Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2020, 12:35 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
A different point of view (with the same end) is the essay "Fate of Empires," by Sir John Glubb
http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf
"You must spread some Reputation around some more before giving any to TRex2 again"

Thanks for the reading material. History is something that folks just seem to ignore these days, and that I suspect is part of why statues are getting torn down. To rewrite it.

Also, you're username looks mighty familiar . . . .

Old 08-05-2020, 12:45 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,091,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
If everyone here read what was highlighted by the "platform link" above, it should appear to all that the 1956 GOP platform sounds more like today's Democratic values than that of Republican values. It seems to me that the current administration is almost 100% diametrically opposed to that of the 1956 Republican party.
Yes, I read that and find it interesting. So, yes we certainly can see that the GOP has changed much of their platform. Might have started with Reagan's statement about government being the problem. I certainly don't want a huge federal government. Now the Democratic party hasn't really changed at all.

Back then, they were the party of the KKK, segregation, separate schools and towns, back of the bus, and whites only. No real sense of everybody belonging. Keep them separated. Now they are the party of BLM, Antifa, hate speech, riots, tear down history, identity politics and blacks only. Pretty much the same old party it ever was, no real sense of everybody belonging. Still keeping them separated.

Old 08-06-2020, 05:17 AM

383 posts, read 400,016 times
Quote:

Whatever house you move into, set one room aside, as a pantry, for all those beans, rice and TP.
Part of the reason we moved to rural Illinois was to ensure we had enough property to grow food which we have been doing these past 12 years. Leaving Babylon was not difficult once we realized the direction of the Country. We would never consider suburbia or city life for the same reason. No matter which State. They are all headed in the same direction. It's just a matter of time.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:49 AM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
Also, you're username looks mighty familiar . . . .
I have been on a dozen forums over the past 15 years.
(Also, I may have gone by TRex on USENET in the late 90's)

From 1994-2006 I was on various forums under different names.
I was known as TRex in various jobs off line, also.

Old 08-06-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
Part of the reason we moved to rural Illinois was to ensure we had enough property to grow food which we have been doing these past 12 years. Leaving Babylon was not difficult once we realized the direction of the Country. We would never consider suburbia or city life for the same reason. No matter which State. They are all headed in the same direction. It's just a matter of time.
If we undergo Balkanzation, you may be on the wrong side of the line.
You need to be South of I-80 AND West of I-39, at the very least.
Frankly I wouldn't want to be anywhere in my old state.
(I left there in '82, never to return.)

Old 08-06-2020, 09:52 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,752,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
You mean just like the leftists have done all along. When presented with facts they resort to insults, and personal attacks consistently. You can dish it out, but not take it. You yourself are guilty of what you accuse others of.

My son is always saying, "They do it, it's time to give them a dose of their own medicine."

But I say, when we do that, we lower ourselves to their level. (Not saying DC at the Ridge is like that)

Old 08-06-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
But I say, when we do that, we lower ourselves to their level. (Not saying DC at the Ridge is like that)
There are times when it is appropriate.

Pearl --> Midway --> Hiroshima

(Have I ever mentioned I don't believe in "proportional" response?)

Old 08-06-2020, 05:30 PM

383 posts, read 400,016 times
Quote:
I'm 70 miles south of I80. Still East of 39. Will move if we must. Will leave a trail of destruction if it comes to that. If it were my choice alone, we would be in the Yellville area by now.

Old 08-06-2020, 06:43 PM

4,173 posts, read 2,569,029 times
Quote:
Is there a website with this information on it, or a map you can share. I'd like further enlightenment on it. Where did these boundaries come from, and why? How official is this? Or is this just some random ideas? I really want to know.

Old 08-07-2020, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
I'm 70 miles south of I80. Still East of 39. Will move if we must. Will leave a trail of destruction if it comes to that. If it were my choice alone, we would be in the Yellville area by now.
I didn't consider that far south, since your prior descriptions led me to believe you were further north (good OPSEC, LoL ) If you were 7 miles South of I80, you would need to be West of I39.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Is there a website with this information on it, or a map you can share. I'd like further enlightenment on it. Where did these boundaries come from, and why? How official is this? Or is this just some random ideas? I really want to know.
I am working on it. As far as I can tell, I am the currently subject matter expert. Many others have taken a stab at creating a map, most of them are simply touting their own location, and some have created good resources towards a general map of the redoubts. But, most of those efforts are static, and the political and cultural landscape is ever changing.

Official? Not unless it is the office of TRex2 LoL.

I have been assimilating information from dozens of sources, trying to create a coherent picture, based on the answers to a dozen questions you can ask yourself about your location or research about any other location. Some of my earlier work is available on my blog. (Click my name, last entry in the drop down menu, skim down to bottom of the page and click "2".)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas