Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2013, 08:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
My stars, I'm gonna FREEZE! It was 84 yesterday, freeze warning tonight. Nita, hope all is well in your neck of the woods - husband is in Gravette and says they almost floated off during the night. I saw a lot of rain/storm damage to hiking trails around F'ville on FB.

If I had any firewood left I guess I'd crank up the fireplace again. I thought we were done with winter...I am SO OVER cold weather!
Other than a street full of leaves and other junk, everything right here is fine. A couple of the golf courses were flooded and Lake Bella Vista was almost overflowing. I had an appointment to have my eyes checked this morning but got a call yesterday, the entire strip mall was flooded. I would have to say this has been the strangest spring I can remember. Oh, I know, we all say this almost yearly but this has been a weird year. The good news: my tomato plants did survive and tonight isn't going to be freezing, so I think we are ok..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluff_Dweller View Post
Only got down to 36 at my house Nita so you should have been warmer. Wish you a continued "Mater" growing season.
Bluff
It was 33 according to weather.com in Bella Vista when I checked about 6:30..My maters are just fine, poor little guys. I bet they were wondering why mommy put them in the ground so soon. Now, I have to buy a few more and I will be set for summer.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:24 PM

536 posts, read 573,475 times
I heard Bentonville was a good place to live from some people I once knew there. They worked for Wal-Mart and liked the area, and liked being close to Branson.

What do you all think about Bentonville?

Old 04-21-2013, 09:49 AM

Bentonville is very nice, so is Bella Vista and parts of Rogers, as well as Fayetteville. The entire area is pretty, relatively low cost of living compared to other places in the country and wonderful, friendly peop with kids that generally know who to behave...Come visit, you will know what we mean.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:35 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,865,579 times
Got to watch my HOGS on ESPNU last night and watching them again today on ESPN2. Great to see Arkansas baseball!

Old 04-22-2013, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Got to watch my HOGS on ESPNU last night and watching them again today on ESPN2. Great to see Arkansas baseball!
We watched part of the game yesterday afternoon. Of course our daughter and son in law were at the Football game on Saturday. The team is taking shape, we might have a decent year..

Old 04-28-2013, 09:04 PM

807 posts, read 2,514,998 times
My wife and I were tired of hanging around here or Hot Springs so we decided to head furthur north. We left beautiful weather down here,and nearly got in a nasty storm in Bryant. I wound up sitting in the car while my wife shopped in between rainshowers.

Old 04-29-2013, 05:03 AM

finally if looks like our weather has taken its upswing and summer isn't far behind. I checked yesterday, my squash is up; green beans are sticking their little heads out of the ground and we have a couple of tomato blossoms. Now, I think, either today or tomorrow I will finish the planting and watch my efforts pay off. I still have to do the potted plants..

Old 04-29-2013, 05:37 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
I just gave up on much other than my raised beds this year. With the drought the last couple of years, our water bill was almost more than our electric bill. I can buy a lot of veggies at the Farmer's Market for that kind of money. I'm also trying to juggle caring for my elderly father in there somewhere and unless I could afford floodlights and garden at 2:30 in the morning, it just wasn't going to happen. I have little free time and even less energy these days!

I'm doing a few tomatoes and cukes, but the garden will have to hold until next year and we'll see what happens. Knowing my luck, this will be the banner year for home gardens!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
I just gave up on much other than my raised beds this year. With the drought the last couple of years, our water bill was almost more than our electric bill. I can buy a lot of veggies at the Farmer's Market for that kind of money. I'm also trying to juggle caring for my elderly father in there somewhere and unless I could afford floodlights and garden at 2:30 in the morning, it just wasn't going to happen. I have little free time and even less energy these days!

I'm doing a few tomatoes and cukes, but the garden will have to hold until next year and we'll see what happens. Knowing my luck, this will be the banner year for home gardens!
I know what you are saying: our raised beds need new borders and hubby doesn't have the strength to rebuild them, My back has seen better days and the OkIlast few years have not been friendly to the AR gardener. Last year, as we all know was a total was a total washout (without the washer to wash it) and the year before wasn't much better, though we did get a little more rain. If this year isn't better I think my gardening days will be more geared to walking around the farmers markets and buying what they slave over growing.

I didn't know about your dad, yes, that in itself can be very time consuming whether he is living alone, with you or even in a retirement community.. We had our hands full with hubby's mom who died at 97 and my niece went through a lot, trying to just handle my step moms finances. She died (no, not my niece, my stepmom ) in Sept. She was 95. Thank God for my niece, she was the only one left with a brain, to care for mom. They both live or lived in So California.

OK, I spent an hour outside, am taking a break and will try to do another hour later, after lunch.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas