Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2022, 12:03 PM

15 posts, read 21,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rural & red View Post
You may also consider Virginia, which is a newly red (again) state. Governor-elect Youngkin vows to push back against mandates and even join in on the litigation against the federal overreach.

We are very independent and self-reliant here. Jobs aplenty.

Freedom is here -- have not worn a mask in months other than flying and no one dares ask for my vax card.

You have every right to choose not to be 'vaccinated', given the current scare tactics and pressure being placed on you. The level of gaslighting and social pressure to take a medicine that you don't want to take is unreal.

I will check out Virginia- haven't even considered it but glad to hear the Governor is pushing back against mandates. Thank you for the support by the way. It gives me hope! Personally, I want to wait until there have been enough studies on the vaccines before my family and I consider taking it. I don't understand why that's so hard for others to understand or why others that don't know me care what I do. If a person is vaccinated and/or masked, why are they concerned with my vaccination status or whether I am wearing a mask? I don't care if you want to wear a mask or get vaccinated and boosted. That is your prerogative. Hence America being a free country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2022, 12:09 PM

4,315 posts, read 6,278,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Screw that vaccine bs!
Very intelligent and qualified response. I'd like to hear your qualifications on this. I'm waiting.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Screw that vaccine bs!

Agreed!!

Old 01-10-2022, 12:53 PM

1,810 posts, read 897,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Very intelligent and qualified response. I'd like to hear your qualifications on this. I'm waiting.
Long answers are often dripping with needless pablum. Cut to the chase. The vaccines, touted as the end all to Covid-19, have flamed out. Enough of this nonsense! Scientists can splice DNA but they can’t come up with an effective vaccine? This whole thing is about governmental control and big money. Take the blinders off and you’ll see it.

Old 01-10-2022, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Long answers are often dripping with needless pablum. Cut to the chase. The vaccines, touted as the end all to Covid-19, have flamed out. Enough of this nonsense! Scientists can splice DNA but they can’t come up with an effective vaccine? This whole thing is about governmental control and big money. Take the blinders off and you’ll see it.
Oooh, so I get to live my life in paranoia that big brother is watching me. It's all some big conspiracy theory and fake news. Nothing is real anymore. You should stop watching Faux/OAN/Newsmax and live in the real world.

Old 01-10-2022, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Oooh, so I get to live my life in paranoia that big brother is watching me. It's all some big conspiracy theory and fake news. Nothing is real anymore. You should stop watching Faux/OAN/Newsmax and live in the real world.
Big brother is watching you. Vaccine cards, vaccine passports. That’s Big Brother. It sure ain’t ur momma.

Old 01-10-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:

The only one living in paranoia is you. You think a complete stranger like myself is somehow affecting your health. You want to control where I live and my own personal health decisions. You are irritated that I don't want to get vaccinated. You are obviously irked that I want to move to a "super spreader" state. Who even uses that phrase? Really? Super spreader? I bet you say "new normal". Just hearing the lingo hurts my brain. You use all the hot and in phrases!! It reminds me of my diversity meetings at work. All the buzz words!! I don't live my life paranoid. I live in reality. You should check it out sometime. It's filled with people double masking, sometimes wearing protective eye wear, telling you to stand 6 feet away. And with employers sending emails threatening to fire you if you're not jabbed. Wives telling their husbands to sleep in the basement if they are going to continue working and expose the family to Covid. Little kindergartners going to school, being tested by their teachers, forced to wear a mask all day and not being allowed to play with each other. People biking and walking outside on a hot summer day with a mask on or in their car alone with a mask on. Employees taking test after test hoping it turns up positive and eventually it will (because the tests aren't accurate) and guess what they get 5 days vacation! People relying on a television doctor and money making pharmaceutical companies instead of God almighty. And all of this is because you are afraid of getting sick. I've got news for you. There is probably a much higher chance you'll die of cancer (oh and what an awful way to die) or heart disease. Wake up!!! YOU are asleep! This last part is especially scary, so stop reading if you can't handle it, cause it's the truth. Covid will never go away. It spreads like the common cold. No matter what you do, how many times you get boosted, you will never ever stop it. Even if the whole entire world got vaccinated, you and I and the whole world would still get Covid. You are a warrior fighting a battle that's already been lost.

Old 01-10-2022, 05:52 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,576,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towneee3 View Post
I will check out Virginia- haven't even considered it but glad to hear the Governor is pushing back against mandates. Thank you for the support by the way. It gives me hope! Personally, I want to wait until there have been enough studies on the vaccines before my family and I consider taking it. I don't understand why that's so hard for others to understand or why others that don't know me care what I do. If a person is vaccinated and/or masked, why are they concerned with my vaccination status or whether I am wearing a mask? I don't care if you want to wear a mask or get vaccinated and boosted. That is your prerogative. Hence America being a free country.
Because the vaccine doesn't prevent a person 100% from getting the deadly virus, and if they do, the vaccine helps with the symptoms being milder. But the vaccines are not 100% effective. Few, if any, are.

Why people care is the same reason vaccines for measles and other contagious conditions are required: Because the unvaccinated can be carriers and spread the virus. Like Typhoid Mary, who spread the deadly typhoid but was asymptomatic herself. Other than that, people really don't care what others do as regards vaccines. It's that your unvaccinated status can have an effect on others. If you don't mingle with people, no one cares if you aren't vaccinated. Mandates are only for people who mingle with other people.

Sometimes a person can apply for an exemption to a mandate, like for religious or medical reasons. In that case, the person then is required to get periodic tests to show he hasn't contracted the virus. It all has to do with others being involuntarily exposed to the virus.

If in a work situation, a worker must go to work and involuntarily be exposed to someone who has more a chance of carrying the virus than someone who has been vaccinated. Someone who's not been vaccinated has a much higher probability of contracting the virus. So the worker who is vaccinated loses his freedom not to be exposed to someone who has a much higher probability of having the virus & spreading it. For this reason, many businesses are choosing to requires vaccines (& sometimes the boosters), or alternatively, periodic testing, to protect all the workers, who have no choice but to go to work and are powerless to prevent exposure to someone who might be a carrier.

Mandates exist, IMO, only because there are people who want to mingle with others in the public and refuse to get vaccinated, unlike in years past, like for the polio vaccine. Still, there are vaccines that are mandated for certain people in certain situations (like measles & such for kids in school), because of the probability of it being spread there, and the powerlessness of the school kids to protect themselves against carriers. If someone doesn't want his kids vaccinated, he could school them at home, in which case the mandate may or may not apply, depending on the state.

Old 01-10-2022, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
Because the vaccine doesn't prevent a person 100% from getting the deadly virus, and if they do, the vaccine helps with the symptoms being milder. But the vaccines are not 100% effective. Few, if any, are.

Why people care is the same reason vaccines for measles and other contagious conditions are required: Because the unvaccinated can be carriers and spread the virus. Like Typhoid Mary, who spread the deadly typhoid but was asymptomatic herself. Other than that, people really don't care what others do as regards vaccines. It's that your unvaccinated status can have an effect on others. If you don't mingle with people, no one cares if you aren't vaccinated. Mandates are only for people who mingle with other people.

Sometimes a person can apply for an exemption to a mandate, like for religious or medical reasons. In that case, the person then is required to get periodic tests to show he hasn't contracted the virus. It all has to do with others being involuntarily exposed to the virus.

If in a work situation, a worker must go to work and involuntarily be exposed to someone who has more a chance of carrying the virus than someone who has been vaccinated. Someone who's not been vaccinated has a much higher probability of contracting the virus. So the worker who is vaccinated loses his freedom not to be exposed to someone who has a much higher probability of having the virus & spreading it. For this reason, many businesses are choosing to requires vaccines (& sometimes the boosters), or alternatively, periodic testing, to protect all the workers, who have no choice but to go to work and are powerless to prevent exposure to someone who might be a carrier.

Mandates exist, IMO, only because there are people who want to mingle with others in the public and refuse to get vaccinated, unlike in years past, like for the polio vaccine. Still, there are vaccines that are mandated for certain people in certain situations (like measles & such for kids in school), because of the probability of it being spread there, and the powerlessness of the school kids to protect themselves against carriers. If someone doesn't want his kids vaccinated, he could school them at home, in which case the mandate may or may not apply, depending on the state.
You jest? The vaccinated are spreading the virus at the same rate as the unvaccinated. You way behind on the science. The vaccine does not keep you from becoming infected. Nor does it keep you from spreading it.

Old 01-11-2022, 04:05 AM

Quote:
You jest? The vaccinated are spreading the virus at the same rate as the unvaccinated. You way behind on the science. The vaccine does not keep you from becoming infected. Nor does it keep you from spreading it.
You like spreading misinformation, don't you?

Here's a study which refutes your argument. It notes that with a booster shot, it does slow omicron. And guess what, this is a conservative (LDS run) newspaper: https://www.deseret.com/coronavirus/...variant-spread

Last edited by roadwarrior101; 01-11-2022 at 04:15 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas