Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2008, 08:23 PM

620 posts, read 2,083,661 times

Advertisements

Yeah, ... how about those Razorbacks? Anybody remember the year of Britnam and Crockett?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 05:47 PM

Where'd everybody go?

OK, I promise I wont say anything without asking permission first.

[crosses fingers behind torso and whistles]

Old 11-04-2008, 05:49 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,574,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Winkus View Post
Where'd everybody go?

OK, I promise I wont say anything without asking permission first.

[crosses fingers behind torso and whistles]
A cold snap in the Ozarks must have everyone by the fire place? Once I get settled on my little piece of AR we can liven things up a bit as long as we obey Sam.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:54 PM

Perfect place to be, I reckon.

Gimmie another 16 months and I'll be doing the same.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:56 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,574,375 times
Make take me a few more months but not many... The fish will wait.. At least they better.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:05 PM

LOL! Yeah, the fish will still be there. I'm just not sure I can wait!

Don't want to be wishin' my life away, but I'd sure like to get started now.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:19 AM

292 posts, read 1,308,250 times
BW, are you working on a place in Arkansas? What general area? The paneling on the walls in your picture looks like the paneling on the walls in our cabin. We've been meaning to paint them (we're not paneling lovers), but never have enough time up there to get it done (not when there are so many trails to be hiked and rivers to be canoed and caves to be explored and creeks to wade and......)

We haven't done any fishing yet, but our neighbor has said that he has a great spot on his creek that we can fish on (he is the nicest guy). We just haven't taken the time to do it yet. And of course, there's always the Mulberry. We just don't fish any more, but we used to and I liked it. We would have to get a lot of new stuff and do some work on our old fishing rods!

Nomadicus, do you already have a place, too, and what general area?

I just love our place in Arkansas...if my mom ever had to sell it, I don't know how I would be able to stand it (I can't afford to buy it!). I sure would love to be up there now and see the leaves....Mama said she talked to a lady in Ozark day before yesterday, and she said they are just unbelievable. *sigh* I've only been able to be up there once when the fall foliage was pretty, and it was a real experience. There is almost a magical feeling to the land in some places up there, and not just in the fall, but all year 'round.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:26 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvarkansas View Post
There is almost a magical feeling to the land in some places up there, and not just in the fall, but all year 'round.
Take *that* to the bank.

Nomadicus and Bull are straining at the bit, and I remember being there.

Once you get here, and get all the flotsam and jetsum settled, it's a little piece of heaven fer sure.

The colors are in full tilt boogie. Down the road a piece, friend of mine has hay fields on both sides of the road. On the north field, there's a really nice diversification of trees. On the way into church Sunday morning we stopped in the road and stared in awe.

My wife summed it up after a stunned silence, "That doesn't even look real".

With all the nay-saying, the worry about crime in *_*, the concern if a chain store is going to open up, I'll just sit back in my chair, feet propped up on the rail, Kentucky's finest in my hand, dog sleeping peacefully at my side, waitin' for y'all to mosey up the drive.

If this works right, picture is from the front deck after a storm last spring.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:34 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,208,081 times
Default Didn't work!!!!

Trying again

OK. It says it has it.

I dunno, I tried, but this ain't takin' the picture.

I'll figger something else out.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 AM

1,047 posts, read 2,784,700 times
luvarkansas, the Mulberry is a great river to float even if you don't fish.

Good luck with the pic RogMar...I can never get it to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas