Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 01:43 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetmeoutofAR View Post
wow! that live search thing is awesome, well the bird's eye part anyway!!
Yeah, it's great. I use all those kinds of tools in my trip planning. It's amazing with Google earth to zoom in on a remote little tropical island such as Aitutaki in the South Pacific and be able to zoom in and see the actually little beach bungalow we stayed in. When planning our trip to Tucson last year I really enjoyed the birds eye view on the Microsoft Live site to check out the condo complex we were thinking of staying in and even get to know the neighborhood so well I didn't even need to consult a map or directions to get there when we arrived - I simply recognized all the landmarks.

Live will be even better as more and more locations are available with the Bird's Eye view.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2008, 09:36 PM

87 posts, read 298,390 times
Hi Luv, Ol' Slim and his gal just came back from visiting Mena week before last. We use both Google Earth and Google Maps and had lots of the places we wanted to see already printed out. I have one of those GPS gizmos and used it to navigate from Fort Smith down (like how could you go wrong) and then around to various spots in and around Mena. It was fascinating to actually see the spots I had been looking at on the Google programs. There are some interesting errors in the mapping around Mena. Some addresses will show up wrong on the Google Programs, and some will even be wrong using the GPS. We stayed at the Lime Tree, and the GPS told us "we had arrived" about a half mile north of it. Kind of a strange problem, but something to keep in mind.
Love Mena and the Green Quachita Forrest.
Slim

Old 09-25-2008, 11:12 PM

33 posts, read 203,835 times
yes its free. i have it on my computer. its great.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:00 AM

292 posts, read 1,307,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hassayampa Slim View Post
Hi Luv, Ol' Slim and his gal just came back from visiting Mena week before last. We use both Google Earth and Google Maps and had lots of the places we wanted to see already printed out. I have one of those GPS gizmos and used it to navigate from Fort Smith down (like how could you go wrong) and then around to various spots in and around Mena. It was fascinating to actually see the spots I had been looking at on the Google programs. There are some interesting errors in the mapping around Mena. Some addresses will show up wrong on the Google Programs, and some will even be wrong using the GPS. We stayed at the Lime Tree, and the GPS told us "we had arrived" about a half mile north of it. Kind of a strange problem, but something to keep in mind.
Love Mena and the Green Quachita Forrest.
Slim
Hi Slim, have you and your gal moved yet? I'm glad you liked Arkansas....it's great, isn't it?

Old 09-26-2008, 11:59 AM

87 posts, read 298,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvarkansas View Post
Hi Slim, have you and your gal moved yet? I'm glad you liked Arkansas....it's great, isn't it?
No, we haven't gotten moved yet.. still stuck out here in the desert. We did find a house that we are negotiating on though. It will require some fix-up and that will be a problem with the distance involved, but hopefully we'll get all the details worked out.
After fifty plus years of desert, the green of Mena and the Quachitas is just unbelievable. The place we are working on has a seasonal creek and a large pond in view from the living room windows. Wishing we were still there....
Slim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas