Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,333,779 times

Advertisements

Most of what I know about Mena, I'd heard long before Bill Clinton was POTUS or even known outside of AR. Hassenfuss was shot down when I was in junior high, many years before I'd ever heard of Clinton. There's plenty more to it all than Bill Clinton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 08:59 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,345,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Most of what I know about Mena, I'd heard long before Bill Clinton was POTUS or even known outside of AR. Hassenfuss was shot down when I was in junior high, many years before I'd ever heard of Clinton. There's plenty more to it all than Bill Clinton.
Seal was assassinated in 1986, the same year Hassenfuss was shot down, while Clinton was Gov of AR. As soon as he started maneuvering to run for POTUS, the focus moved from a Seal/Hassenfuss and George Bush, Sr. to Clinton. I could go on, but you will not accept it.

Seal did live in Mena, his planes were modified at Mena Airport by a shop who's business was modifying planes for many carriers. Seal was just another customer, but after it all "blew up" that shop had to shut down for the lack of business and the owner went into another type of business. Again, you probably will not accept this, but that's the way it was. Oh, I have family who have been in the airplane business at Mena Airport for about 45 years.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 PM

1,775 posts, read 6,333,779 times
Why wouldn't I accept it? Of course, I do. It's nothing I hadn't heard before. I have a good buddy here who used to fly with Hassenfuss. I've heard it all and believe most of it.

However, I am most curious about the train deaths of those two teenagers. I saw that one on Unsolved Mysteries long before anyone outside of AR had heard of Mena.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:55 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,345,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Why wouldn't I accept it? Of course, I do. It's nothing I hadn't heard before. I have a good buddy here who used to fly with Hassenfuss. I've heard it all and believe most of it.

However, I am most curious about the train deaths of those two teenagers. I saw that one on Unsolved Mysteries long before anyone outside of AR had heard of Mena.
Thanks.

Train deaths - the only ones I am aware of happened near Benton AR which is about 30 miles SW of Little Rock. Unfortunately, that is still unsolved. There have been many accusations, many investigations, and many conspiracy theories including involvement of the Prosecuting Attorney who later went to Federal Prison on drug charges. That's another sad case where, hopefully, eventually, someone will talk.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:36 PM

4 posts, read 4,632 times
Ok, now I was born and raised in Mena, none of the locals will not are can not or cannot talk about the goings on at the airport. But Menas history is more than just that. For example: Did you know that two boys that graduated fron Mena high school became famous in movies and Radio? Ever hear of The jotem down store? Lum and Abner? Then did you ever hear of a country singer named T Texas Tyler? He was from the ena area and graduated school in Mena. The history goes on and on. You can go to mena arkansas on facebook and get alot of info there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas