Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2021, 11:20 AM

2,565 posts, read 1,640,161 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why anyone would oppose removing that provision. Why should the person(s) whose home is being invaded be the one to retreat? Makes zero sense. I also think wrongful injury/death lawsuits brought by criminals or their relatives, because the criminal was injured/killed while breaking into a home, should be thrown out by every judge in the country. Just don't break into people's homes and you won't get shot/killed. And if you do anyway, oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2021, 02:39 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,647,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatTX View Post
I don't understand why anyone would oppose removing that provision. Why should the person(s) whose home is being invaded be the one to retreat? Makes zero sense. I also think wrongful injury/death lawsuits brought by criminals or their relatives, because the criminal was injured/killed while breaking into a home, should be thrown out by every judge in the country. Just don't break into people's homes and you won't get shot/killed. And if you do anyway, oh well.
Sounds like a lot of common sense, and there is one side who doesn't have that.

Old 03-06-2021, 05:33 PM

8,932 posts, read 4,626,235 times
Stand your ground laws, open and concealed carry without permit, and castle doctrine are all laws that should be default in the US. The fact that they are not is due to despotism of past governments, and resistance to them being reinstated is due to pro-criminal media and disinformation campaigns.

The next step, that would actually set us right, and align us with our God given rights (that would be the "Creator" mentioned in the Declaration of Independence for those needing lessons) would be to remove from The Bench, any judge that seeks to infringe on those rights, by not dismissing, with prejudice, any case that runs afoul of those doctrines. (And there should be a fine for the lawyer that brought the case.)

Where we stand in all of this:

Right now, in Arkansas, we have the right to carry (I don't know about concealed) without permit, and we have stand your ground. We also have regions in the state where Democrats rule, and thus Constitutional protections have been replaced by a "woke" culture that favors criminals and degrades rights of Citizens.

Old 03-07-2021, 02:14 PM

340 posts, read 515,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Under California self-defense laws, you have the right to “stand your ground” and protect yourself without retreating under certain circumstances. There is no state law statute that authorizes this right that there is no duty to retreat. Instead, case law and jury instructions recognize the right of a person to use force in self-defense without first trying to escape or run away (stand your ground), even if outside the home.

Copy and paste.

Here in California we wrote the book on political correctness and nothing is green enough for our governing elite. Even so, self protection is allowed. I hope Arkansas won't accept the progressive sermon.
We never had a stand your ground law here before. Probably because no would could imagine that you would need it. Not because we don’t have crime, but because we are #2 in number of guns per capita in the US.

Old 03-07-2021, 07:37 PM

7,072 posts, read 9,609,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Stand your ground laws, open and concealed carry without permit, and castle doctrine are all laws that should be default in the US.
Tell that to states like New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maryland,....

Old 03-07-2021, 10:08 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,735,262 times
Accidentally I came across a video on YouTube about baboons raiding homes and attacking people in Cape Town, South Africa. Fascinating. The baboons are protected, homeowners can't use a gun when the animals enter a house or a car and their food and furniture are ripped apart.

If you get a minute, google "baboon laws in South Africa / Cape Town."

So that is the future, when breaking and entering is allowed, and protection is forbidden. This happens in another continent, but clearly gives us a glimpse of the future where political correctness is the rule and self preservation is a crime.

I hope we'll never sink this far; then again, even here on City Data recently a poster asked about rat control, and some of the respondents felt sorry for the rats.

Old 03-08-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Accidentally I came across a video on YouTube about baboons raiding homes and attacking people in Cape Town, South Africa. Fascinating. The baboons are protected, homeowners can't use a gun when the animals enter a house or a car and their food and furniture are ripped apart.

If you get a minute, google "baboon laws in South Africa / Cape Town."

So that is the future, when breaking and entering is allowed, and protection is forbidden. This happens in another continent, but clearly gives us a glimpse of the future where political correctness is the rule and self preservation is a crime.

I hope we'll never sink this far; then again, even here on City Data recently a poster asked about rat control, and some of the respondents felt sorry for the rats.
I really don't get the parallel. Laws in other countries are irrelevant to US laws. Many European countries, for example, have very strict gun laws which have no influence whatsoever on US gun laws. I am sure South Africa/Cape Town has good reason for their decision to protect baboons, and I don't understand why their baboon protection laws would influence b&e laws in the US.

Criminals are not baboons. They are humans, often with very bad intentions. Who, unlike marauding primates, ought to know better.

As for rats, I didn't read the thread you referred to, but I am of the firm conviction that, if you need to kill rodents or any other animals, you should do so quickly and painlessly. And I don't see a reason for anyone to object to that.

Last edited by CatTX; 03-08-2021 at 12:24 PM.. Reason: clarifying statement

Old 03-08-2021, 12:29 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,647,965 times
Quote:
I really don't get the parallel. Laws in other countries are irrelevant to US laws. Many European countries, for example, have very strict gun laws which have no influence whatsoever on US gun laws. I am sure South Africa/Cape Town has good reason for their decision to protect baboons, and I don't understand why their baboon protection laws would influence b&e laws in the US.

Criminals are not baboons. They are humans, often with very bad intentions. Who, unlike marauding primates, ought to know better.

As for rats, I didn't read the thread you referred to, but I am of the firm conviction that, if you need to kill rodents or any other animals, you should do so quickly and painlessly. And I don't see a reason for anyone to object to that.
This response is exhibit A

Old 03-08-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
This response is exhibit A
Exhibit A of what??

Old 03-09-2021, 09:08 AM

8,932 posts, read 4,626,235 times
Quote:
... Many European countries, for example, have very strict gun laws which have no influence whatsoever on US gun laws.
Not true. Too many people, who have no clue at all about reality, believe we should follow in Europe's misguided footsteps, thus causing their laws to influence ours.

Quote:
Yep. Looks like the beginnings of infection.
Posting history reflects it, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: