Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 12:43 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,188,627 times

Advertisements

I thought this would be a nice thread to discuss what you want to see come to this area or you think should already be here. I'll get it started with saying...an Audi dealership. Throw in Lexus too. This area has the population and money to support both. It really sucks having to drive two hours to get my car serviced at Audi Tulsa. NWA already has BMW and Acura. The other two would fit nicely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 01:04 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
I think the most asked about merchant we hear about has to be Trader Joe's. Every place we go it seems the topic of Trader Joe's comes up. Yes, Aldi's and TJ are owned by the same family but different arms of the family. We have Fresh Market in Rogers, they do a great business. Whole foods is in Fayetteville. So why on earth cant Trader Joe's not see the potential right here. Either Bentonville or Rogers were be great

Old 02-21-2020, 01:39 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,188,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think the most asked about merchant we hear about has to be Trader Joe's. Every place we go it seems the topic of Trader Joe's comes up. Yes, Aldi's and TJ are owned by the same family but different arms of the family. We have Fresh Market in Rogers, they do a great business. Whole foods is in Fayetteville. So why on earth cant Trader Joe's not see the potential right here. Either Bentonville or Rogers were be great
Trader Joe's would be great but I would also gladly take something like a Sprouts. Akins and Fresh Market are just a little too far a way for me to be convenient on a regular basis.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:36 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,283 times
To be honest, we haven't missed much at all (we were from near Fort Worth). I've only been to a TJ's about twice before and I don't get the hype. But then I haven't really fallen in love with Aldi either. I'd be happy to have a 2nd Whole Foods location up here on the north side (Rogers/Bentonville). Though, my default answer to these questions is that I wish H-E-B would expand outside of Texas!

Strangely, we haven't found a tex-mex place we like as well as our favorite back in FW (La Playa Maya!)...mostly due to the marinade/flavoring of their steak fajitas. So we're still looking. We haven't tried everywhere yet!

Otherwise, I'm coming up blank.

Old 02-21-2020, 02:55 PM

490 posts, read 1,265,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_nightowl View Post
To be honest, we haven't missed much at all (we were from near Fort Worth). I've only been to a TJ's about twice before and I don't get the hype. But then I haven't really fallen in love with Aldi either. I'd be happy to have a 2nd Whole Foods location up here on the north side (Rogers/Bentonville). Though, my default answer to these questions is that I wish H-E-B would expand outside of Texas!

Strangely, we haven't found a tex-mex place we like as well as our favorite back in FW (La Playa Maya!)...mostly due to the marinade/flavoring of their steak fajitas. So we're still looking. We haven't tried everywhere yet!

Otherwise, I'm coming up blank.
Here, Here!! During my 8 years in Texas I loved HEB but back in the 80's it was nothing like now. We still travel back to Houston often for family and now HEB is unrivaled. When we were in Omaha before moving to HSV we had Hy-Vee stores that were as good as HEB. And I'm still upset that Whataburger bypassed us in central Arkansas and went straight to NWA .

Old 02-21-2020, 04:27 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,379 times
I agree on the TexMex. NWA doesn't have a real top-shelf Mexican restaurant like you'd find in DFW or Austin.

I don't understand why.

Chuy's is not it.

Old 02-21-2020, 04:49 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btoverdrive View Post
HEB is unrivaled. When we were in Omaha before moving to HSV we had Hy-Vee stores that were as good as HEB. And I'm still upset that Whataburger bypassed us in central Arkansas and went straight to NWA .

unrivaled? well...actually...yeah, maybe! Though devotees of Publix or Menards may disagree!

lol about whataburger. sorry! though we haven't eaten there since we moved here (15 months now!). We were very happy to have a Hardee's near though. I loved their Mushroom & Swiss burger when I lived in North Carolina. So even though I have to drive down to Springdale or Fayetteville, if I really need a "fix" I can get one!

Old 02-21-2020, 05:30 PM

3,759 posts, read 5,853,701 times
Went to the Whole Foods in F-ville and got some buckwheat pancake mix made in AK. That was my souvenir , LOL .

I agree, there should be a Lexus dealer in the area.

Old 02-21-2020, 08:34 PM

10 posts, read 5,299 times
Possibly might be moving to NWA this fall and a quick search on Costco's website didn't bring up anything. No Costco in the area? Maybe too many Walmarts and they didn't think they could compete? Lol

Old 02-21-2020, 09:16 PM

1,351 posts, read 2,128,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlow View Post
Possibly might be moving to NWA this fall and a quick search on Costco's website didn't bring up anything. No Costco in the area? Maybe too many Walmarts and they didn't think they could compete? Lol
Sam's Club is in every big town in the metro, I believe. That's Walmart's version.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers