Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 08:20 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailla Moser View Post
Anything new with you and your wife? Anything new in Melbourne with the Miller, Cooks or Mosers?
I always look forward to your posts.

Gailla
Hey, Gailla. I wondered about you now & again. When I go to Melbourne, I get about halfway between my place and Zion, and there's a big "Moser Farms" sign with an arrow pointing down a dirt road. Spurs my memory.

There's Millers on that road, too, but they don't trigger me out of daydreaming.

There's *always* something going on with the Mosers, Gailla. The Melbourne paper comes out once a week, and I swear there's not a week that it doesn't have a Moser girl winning an athletic award, a scholastic award, a scholarship, or getting married.

The Moser boys, they're too busy making money to be slowed down by that stuff.

West Plains is a real good area. A lot of folks around here go to West Plains to shop because of MO's non-taxing of groceries. They have quite a few restaurants, stores, and support businesses also.

I don't know whetre you checked there, but among the medical facilities, there is one which has a specialized behavioral health unit which employs social workers:

interior

I'm not sure what the WRMC in Batesville has going in that field, but I would definately check the AR state jobsite weekly for Dept. of Human Services hiring.

I almost applied for a case investigator position with them in Melbourne a couple of years ago, but I was able to get my senses back and realize I'm retired before going over the edge.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:38 PM

11 posts, read 28,460 times
Dear RogMar,

Case Investigator position that sounds interesting. But I understand not returning after retirement. I will continue to check the Arkansas state jobsite.

Is the Moser farm sign you saw on 9 Highway East of Melbourne? That is where my greatgrandfathers farm was his name was George Washington Moser. There was a natural spring on the property. When we left there in 1965 all of the original buildings were still on the property. I have not been down there since 1975 so I have no idea what it looks like now? But it was a pretty interesting place when I lived there as a child.

It is my understanding that the entire farm is owned now by one person who is a distant cousin and I guess owns other property in the area.

Talk with you again soon.

Gailla

Old 07-30-2009, 07:48 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailla Moser View Post
Dear RogMar,

Case Investigator position that sounds interesting. But I understand not returning after retirement. I will continue to check the Arkansas state jobsite.

Is the Moser farm sign you saw on 9 Highway East of Melbourne? That is where my greatgrandfathers farm was his name was George Washington Moser. There was a natural spring on the property. When we left there in 1965 all of the original buildings were still on the property. I have not been down there since 1975 so I have no idea what it looks like now? But it was a pretty interesting place when I lived there as a child.

It is my understanding that the entire farm is owned now by one person who is a distant cousin and I guess owns other property in the area.

Talk with you again soon.

Gailla
Hi, Gailla.

No, the one I was referring to is on old 289, AKA "Zion Road", going from my place into Zion.

I'm betting that the farm on 9 is still in the family, as most of the natives here tend to "add-on" rather than sell. There are a lot of strips where one can drive down a road, past the farms, and never be out of one family's domain.

If you just stop somewhere around here, and stand still, you'll be waving at a Moser going by before long,

Old 07-31-2009, 07:01 AM

11 posts, read 24,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grani View Post
Grani is happy living in Arkansas
me too, I can't say I like all parts the same (cause to each his own) but I love living in the middle of nowhere in Southwest Arkansas

Old 07-31-2009, 07:12 AM

2,185 posts, read 5,012,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
Hi All,
Reading lots of threads on this site kind of depresses me. For every ONE good review of the state you live in, there are FIVE that are negative. Arkansas has beautiful countryside from what I’ve seen, low taxes and good weather. It seems that the problem is the people who live there.

I live in the UK and want to live in Arkansas. .
Exactly, it's the people that live there. lol That state may be pretty I don't know because I am just afraid to go there. But Arkansas is too 'southern'. I can't think of anyone who wants to move there.

I came over from the UK years ago... I can't figure out why you would want to move to Arkansas? I suggest you visit a few states before making a decision.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
Exactly, it's the people that live there. lol That state may be pretty I don't know because I am just afraid to go there. But Arkansas is too 'southern'. I can't think of anyone who wants to move there.

I came over from the UK years ago... I can't figure out why you would want to move to Arkansas? I suggest you visit a few states before making a decision.
That's lovely. You've never been to the state, but you feel confident in making derogatory statements about it.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's lovely. You've never been to the state, but you feel confident in making derogatory statements about it.

There are sterotypes with most states. A state doesn't get a reputation for nothing.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
There are sterotypes with most states. A state doesn't get a reputation for nothing.
So you feel that condemning the state based on stereotypes without any actual experience to confirm those stereotypes is a swell thing to do?

Old 07-31-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
So you feel that condemning the state based on stereotypes without any actual experience to confirm those stereotypes is a swell thing to do?

Without the southern states I don't think Jerry Springer would have any guests on his show.

If you honestly want to pretend that there are not some serious sterotypes about Arkansas, mississippi, Alabama etc.. then you are either in denial or clueless.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:54 AM

163 posts, read 616,594 times
Quote:
Without the southern states I don't think Jerry Springer would have any guests on his show.

If you honestly want to pretend that there are not some serious sterotypes about Arkansas, mississippi, Alabama etc.. then you are either in denial or clueless.
Amazing stereotyping. And you will probably not ever get to visit the natural state because of your fear of highways.

I lived in the UK and I certainly did not judge the place by the all the chavs and drunks on the high streets. By the way, there is a sizable portion of British Expats in Arkansas. I doubt if they will be inviting you over for tea though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas