Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2018, 11:27 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,649,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytrix View Post
OK made our trip Saturday (Nov 3) and Sunday (Nov 4) from Fayetteville to Jasper and on to Branson MO and back. Had a blast

1st stop the Ozark Cafe. Was very impresses by the staff. They knew we were coming but were already busy and we added 100+ to the mix. Excellent wait staff, got our drinks and took orders very quickly. Food came out quick and was very good.

I got to meet Deputy Bradley in Jasper. No I did not get a ticket, he is a Viper fan and just wanted to check out my car.

On to the Arkansas Grand Canyon. No it doesn't look anything like the GC in Arizona but incredible views from a very lofty view point. Beautiful.

On to Branson and dinner at Smith Creek Moonshine. I did not partake in the moonshine tasting and a couple people that did got a little carried away Lol. Good thing our hotel the Hilton at The Convention Center was just a short walk home.

We raced the go karts at extreme racing the next day. We reserved the track for a few hours but it was freezing cold so not as much fun as it might have been. It was actually the wind more than the 48 degrees.

On our return trip home we blocked traffic for a couple minutes so we could get all 50 cars going all in a row when leaving the gas station.

We drove some amazing roads both going and coming home and the fall colors were just beautiful. Sometimes there would be evergreens mixed in and the dark green contrast with the oranges and golds of the other trees was just stunning. Truly a beautiful place to live.
Sounds like a great trip! I live in a few miles from the canyon area. We are used to seeing the group rides of specific cars but I'm sorry I missed this one, that's a huge group you had. We love the Ozark Cafe also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 12:15 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,328,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Sounds like a great trip! I live in a few miles from the canyon area. We are used to seeing the group rides of specific cars but I'm sorry I missed this one, that's a huge group you had. We love the Ozark Cafe also.
This was a mixture of different cars. Anything from BMW, Audi, VW to Corvettes, Vipers and even a Mclaren went on this Express Rally.

Beautiful area you live in. I would love to live out there or further from the masses but my Wife, not so much Lol.

Yes it's nice to hear good reviews about a place like the Ozark Cafe and then have them deliver an experience that you heard about was great.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:00 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,400,038 times
great trip report! thanks

there is another great little local place between jasper and ponca, the "low gap cafe." we have an annual evening meal there after a buffalo river float in the spring. (don't know if they could accommodate 100+)

Old 11-05-2018, 01:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
OK made our trip Saturday (Nov 3) and Sunday (Nov 4) from Fayetteville to Jasper and on to Branson MO and back. Had a blast

1st stop the Ozark Cafe. Was very impresses by the staff. They knew we were coming but were already busy and we added 100+ to the mix. Excellent wait staff, got our drinks and took orders very quickly. Food came out quick and was very good.

I got to meet Deputy Bradley in Jasper. No I did not get a ticket, he is a Viper fan and just wanted to check out my car.

On to the Arkansas Grand Canyon. No it doesn't look anything like the GC in Arizona but incredible views from a very lofty view point. Beautiful.

On to Branson and dinner at Smith Creek Moonshine. I did not partake in the moonshine tasting and a couple people that did got a little carried away Lol. Good thing our hotel the Hilton at The Convention Center was just a short walk home.

We raced the go karts at extreme racing the next day. We reserved the track for a few hours but it was freezing cold so not as much fun as it might have been. It was actually the wind more than the 48 degrees.

On our return trip home we blocked traffic for a couple minutes so we could get all 50 cars going all in a row when leaving the gas station.

We drove some amazing roads both going and coming home and the fall colors were just beautiful. Sometimes there would be evergreens mixed in and the dark green contrast with the oranges and golds of the other trees was just stunning. Truly a beautiful place to live.
What a wonderful weekend you had. Enjoy this week as it is supposed to get really cold by Thursday.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What a wonderful weekend you had. Enjoy this week as it is supposed to get really cold by Thursday.
Yes, I saw the cold coming. We leave for San Diego in 1 week.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latunafish View Post
great trip report! thanks

there is another great little local place between jasper and ponca, the "low gap cafe." we have an annual evening meal there after a buffalo river float in the spring. (don't know if they could accommodate 100+)
I'm pretty sure I saw the Low Gap Cafe. I may give it a try sometime when I'm with a smaller group.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:43 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,649,748 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I saw the Low Gap Cafe. I may give it a try sometime when I'm with a smaller group.
Also try the Cliff House which is on Hwy 7 overlooking the canyon, you probably noticed it. They are closing for the season in a couple weeks and will re-open in the spring. If anything, the view is worth it while you have dinner, but the food is pretty good too.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Yes, I saw the cold coming. We leave for San Diego in 1 week.
Now that is a smart move for sure. Will you be gone all winter or will you return to see some nice snowy winter days?

Old 11-06-2018, 06:52 AM

Hard to say for sure. We only bought one way tickets so I'm thinking March.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:41 AM

Well today is the day or should I say night that AR will try to break the loser spell though we all know it would be almost impossible for them to win. Maybe they can keep it close. Regardless our daughter, sil granddaughter, her husband and their 2 little ones will be there early to tailgate and stay for the game as long as they can last. with season tickets they want to be there as often and long as possible. I am betting they leave at 1/2 time. In fact our granddaughter might take the kids home even before the game starts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas