Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2020, 10:44 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times

Advertisements

Devastating for this forum. I had a bad feeling. Nita would have been on here in some way, shape or form if she were able in any capacity. I know she enjoyed taking part in CD as much or even more than any of us. After I met her (in here) following our first trip to Hot Springs back in '15 she always went out of her way to advise and encourage me in my quest to become an Arkansan, no matter how redundant I was about it. Like many of us, I feel like I made a real friend with her and so this is a genuinely difficult passing to absorb even though I never did get to meet her in person. I have to say that we did consider asking her and her husband to coffee when we were down last spring, but with Covid just getting ramped up and everything else going on in this crazy world I didn't want to seem like a cyber-creep and instead chose to err on the side of caution and keep our CD relationship intact. I almost wish I had rolled the dice now.....obviously.

As I said previously, I suspect we also lost Old Fossil's contributions earlier this year, so between him and our beloved Nita leaving us there are 2 giant holes to be filled in the AR forum now. I take solace in knowing there are several excellent AR forum members capable of doing so.....Holly, DC, vcvs, Jim, latuna, Luv, Rex just to name a few. Although I remain an out of stater, I hope I am viewed in that light as well....and that I can one day celebrate our permanent arrival to Arkansas with many of you in the same way I had hoped to with dear Nita.

R.I.P., sweet lady. We will miss you so very much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 12:58 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times

Old 12-14-2020, 01:27 PM

I'm somewhat certain it would be inappropriate to post here given the anonymity aspect of CD, but I did find Nita and her husband's obituaries online (others can chime in about that, I just didn't want to obnoxiously do it without consulting the rest of you). More than anything I just wanted to have a face to go with all the posts we shared and exchanged over the past 5 years. There's a nice write up, an option to sign the guestbook and/or make a donation in lieu of flowers. Hope I haven't overstepped with even that, but I also hope it shows the kind of affect she had on people that we would seek that sort of closure.

Old 12-14-2020, 02:08 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,399,233 times
thank you, tyryztoll, for the kind words and the obit info. i left a message there also.

nita and old fossil will be missed on this forum.

Old 12-14-2020, 02:10 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,891,510 times
I am so sorry to learn this. Nita was a funny, feisty lady whose love for our beautiful Arkansas (one of my ancestral homes) shone through her posts here. I will miss her., and this forum is poorer for her loss.

Old 12-14-2020, 03:14 PM

2,022 posts, read 1,737,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
I'm somewhat certain it would be inappropriate to post here given the anonymity aspect of CD, but I did find Nita and her husband's obituaries online (others can chime in about that, I just didn't want to obnoxiously do it without consulting the rest of you). More than anything I just wanted to have a face to go with all the posts we shared and exchanged over the past 5 years. There's a nice write up, an option to sign the guestbook and/or make a donation in lieu of flowers. Hope I haven't overstepped with even that, but I also hope it shows the kind of affect she had on people that we would seek that sort of closure.
Dear Tyryztoll, I'd love to learn more about Nita, and any information would be welcomed by myself and other members as well, - I think. If you have any doubts maybe you could ask a family member. Nita had extended family in the area.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:10 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,649,286 times
tyrztoll, can you message me the obituary? I know their full names and have searched but cannot find the obituary.

Like many of you, I felt like she was a friend. It's strange, because I feel like I'm mourning someone I never actually met in person, but she will still be so missed.

Old 12-14-2020, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
tyrztoll, can you message me the obituary? I know their full names and have searched but cannot find the obituary.
Done.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:30 AM

8,920 posts, read 4,636,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Devastating for this forum. I had a bad feeling. Nita would have been on here in some way, shape or form if she were able in any capacity. I know she enjoyed taking part in CD as much or even more than any of us. After I met her (in here) following our first trip to Hot Springs back in '15 she always went out of her way to advise and encourage me in my quest to become an Arkansan, no matter how redundant I was about it. Like many of us, I feel like I made a real friend with her and so this is a genuinely difficult passing to absorb even though I never did get to meet her in person. I have to say that we did consider asking her and her husband to coffee when we were down last spring, but with Covid just getting ramped up and everything else going on in this crazy world I didn't want to seem like a cyber-creep and instead chose to err on the side of caution and keep our CD relationship intact. I almost wish I had rolled the dice now.....obviously.

As I said previously, I suspect we also lost Old Fossil's contributions earlier this year, so between him and our beloved Nita leaving us there are 2 giant holes to be filled in the AR forum now. ...
Thanks for saying what many of us are feeling.

Quote:
I hope I am viewed in that light as well....and that I can one day celebrate our permanent arrival to Arkansas with many of you in the same way I had hoped to with dear Nita.
Whatever differences we may have appeared to have in the past, I will welcome you and yours.

Quote:
R.I.P., sweet lady. We will miss you so very much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Like many of you, I felt like she was a friend. It's strange, because I feel like I'm mourning someone I never actually met in person, but she will still be so missed.
Same feelings here.

Old 12-15-2020, 09:13 AM

126,266 posts, read 19,034,903 times
I was worried about nmnita since quite a while until today another poster in the food forum mentioned she and her husband passed away.She will be terrible missed.May they {{{BOTH}}} rest in peace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas