Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:34 AM

49 posts, read 170,621 times

Advertisements

Seeing how i'm always the one asking about it, I thought i would share what i knew,,, From what i have heard. The mall is going too start work soon, i dont know that for a fact though, i have found retail sites, trying too already rent stores out in it. LoopNet - Russellville Village Centre, Strip Center, Russellville, AR ........ There are so called layouts and a area photo of where its pose too be going, im not 100% sure it thats the real lay out or not, i would guess it is. But I like the face their putting some type of movies in there. i hope it forces picwood too lower its prices. Also on the new russellville skate park. they are pouring now, so it should be done soon if you have kids who like too skate..

FEEL FREE TO ADD ANYTHING YOU LIKE TOO THIS POST. ABOUT ANYTHING YOU KNOW THATS GOING IN THIS TOWN OF OURS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 05:41 PM

564 posts, read 2,341,672 times
Exit 82? Are they putting in ANOTHER exit?

And crap, that's like three miles from my house.

They better put in a light at the end of Weir road where it intersects with Highway 124. by the shell station Traffic is going to be INSANE.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:26 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,270,385 times
I'm missing something...I don't see the part about Exit 82...but there's going to be Weir Rd. on the east side of the complex and they would add yet another exit? That's pretty crazy....and speaking of Weir, they best be 4-laning it on through to Parkway and Main....what a freakin' zoo at 5:00....there needs to be a light at that exit anyway, you can't really see what's coming from the south over the bridge if you're facing into the sun at sundown...

Old 12-04-2007, 08:02 AM

8 posts, read 38,500 times
Lightbulb More info. on the new mall

The new mall plan looks really nice. About Exit 82, it was approved due to the passing of the 1-cent sales tax continuance a few months ago. It will be a couple of years still, but Highway 124 is going to be widened to four lanes (including the overpass) and at that point, a new exit will be put in. In the city council report, it stated that this was the point where the retail and lodging developments were expected to shift in the next few years, if they can ever get the mall started that is. East Parkway is almost full, so this is the most logical expansion for the future I suppose. Also, the infrastructure in the area will HAVE to be improved once the convention center gets started (which, in my opinion, will have a HUGE impact on the area, but that's a whole other story).

Hope to see some work started soon! By the way, does anyone know what is going in next to Ruby Tuesday on the Tech exit?

Old 12-04-2007, 08:11 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,760,585 times
Convention center?!?! COOL! Got any details on that?

Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 AM

Default Convention Center in Russellville

Sure, I know a little. The one-cent sales tax continuance passed a few months back is going to help partially construct a new convention center in Russellville. Developer John Q. Hammons is supposedly funding $40 million of the project, with the city picking up the remaining $6 million. It is supposed to be located off I-40 close to the lake, where the Days Inn currently sits. They are supposed to build a Marriott hotel with at least 200 rooms, with a convention center with room for 1,000 people in a banquet setting. Major planning supposedly began in September, and Hammons has said construction will begin next year and be complete in 2009. Here is an article from before the tax was passed from the local newspaper:

The Courier, Russellville, Ark.

Here is a .PDFfrom before the tax was passed also. It may give you a better idea of what's going on in town:

http://www.russellvillearkansas.org/PowerofthePenny/TaxBrochure.pdf (broken link)

All in all, pretty exciting stuff for Russellville.

Old 12-04-2007, 12:23 PM

Isn't this the new convention center that isn't totally committed yet, though? I thought I heard something about a private liquor license and that Hammons may not follow through if the license isn't granted to the new hotel? Or am I confused yet again?

Old 12-04-2007, 01:46 PM

There was some talk of that, but as far as I know it's already committed. Hammons will get his liquor license since the ABC Board approved the one for that private restaurant in town a few weeks ago. He wants to invest $40 million in the area and the sheriff is the only public figure in opposition, so I would bet almost anything that the license is granted. It doesn't seem to take too much to quiet someone in opposition when they are the only thing standing between the city and a substantial investment like this one.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:00 PM

Hopefully Winters will just bow out of this one...his scare tactics didn't work on the new fish restaurant...but if I were Hammons I wouldn't want to take that $40 million dollar bet until I was holding the license in my hand...Pope County is a fickle lady.

Old 12-04-2007, 02:48 PM

True. I read in the paper that he is expected to apply for it sometime in the spring. Hopefully this won't be another disappointment and Winters will give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas