Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2020, 01:44 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I was being a bit sarcastic about WalMart closings.

Outside of the Arkansas area, WalMart has a bad reputation, since they tend to hammer the local businesses pretty badly. In some cases they have "strip mined" towns. (Open big store, put other businesses out of business, resulting in local recession, and then close the store, and leave.)

I have recently heard of several WalMarts that are regulating the number of people they allow inside the store. I guess that means they line up at the door, waiting to get in, like the pictures of Costco.

Yes, you heard correct. I saw pictures of it on local social media. However it looks like in Harrison, the only time there was a line outside is for when it first opened and no lines reported since. I'm still avoiding it as long as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2020, 02:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
I was being a bit sarcastic about WalMart closings.

Outside of the Arkansas area, WalMart has a bad reputation, since they tend to hammer the local businesses pretty badly. In some cases they have "strip mined" towns. (Open big store, put other businesses out of business, resulting in local recession, and then close the store, and leave.)

I have recently heard of several WalMarts that are regulating the number of people they allow inside the store. I guess that means they line up at the door, waiting to get in, like the pictures of Costco.
Glad to hear that. Yes, they do have a bad reputation but too many people do not understand how many people the employ and how much good they do when it comes to charity. I only wish people would understand this.

Old 04-04-2020, 04:47 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Yes, you heard correct. I saw pictures of it on local social media. However it looks like in Harrison, the only time there was a line outside is for when it first opened and no lines reported since. I'm still avoiding it as long as possible.
Well, since all indications are that this will get worse for several weeks to come, I have not been waiting.

There are only a couple cases reported in my area, which means about a dozen they don't know about. I expect hundreds by Mother's day. The models the government is using to predict the peak are based on fiction.
IHME COVID-19 model FAQs | Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
Here is some of the fiction they feed the models:
https://www.ajmc.com/newsroom/model-...-covid19-wave-
Quote:
The study comes as social distancing appears to be easing in Wuhan, as several days have gone by without a new case of infection.
As I have pointed out, lack of new infections in China are a complete fiction.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...press-freedom/

When it gets worse, I will make a decision to end my weekly week trips.

Old 04-05-2020, 12:05 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Well, since all indications are that this will get worse for several weeks to come, I have not been waiting.

There are only a couple cases reported in my area, which means about a dozen they don't know about. I expect hundreds by Mother's day. The models the government is using to predict the peak are based on fiction.
IHME COVID-19 model FAQs | Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation
Here is some of the fiction they feed the models:
https://www.ajmc.com/newsroom/model-...-covid19-wave-

As I have pointed out, lack of new infections in China are a complete fiction.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...press-freedom/

When it gets worse, I will make a decision to end my weekly week trips.
I don't think any of us truly trust China, but I would like to think there is some truth to what they are saying about things getting better. As for getting worse for several weeks: several has a different meaning to each of us: I happen to believe it will only get worse for a few more (maybe 2 or 3, possibly 4) and that to me isn't several. Others might disagree with me on this.

Old 04-05-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think any of us truly trust China, but I would like to think there is some truth to what they are saying about things getting better. As for getting worse for several weeks: several has a different meaning to each of us: I happen to believe it will only get worse for a few more (maybe 2 or 3, possibly 4) and that to me isn't several. Others might disagree with me on this.
Well, if you are right, we will be extremely fortunate.

Old 04-05-2020, 02:37 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times
I don't think any of us truly trust China

Yes. And whether this COVID-10 came from the Wuhan wet market or a lab in Wuhan continues to be discussed. And the discussion gets in to the need to stomp down the American financial situation and the continued success America was experiencing with finances and jobs. Now look at the nation of America. Sure we will recover but we're in a mess and even though the leader of the free world has been harassed for mentioning that this is a "Chinese virus" he is absolutely spot on.

This is a virus that came from China. It's a Chinese virus! And it's causing us beaucoup problems here - whether it was intended or not. Does anyone else remember the Chinese Health Minister getting her feathers all ruffled when Trump said that all travel to China had to stop? And that all Americans needed to leave China? She said words to the effect that "that seems intrusive and unnecessary." What?

One could surmise that she was upset with that announcement because she was really wanting to encourage Americans ta stay in China, soak up the sickness for a few months, then scatter on home. Spread it around! Sounds creepily like that ta me. This is such a tragedy because a carrier of COVID-19 can have it in their system brewing and not yet have any symptoms. They're potentially spreading it to others during this time.

Old 04-05-2020, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Quote:
I don't think any of us truly trust China
Yes. And
... the discussion gets in to the need to stomp down the American financial situation and the continued success America was experiencing ...
... whether it was intended or not. ...

...One could surmise that ...
I really don't think the virus was intentional, or that they wanted us to "soak up" more of it.

However, once it was here ...

The following are facts:
1. It is here, and we have to deal with it.

2. The Leftists in our own country are using this to their advantage,to push the poison of their agenda.
("Never let a crisis go to waste" is their mantra.)

3. There are Leftists all over the Net that, in the past few weeks have changed their mantra from "this virus is nothing" to telling us that we must do things that will destroy our economy in order to survive this virus.

I suspect the Chinese government realized, a few weeks ago, that "locking down" the economy will cripple a nation. That is the reason they kicked out all the journalists and ordered their people back to work (sick or not) and are pretending they have won the battle against the virus.

And I suspect that the call from the Leftists to "shelter in place" or quarantine our people and shutter our businesses is at least partially orchestrated by the Chinese propaganda machine that is present in every major university in our nation.

Old 04-05-2020, 07:19 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
They may not be deceasing, at the rate we would like but what we need to remember is: have new cases slowed down? I am a little tired of the media giving us nothing but the negative side. I was happy when Trump set a date of Easter Sunday, hopefully. Of course this did not happen, but it did some reason for hope and now a new date is something we can all shoot for.
So you'd just prefer to be lied to? Everyone knew that was a load of bleep meant to pacify the masses and get them to believe that the sham market economy he has been touting for so long wasn't dead in the water? It was an asinine suggestion, but really, it works to just lie? Good to know.

Old 04-05-2020, 07:21 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,090,041 times
Quote:
I really don't think the virus was intentional, or that they wanted us to "soak up" more of it.

However, once it was here ...

The following are facts:
1. It is here, and we have to deal with it.

2. The Leftists in our own country are using this to their advantage,to push the poison of their agenda.
("Never let a crisis go to waste" is their mantra.)

3. There are Leftists all over the Net that, in the past few weeks have changed their mantra from "this virus is nothing" to telling us that we must do things that will destroy our economy in order to survive this virus.

I suspect the Chinese government realized, a few weeks ago, that "locking down" the economy will cripple a nation. That is the reason they kicked out all the journalists and ordered their people back to work (sick or not) and are pretending they have won the battle against the virus.

And I suspect that the call from the Leftists to "shelter in place" or quarantine our people and shutter our businesses is at least partially orchestrated by the Chinese propaganda machine that is present in every major university in our nation.
You're one off the rails kind of guy, huh? The first instance of disaster and we're already bailing out multi-billion dollar companies. I'm pretty sure we've got an agenda here, but it doesn't appear to be born out of "leftists". You might want to re-examine. I'm pretty sure leftists aren't building up naval reinforcement off the coast of Venezuela either.

Old 04-05-2020, 07:32 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llowllevellowll View Post
So you'd just prefer to be lied to? Everyone knew that was a load of bleep meant to pacify the masses and get them to believe that the sham market economy he has been touting for so long wasn't dead in the water? It was an asinine suggestion, but really, it works to just lie? Good to know.
So you come here to leave snarky and insulting responses to members which is serving zero purpose except to be rude and nasty. You can go back where you came from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas