Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 6,474 times

Advertisements

Currently considering moving to AR, and am curious if I would need to give up my favorite pastime - hockey! I play all kinds (street, roller, ice). Certainly not a dealbreaker, but curious if there are adult recreation hockey leagues in LR and/or NWA? Are there ice rinks where I could at least skate?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2008, 01:32 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,312,184 times
Arkansas Skatium (on Bowman in Little Rock) has an ice skating rink. There are adult leagues that play there. Google 'Arkansas Skatium' for contact info. Also Google 'Arkansas Hockey Association' for more info about leagues.

And welcome to Arkansas. Best wishes on your move.

Old 06-02-2008, 01:55 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gw2112 View Post
Currently considering moving to AR, and am curious if I would need to give up my favorite pastime - hockey! I play all kinds (street, roller, ice). Certainly not a dealbreaker, but curious if there are adult recreation hockey leagues in LR and/or NWA? Are there ice rinks where I could at least skate?

TIA!
Hey, I play at the Skatium here in LR. There are currently 2 leagues running out there: One is referred to as the Mens League and is a wide mix of skaters from one or two former minor league pros to C level skaters. Then there's the D league (Developmental). D league is the only co-ed league we have and it's supposed to be for skaters with less than 4 years of experience. I have a bit more than that but I still play in the D league because the Men's League is a bit too fast for me. Unfortunately, there's not enough people here to split off something for the hacks like me who can skate well and handle the puck decently but who just don't want to be pylons for young A level kids and people who grew up playing. The Men's Leaguers do split up B/C and A teams at least once a year to play against teams from NWA in what they call the Arkansas Cup. Both LR teams won this year's event. Here's the website for the D League: Little Rock Rusty Blades D-league

If you decide to go to NWA then you have the Ozark Hockey League. I don't know much about them except I imagine it's a mix of skill levels too. Ozark Hockey League

Old 11-17-2008, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,696 times
wondering if there would be any interesr in playing a roller hockey team from memphis...we would come over to little rock..david h

Old 11-17-2008, 08:08 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,907,926 times
MOD: This is not the place to make arrangements to establish a sports team or schedule competitions. Please conduct this discussion via DM. Thanks!

Old 01-02-2010, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 4,141 times
any suggestions for finding an adult inline skating coach for novice beginner in Little Rock Arkansas area? All the rinks I've seen online only offer iceskating lessons. There is a place in Memphis, but I'd rather not drive that far. Also: any rollerskating clubs in this area? Helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:45 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,069 times
Most smaller ponds in NW Arkansas are frozen. All you need are skates, shin guards, gloves, sticks, and a couple pucks and you're good to go.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:44 AM

3 posts, read 8,462 times
Default Hockey!?!?

i just moved to little rock air force base last week, im looking desperately for somewhere to play roller hockey, ive tried a lot of places but ive gotten nothing, so if anybody knows anywhere to play, even just pick up hockey, please let me know, thanks!

Old 04-15-2010, 02:04 PM

1 posts, read 3,657 times
@yeahdude 501-837-2471 his name is Frank.. we have pick up games on sunday and sometimes wed or thurs if enough interested.

Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/arkan...#ixzz0lD0UwIAL

Old 04-20-2010, 08:56 PM

3 posts, read 8,462 times
Default hockey

awesome man, thanks!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas