y, "do something for the sake of doing something" crowd.
Well if nothing else your idea is certainly a new one and a very unusual one. Sure, you are going to take an employee out of the work force, expect them to give up a good living or expect their employer to hold their job while they go to DC, live in a cheap motel designed for congress elected representatives while asking the airlines to save seats for them with a big discount involved. Come on, think this through, there is not one part of that plan that it workable. As for spending time in the state, they do: do you have any idea where they are during much of the recess time they take? Many spend it in their home district or part of it anyway. e
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or