U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-24-2020, 04:52 PM
 
337 posts, read 69,471 times
Reputation: 592

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way. Rest assured, I, as a liberal, love our country. I don't want to rewrite the Constitution. I don't support open borders (I don't know anyone that does, liberal or conservative.) I do want my leaders to work for positive change.

I think that what you've just said is filled with hatred.
I don't know what that hatred is based upon, but the antagonism will stop when people engage each other. Insulting one another just feeds the division.
The first is just wrong. My post is not hatred, but rather just simple observation. I turn on the TV, the internet or read printed media and all I see are the ideas of the left and how this nation needs to change. I read all the justifications for unrest and how people have been wronged by our capitalist nation. It isn't hatred, it is a reaction to endless calls to fundamentally change our country. Just listen to your figureheads like aoc, maxine, ilhan, rashida and greta. There are dozens of examples. I can't believe you can possibly be sincere in your beliefs the liberals do not want to completely destroy and rebuild the nation in a new Utopian dream fashion.

The second statement gets old. All it says is pointing out my beliefs is somehow an "insult" and needs to stop. See, the pancake no matter how thin it is poured, always has two sides to it. But your view is only your side. My view is the other. You feel no one has a right to disagreement or else it is an insult. What if I said stop disagreeing with me, because it is insulting?

Disagree with me all you want. I won't take it as an insult or try to encourage you to stifle your opinion. But, don't try to suppress my opinion by hiding behind accusations of insults. I am just speaking what I consider facts, made no mention of personal attack and I believe everything I said to be true. You say in one breath you want people to engage, yet at the same time say my engagement is insulting. I find that very disingenuous.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-24-2020, 05:11 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
2,132 posts, read 1,455,866 times
Reputation: 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So YOU have had difficulty purchasing a gun?

This is your response to what's happening in VA? Do you have nothing to say about what I posted, so you pick something out in left field to respond with?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-24-2020, 05:13 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
2,132 posts, read 1,455,866 times
Reputation: 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
The first is just wrong. My post is not hatred, but rather just simple observation. I turn on the TV, the internet or read printed media and all I see are the ideas of the left and how this nation needs to change. I read all the justifications for unrest and how people have been wronged by our capitalist nation. It isn't hatred, it is a reaction to endless calls to fundamentally change our country. Just listen to your figureheads like aoc, maxine, ilhan, rashida and greta. There are dozens of examples. I can't believe you can possibly be sincere in your beliefs the liberals do not want to completely destroy and rebuild the nation in a new Utopian dream fashion.

The second statement gets old. All it says is pointing out my beliefs is somehow an "insult" and needs to stop. See, the pancake no matter how thin it is poured, always has two sides to it. But your view is only your side. My view is the other. You feel no one has a right to disagreement or else it is an insult. What if I said stop disagreeing with me, because it is insulting?

Disagree with me all you want. I won't take it as an insult or try to encourage you to stifle your opinion. But, don't try to suppress my opinion by hiding behind accusations of insults. I am just speaking what I consider facts, made no mention of personal attack and I believe everything I said to be true. You say in one breath you want people to engage, yet at the same time say my engagement is insulting. I find that very disingenuous.

In true liberal fashion, they have tolerance and love everyone..... except for those who don't agree with them.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2020, 05:54 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
74,153 posts, read 86,548,577 times
Reputation: 44578
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
I would love to know who you think that was.
Let's just say it wasn't a liberal and it wasn't anyone from AR. I normally do not post too much private info for obvious reasons but I just hate it when someone, who knows nothing about a topic makes unfounded and untrue statements. That is exactly what you did.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2020, 06:01 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
74,153 posts, read 86,548,577 times
Reputation: 44578
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
I'm sure a lot of them could work remotely. Making the seemingly impossible come together and work is a reality for a lot of us, partly because of the mess these people create, so let them figure it out.
I'm sure a local temp agency could keep them busy at a factory while not in session.
These people who want to pass laws for us need to know what the real world looks like.
Come on Sub, now you are reaching into God only knows where for really far fetched ideas. The type of people we need in office are not people who work in factories. If nothing else, we need them to understand the full meaning of our constitution. This is not a job for a kid out of high school for instance. Our elected officials need to be aware of the world around us: whether black or white, educated or not, from the rural areas or the urban the job still requires a lot of knowledge. Down deep you know what you are proposing is totally unworkable and I am being nice. I can think of other things to say about your idea. You are just reaching right now, knowing none of what you have posted can or should happen.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2020, 08:29 AM
sub
 
Location: Up North
1,441 posts, read 623,073 times
Reputation: 2155
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Come on Sub, now you are reaching into God only knows where for really far fetched ideas. The type of people we need in office are not people who work in factories. If nothing else, we need them to understand the full meaning of our constitution. This is not a job for a kid out of high school for instance. Our elected officials need to be aware of the world around us: whether black or white, educated or not, from the rural areas or the urban the job still requires a lot of knowledge. Down deep you know what you are proposing is totally unworkable and I am being nice. I can think of other things to say about your idea. You are just reaching right now, knowing none of what you have posted can or should happen.
Okay
I'm saying far-fetched things to get a point across. A LOT of these people exist in an alternate universe. Most of them are born into it these days, then off to an elitist college or even perhaps a state college in surroundings that will groom them for their future isolation.
If working in a factory would ground them, then so be it.
Virginia, impeachment, California, Illinois, cronyism in Little Rock (and any other state capital)... these are the things that happen when politicians become so far removed from reality.
Jan Morgan is a necessary character I suppose, but she's too far off in some other direction to be in office for my tastes.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2020, 12:12 PM
 
Location: SE corner of the Ozark Redoubt
3,073 posts, read 1,087,250 times
Reputation: 3125
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Okay
I'm saying far-fetched things to get a point across. A LOT of these people exist in an alternate universe.
...
Huckabee's book called where we live bubbaville,
and where they live, he called bubbleville.
Seems about right to me.

(God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy)
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2020, 10:14 AM
 
40,733 posts, read 25,177,608 times
Reputation: 13048
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
The first is just wrong. My post is not hatred, but rather just simple observation. I turn on the TV, the internet or read printed media and all I see are the ideas of the left and how this nation needs to change. I read all the justifications for unrest and how people have been wronged by our capitalist nation. It isn't hatred, it is a reaction to endless calls to fundamentally change our country. Just listen to your figureheads like aoc, maxine, ilhan, rashida and greta. There are dozens of examples. I can't believe you can possibly be sincere in your beliefs the liberals do not want to completely destroy and rebuild the nation in a new Utopian dream fashion.

The second statement gets old. All it says is pointing out my beliefs is somehow an "insult" and needs to stop. See, the pancake no matter how thin it is poured, always has two sides to it. But your view is only your side. My view is the other. You feel no one has a right to disagreement or else it is an insult. What if I said stop disagreeing with me, because it is insulting?

Disagree with me all you want. I won't take it as an insult or try to encourage you to stifle your opinion. But, don't try to suppress my opinion by hiding behind accusations of insults. I am just speaking what I consider facts, made no mention of personal attack and I believe everything I said to be true. You say in one breath you want people to engage, yet at the same time say my engagement is insulting. I find that very disingenuous.
I do disagree with you. But in your broad generalization about Democrats and liberals hating America, I wonder that you think Democrats and liberals would not be insulted? If I said that YOU hated America, would you not be insulted? The fact that you double-down on this insult does suggest hatred of Democrats and liberals.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2020, 10:20 AM
 
40,733 posts, read 25,177,608 times
Reputation: 13048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
This is your response to what's happening in VA? Do you have nothing to say about what I posted, so you pick something out in left field to respond with?
I didn't mean to minimize your concerns about Virginia, but the rhetoric surrounding the debate about the Second Amendment is about people losing their rights to own or purchase guns, so the question, to me, is valid. If people's rights to own and purchase firearms is under threat, then surely some normal, responsible gun owners like yourself have lost those rights? Virginia wants people who pose a threat, to themselves or to others, to be stopped. The red flag law requires that a case has to be made that the person is a threat. The person can fight the decision in court. Are you saying that a person who poses a threat should be allowed to have guns, and potentially to use them to harm themselves or others? Is that the freedom you are arguing for?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-27-2020, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Ozark Mountains Arkansas
2,132 posts, read 1,455,866 times
Reputation: 3998
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I didn't mean to minimize your concerns about Virginia, but the rhetoric surrounding the debate about the Second Amendment is about people losing their rights to own or purchase guns, so the question, to me, is valid. If people's rights to own and purchase firearms is under threat, then surely some normal, responsible gun owners like yourself have lost those rights? Virginia wants people who pose a threat, to themselves or to others, to be stopped. The red flag law requires that a case has to be made that the person is a threat. The person can fight the decision in court. Are you saying that a person who poses a threat should be allowed to have guns, and potentially to use them to harm themselves or others? Is that the freedom you are arguing for?

You are completely ignoring the fact that they want to limit magazine capacity and types of guns that are legal. Your logic of that fact that I, personally, haven't lost my rights to buy a gun, so therefore why be concerned, is ridiculous. The time to protest rights being taken away is not "after" it's done but before. How does anyone decide how many bullets to defend my life is too many? How far do we let lawmakers go in deciding what they think is suitable for it's citizens? The fact is that it's up to me, not them and I will make sure it stays that way. I'll say again, they are attempting to take away rights little by little and people like you will gladly support it.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top