Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2021, 12:47 PM

57 posts, read 75,711 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Arkansas next year and already starting to look at the housing market and such. Ideally I wanted to be up near Fayetteville but found prices seem to be much better near the Fort Smith area. I have heard that Van Buren is a great suburb of the city. I work remote so I need a solid internet connection that has no caps/data overage fees, which I heard Cox has. My family needs to be commuting distance from local jobs. I assume likely they would have to go into Fort Smith depending on what all Van Buren would have to offer. I would say we are more of the working class. All bills are paid, can afford to go out to eat, but we aren't the types who drive new cars or looking to buy a boat. Any thoughts of the Van Buren area, and what type of jobs may be in city limits there to avoid the commute? Or is there another small town in the area I should consider?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2021, 09:22 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,890,406 times
Van Buren has a well-preserved historic downtown, some nice old Victorian houses on the hills directly above Main Street, plus some nice citizens, including some of my distant cousins. It benefits by its proximity to Fort Smith, which has more small city amenities. It would not be difficult to commute to Fort Smith for work or other activities. Typical strip malls, chain restaurants, Wal-Marts, etc. can be found away from Van Buren's downtown area.

Sorry I can't answer your other questions - will leave that to those closer to the area.

Old 07-15-2021, 12:17 PM

57 posts, read 75,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Van Buren has a well-preserved historic downtown, some nice old Victorian houses on the hills directly above Main Street, plus some nice citizens, including some of my distant cousins. It benefits by its proximity to Fort Smith, which has more small city amenities. It would not be difficult to commute to Fort Smith for work or other activities. Typical strip malls, chain restaurants, Wal-Marts, etc. can be found away from Van Buren's downtown area.

Sorry I can't answer your other questions - will leave that to those closer to the area.
It is helpful. I do love a historic downtown. I saw a video on YouTube about Old Van Buren. There are a few houses I see pop up on Realtor.com that I like, and that are more in my price range and such. I plan on moving this time next year, so I know none of them will be available next year but it gives me ideas on the types of properties in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas