Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:13 PM

11 posts, read 30,008 times

Advertisements

Been in Florida 2 years and we can't stand the people here or the lack of jobs and the lack of wages. I've been out of work for nearly a year (long story) and it's hard to make ends meet here.

I was in Clarksville for 14 years and my wife 5 years before I took a position in Florida. But now it looks like I may have a position in Nashville, AR.

Wife will get a position at Walgreen's in Texarkana, TX. So one or both of us will be faced with a drive.

Option 1-Live in Nashville, she will drive 60 miles to work each way. But I've heard that rentals are very slim in Nashville at this time.

Option 2-Live in Texarkana and I will drive 60 miles to work each way.

Option 3-Live in Hope and we each have about a 30 mile drive one way to work.

Just wondering what the different pros and cons of each town, Nashville, Hope and Texarkana are. I've only been through Hope 2 times, Texarkana once and I've never been to Nashville. Any thoughts would be appreciated (Yes I know..appreciated...so Arkansas ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 04:58 PM

483 posts, read 1,560,791 times
Live in Hope, that way neither of you is carrying the whole burden of a commute to work! I would also IMO think Hope to be a better place to live. Good luck!

Last edited by RTTNFAM; 10-10-2008 at 04:59 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 10-17-2010, 12:30 PM

11 posts, read 49,924 times
I guess it will depend if you like small towns. Hope seems like a nice town. Fairly close to Texarkana. I know nothing about Nashville, Ark. Both are under 10,000 in population. If you have children you would also want to check on the educational systems in these two Ark. towns. Texarkana has several options on schools, and the Texas side of town does not have a state income tax. Hope and Nashville both would come under the Arkansas state income tax laws.

Good luck with the new jobs.

Old 10-17-2010, 03:33 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,377,582 times
Since you are coming in "blind", I too would choose Hope. Nashville is a nice country town and friends children who grew up there got a good education and did quite well, but that would be a hard commute to Texark. I know nothing about the schools in Hope, but it would be an ease commute to Texark and not too bad to Nashville. I'm just thankful I no longer have to make those decisions.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:48 PM

77 posts, read 238,723 times
Everyone I have ever known to come from hope refers to the place as hopeless.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texark66 View Post
I guess it will depend if you like small towns. Hope seems like a nice town. Fairly close to Texarkana. I know nothing about Nashville, Ark. Both are under 10,000 in population. If you have children you would also want to check on the educational systems in these two Ark. towns. Texarkana has several options on schools, and the Texas side of town does not have a state income tax. Hope and Nashville both would come under the Arkansas state income tax laws.

Good luck with the new jobs.
This guy posted 2 years ago, I bet he has made his decision, what do you think?

Nita

Old 10-17-2010, 07:36 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallbaro View Post
boy you are one to the happiest people I have ever known, but I hope I don't get to know you any better. Maybe you need to take a chill pill!!!???

Old 10-17-2010, 08:40 PM

3,391 posts, read 7,158,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallbaro View Post
Niiiiice.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:26 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This guy posted 2 years ago, I bet he has made his decision, what do you think?

Nita
Priceless

Old 10-18-2010, 10:29 AM

511 posts, read 799,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley959 View Post
Been in Florida 2 years and we can't stand the people here or the lack of jobs and the lack of wages. I've been out of work for nearly a year (long story) and it's hard to make ends meet here.

I was in Clarksville for 14 years and my wife 5 years before I took a position in Florida. But now it looks like I may have a position in Nashville, AR.

Wife will get a position at Walgreen's in Texarkana, TX. So one or both of us will be faced with a drive.

Option 1-Live in Nashville, she will drive 60 miles to work each way. But I've heard that rentals are very slim in Nashville at this time.

Option 2-Live in Texarkana and I will drive 60 miles to work each way.

Option 3-Live in Hope and we each have about a 30 mile drive one way to work.

Just wondering what the different pros and cons of each town, Nashville, Hope and Texarkana are. I've only been through Hope 2 times, Texarkana once and I've never been to Nashville. Any thoughts would be appreciated (Yes I know..appreciated...so Arkansas ).

Definitely Texarkana, and make sure you are on the right side of the state line. Plus you get Whataburger. AR can't offer that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas