Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2013, 11:27 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,865,579 times

Advertisements

*SIGH* Another building year. It seems every years is a building year for the Hogs, either football, basketball or baseball. I want another National Championship! I'm not gettin any younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 12:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
*SIGH* Another building year. It seems every years is a building year for the Hogs, either football, basketball or baseball. I want another National Championship! I'm not gettin any younger.
and this was probably one of the most disappointing years in many. OK football sucked, but we sorta expected that: basketball had its' ups and downs, too many downs, but not the worth year ever, but the baseball team: they were actually rated number 1 in the nations before the start of the season. What the HELL happened? Oh, I know what, they forgot to how to score..They had about the best ERA in the country. Who says pitching is the name of the game?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:22 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,688,505 times
Whoa machete killings in Fort Smith

Machete Murder Suspect Says It Was “Like Watching a Movie” | 5NEWSOnline.co

Old 06-28-2013, 05:00 AM

Holy Cow, the heat is back and the grass has already started dying out. I hope we don't have a repeat of last year, with little or no rain. At least my tomatoes are doing well and so are the beans.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:10 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyFeller View Post
I'm stocked up on zombie ammo.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:03 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,688,505 times
wow new Barling mall is going to have 70 stores, I thought it was just going to be a crappy stip mall.

Barling Mall

For Barling, thats pretty impressive. No wonder they wanted legal liquor.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:27 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,963 times
Quote:
That's very sad, both for the murder victims' families and for the killer, who apparently led a sad, lonely life.

What just kills me, though, is his moms' statement -- "They took his life from him.” Why do the families of people who get into trouble with the law always blame the law? I mean, the guy didn't just defend himself, he actually pursued the guys after he defended himself the first time and they backed off!

I live next door to the chief of police in my small town, and there are so many people in this town who hate him because one of their family members got arrested for drugs, or stealing, or assault, etc. Why blame the cop, who is just doing his job?

No one takes responsibility for their own actions any more. *sigh*

Old 07-05-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
wow new Barling mall is going to have 70 stores, I thought it was just going to be a crappy stip mall.

Barling Mall

For Barling, thats pretty impressive. No wonder they wanted legal liquor.

Great! On the east side of Ft. Smith and closer to the cabin, in case I ever manage to retire and live there!

Not that I'm that into malls, but when you need clothes, you need 'em.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:45 AM

Btw, I wanted to clear something up about a couple of posts I made on the thread about the young man who was asking about being gay in Clarksville. I tried to do it there, but got deleted for being "off topic", and wasn't pleased with that because it made it look like I said something mean....and when I posted again trying to clear that up, I got deleted again. So, I thought that maybe since this thread has no set topic, I'd try here.

I posted a reply about the person who said they would step over them if they had a heart attack in the street (because they were gay). I said that it was a sorry human being who wouldn't help another human being in a situation like that, just because they don't like what the person did. I told the young man that, although I am a "conservative" Christian (don't really like to be labeled) who believes homosexuality is wrong, I would not step over him but would do all I could to help. And that we need to remember that everyone who is in trouble, no matter what we think of their lifestyle, is someone's little boy or girl, or mother or father, or sister or brother, or best friend.....and even if they have absolutely no one on this earth, they are somone that God loves.

And then I reminded everyone (because people were posting things about getting communicable diseases by doing CPR) that you do not have to give mouth-to-mouth to do CPR, just the chest compressions, doing them along to the beat of "Stayin' Alive" to make sure you're doing them fast enough.

So anyway......

Old 07-06-2013, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
That's very sad, both for the murder victims' families and for the killer, who apparently led a sad, lonely life.

What just kills me, though, is his moms' statement -- "They took his life from him.” Why do the families of people who get into trouble with the law always blame the law? I mean, the guy didn't just defend himself, he actually pursued the guys after he defended himself the first time and they backed off!

I live next door to the chief of police in my small town, and there are so many people in this town who hate him because one of their family members got arrested for drugs, or stealing, or assault, etc. Why blame the cop, who is just doing his job?

No one takes responsibility for their own actions any more. *sigh*
When we stop babying our kids and make them responsible for their actions the country will be a better place. I can say one thing, I have never lived anywhere that have such polite kids and we have here. No, not every child is perfect and there are good kids everywhere, but here they are just a little above as far as I am concerned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas