Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2020, 02:23 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,160,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
People are starting to break, I had figured this would happen. While there is talk of opening some states up by May 1st, many states will remain closed for longer but I don't know how many will hold out this long. People are having to chose between dying of starvation of dying of disease and some governors, like Michigan, have most definitely overstepped boundaries and have infringed far to heavily on the rights of the people. There is a protest in Michigan right now about this.

For those who don't know, governor of Michigan (D) has made stores close off what she deems as non-essential such as gardening, baby items, paint, etc. She has made it illegal for anyone to go to their weekend homes in state although people from out of state can come stay at lodging, she had even banned the drug hydroxychloroquine in her state. You can't take your boat out to fish, but you can take a sailboat out. There is more, this is just a snippit.

So think about it, if you're due to have a baby soon, you can't go buy a car seat. You can't make your garden to grow your own food, you can't even take your family out of the the city to your weekend home (within the state). That's taking this way too far and the people aren't having it.
and people talk about her possibly being Biden's running mate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2020, 04:43 PM

8,612 posts, read 4,442,888 times
Quote:
People are starting to break, ...

... That's taking this way too far and the people aren't having it.
Seems like the gov of Mich is way too power happy,
and turned into a tin horn dictator.

People like that in other countries tend to go on vacation, permanently.

And we are becoming more and more like other countries.

Old 04-16-2020, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Seems like the gov of Mich is way too power happy,
and turned into a tin horn dictator.

People like that in other countries tend to go on vacation, permanently.

And we are becoming more and more like other countries.
Maybe when she runs for re-election she will get a chance for a long vacation. Thank God we have a wonderful governor.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:00 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,620,898 times
PSA: if you paid into the IRS, they may not have your deposit info. You can add it so you don't wait for a paper check.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/econ...mpact-payments

Old 04-16-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Maybe when she runs for re-election she will get a chance for a long vacation. Thank God we have a wonderful governor.
She isn't the only one, and I think some of the tin horn dictators around the country need to be reminded that they work for their constituents, and are bound by the Constitution, even in times like this.
I do agree we, here in Arkansas have a wonderful governor.
Hope our next one is just as good.

Last edited by TRex2; 04-16-2020 at 08:48 AM..

Old 04-17-2020, 06:53 AM

Trump met with governors yesterday to discuss how and when to open things back up. He said governors of 29 states that are doing well are free to open back up any time. Hutchinson said he would be discussing it in his press conference today. I'm expecting him to lift restrictions by May 1st on business and to open parks up, but continuining social distancing. We should find out today.

Besides the protests in Michigan a couple days ago, today 4 more states are having protests. I figured this was coming and states that are going to push shutdowns too long will see more. I don't see this happening here.

Last edited by Hollynla; 04-17-2020 at 07:11 AM..

Old 04-17-2020, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Besides the protests in Michigan a couple days ago, today 4 more states are having protests. I figured this was coming and states that are going to push shutdowns too long will see more. I don't see this happening here.
Yes, our governor has some common sense, which is why the Left is trying so hard replace him with a demoncrat, come next election. They have been swarming the Reddit subforum for weeks, already, trying to tear down Hutchinson and Cotton and actively silencing anyone who disputes their propaganda.

At least four sheriffs in Michigan have told their governor they will not enforce the unconstitutional edicts she has decreed. And in Greenville MS, there is a mayor and chief of police that need to resign.

Old 04-17-2020, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Yes, our governor has some common sense, which is why the Left is trying so hard replace him with a demoncrat, come next election. They have been swarming the Reddit subforum for weeks, already, trying to tear down Hutchinson and Cotton and actively silencing anyone who disputes their propaganda.

At least four sheriffs in Michigan have told their governor they will not enforce the unconstitutional edicts she has decreed. And in Greenville MS, there is a mayor and chief of police that need to resign.
They can try as hard as they want to tear Hutchinson down and they can dream we will have a Dem as our governor next time but I think they are wasting their time and energy. I am anxious to hear what he has to say this afternoon.

My feelings and I have said it more than once: just use common sense when you are out in public and keep eating healthy, don't get overly tired and wear gloves and masks if it makes you feel better. Also don't forget your elderly neighbors who may need some help.

Old 04-17-2020, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
... they can dream we will have a Dem as our governor next time but I think they are wasting their time and energy...
True, and it is how really badly they hate Tom Cotton that shows they are simply mouthpieces for the Chinese government. He was onto them early and stayed on message about the origin of this virus, and they simply cannot stand for the truth to come out.

Old 04-17-2020, 01:11 PM

If anyone is interested in watching the governor's press conference, I think this link should work, it begins at 1:30
https://youtu.be/LcyyCs8y_aQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas