Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 2,311 times

Advertisements

A few days ago, I went grocery shopping here at Little Rock. I ended up getting into an argument with a retail worker who charged me extra. Due to my cussing and yelling, the police were called and I was taken into custody. I was later let out and now I have a court date. I have never gotten into trouble in my life. This is my first offense so hopefully the judge will go easy on me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 06:07 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfiretoday View Post
A few days ago, I went grocery shopping here at Little Rock. I ended up getting into an argument with a retail worker who charged me extra. Due to my cussing and yelling, the police were called and I was taken into custody. I was later let out and now I have a court date. I have never gotten into trouble in my life. This is my first offense so hopefully the judge will go easy on me
Get a lawyer. Too dangerous without one. Then sue the store. You could well end up with a pile of dollars if you handle it correctly.

They cannot get you arrested without cause or they pay for it. You need a lawyer to get your position clear.

Old 09-02-2021, 06:17 PM

4,269 posts, read 8,171,277 times
stop being a Karen

Old 09-03-2021, 12:00 PM

8,918 posts, read 4,645,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfiretoday View Post
This may help:
https://statelaws.findlaw.com/arkans...duct-laws.html
The page at the link describes the actual law and possible penalties.
At the least, you should expect to pay a fine sufficient to cover expenses the state incurred, while processing you through the system. Your description, however, is flexible enough that it may amount to more. If you do retain a lawyer, the lawyer may get the charge dismissed, since, IIRC, the person pressing the charge has to show up, and they may not feel it is worth the trouble. The lawyer will still cost you a couple hundred (or more).

IonRedlin08 is right in principle, although he chose a completely incorrect word for the description. Holding your temper would have saved you a lot of trouble. Something it took me quite a few years to learn, myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
stop being a Karen
Not the right definition of Karen.
You are not from Arkansas, therefore you are the Karen, in this case.
The OP was being more of an ass.

Old 09-06-2021, 08:40 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,706,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Get a lawyer. Too dangerous without one. Then sue the store. You could well end up with a pile of dollars if you handle it correctly.

They cannot get you arrested without cause or they pay for it. You need a lawyer to get your position clear.
One cannot sue a business because of actions by the police, because the store is not legally responsible for the actions of law enforcement.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:50 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x3x29x41 View Post
One cannot sue a business because of actions by the police, because the store is not legally responsible for the actions of law enforcement.
You sue the store for the acts of their employee and calling the police. It will depend on the details - one of the reasons for the lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas