Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2008, 11:07 AM

5 posts, read 20,172 times

Advertisements

Looking for information as to the location of the Deeds Bluff Subdivision in or near Ash Flat. Belive it is located in Ash Flat zip code. Would appreciate some feedback indicating where I could find location on a map.

Thanks Bunches
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2008, 12:19 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aoldsalt View Post
Looking for information as to the location of the Deeds Bluff Subdivision in or near Ash Flat. Belive it is located in Ash Flat zip code. Would appreciate some feedback indicating where I could find location on a map.

Thanks Bunches
If you don't need it today, give me a couple of days and I'll ask around.

That's *Sharp* county, and I gotta get my hillbilly passport out. That's like goin' to the big city round here.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
If you don't need it today, give me a couple of days and I'll ask around.

That's *Sharp* county, and I gotta get my hillbilly passport out. That's like goin' to the big city round here.
No hurry at all thanks! Have a idea that it's out there somewhere.

Old 10-12-2008, 01:00 PM

Considering possible relocation to Ash Flat area would enjoy hearing any info anyone would like to share. Such as how much flooding was there in the area this past spring. Thanks!

Old 10-13-2008, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Considering possible relocation to Ash Flat area would enjoy hearing any info anyone would like to share. Such as how much flooding was there in the area this past spring. Thanks!
I'm still working on the Deeds Bluff thing, locals didn't know, so I'll check with some realtors.

Ash Flat is a very nice small town. I'll try to paint you a virtual picture.......

Where Hwy 167 ends to the north, it turns into 62/412, and that's Ash Flat. There is a Walmart at that point, and the road (62/412) runs north, turns into, and is referred to by locals as, "The 4 lane".

You'll ask where a business is, and hear them advertised on the radio, as "on the 4 lane". Pretty simple.

The "4 lane" runs north through Ash Flat, then Highland, Cherokee Village, and then Hardy. There is a High School in Highland, restaurants and service businesses all along the route, and you won't know which town you're in unless you see the sign as you enter it.

The only "Big House" area is Hardy, as such, with McMansions up in the hills on scenic bluffs. There is an upscale subdivision being constructed directly across the highway from the north end of Wal Mart's parking lot.

Shopping for just about anything is very easy, and it's not a long drive to Thayer, MO (~20 miles) where people go to get their alcohol (Sharp and Fulton are dry), and cheap cigarettes.

Hardy is a tourist destination, as is the whole Spring River area.

The population is made up of a combination of locals and non-locals, with Cherokee Village and Hardy being the most non-local population.

Flooding.....not Ash Flat, but the Spring River runs through Hardy, and it flooded big time. Took a lot of summer homes away.

You have to remember, that was an exceptional occurence.

The locals around me went down the road to watch the Strawberry swallow up our local bridge, and a neighbor lady told me, "Last time I seen it this bad was '57".

I live about 14 miles south of that Wal Mart, in the hills, and that area, The 4 lane, is where we go for just about everything, with Batesville taking up the slack for anything not available in town.

Batesville is about 30 miles to the south, has just about everything, including a hospital and college. Pretty town. Neat historic area. Second oldest city in Arkansas.

Real estate prices in the ash Flat area are very reasonable, from what I've seen.

That's the basics, I reckon, I'll answer any questions that I can.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:09 PM

Appreciate the helpful info. It was a big help. Passed thru Ash Flat once it was late and very dark so we didn'[t get to see much. Glad to hear Ash Flat is not subject to flooding. Know it was bad along the rivers.
Sorry to hear about the dryness on Sharp and Fulton County. Do like a little something in my ice and water to watch the sunset.
Thanks for all your trouble and help.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:43 PM

Default Reed's, not Deed's

It's Reed's Bluff, and it's off of Barnes Road, near Evening Shade, I'll try this map:

sharp county, ar Barnes Road - Google Maps

If you have access to a more detailed map, other streets there are Wild Turkey Trace, and Cedar Cove.

Barnes road is off of 56 East, which runs to Poughkeepsie.

Zoom out a little and you'll get a perspective.

Nice area, IMHO.

Need anything else, just ask or DM.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:59 PM

Thanks for all your help and the trouble you went to for the information.
Just got a email from the realtor that said the place I was looking at was already sold. Either he used the ad to lure people in or was just too lazy of a person to list the place as pending and then sold.
Sorry it was a wild goose chase I didn't know.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all your help and the trouble you went to for the information.
Just got a email from the realtor that said the place I was looking at was already sold. Either he used the ad to lure people in or was just too lazy of a person to list the place as pending and then sold.
Sorry it was a wild goose chase I didn't know.
No problem.

There's always another house.

Old 11-06-2016, 06:29 AM

6 posts, read 5,776 times
It's been 8 years since this thread was started, what has changed in the Ash Flat area?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas