Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:07 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,743 times

Advertisements

I live on Central Ave. about three miles south of Oaklawn. It is not "downtown" but I am surrounded by stores and restaurants. Most of the stuff around me is newer construction - but also chain type of stores (Starbucks, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc). If that sounds like what you are looking for, send me a message and I can give you more details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2010, 08:29 AM

13 posts, read 20,488 times
I'm going to look at a place on Whittington Avenue, accross from the park. Can anyone tell me what that neighborhood is like?

Old 02-14-2010, 09:48 AM

3 posts, read 2,094 times
This historic district is a mixed area that has a lot of crime, mostly theft. The better apts are a bit out of town like on shaddy grove or the new ones by the mall. But its a bit high on the rent, they were getting 750 for a two and 900 for a three bed which is to high for that area. The historic district is OK to visit but it has projects and bars on many of the windows in that area. I would not live there unless I had no other choice. Lots of hookers in that area, I had a girl once jump in my car without asking and pull her top up, it can be a bit nuts if you are not carful. Drugs also abundent in that area. The police keep the 7 central under control but outside of that its a bit more open to crime. I am not saying you will get shot if you drive down Spring st. I have done so many times cutting across to grand.. But it has its share of things going on.

Old 02-14-2010, 09:51 AM

3 posts, read 2,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I live on Central Ave. about three miles south of Oaklawn. It is not "downtown" but I am surrounded by stores and restaurants. Most of the stuff around me is newer construction - but also chain type of stores (Starbucks, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc). If that sounds like what you are looking for, send me a message and I can give you more details.
You live over 7 miles from the historic dist. and spring where he is talking about. You live in a very different area.

Old 02-14-2010, 02:09 PM

13 posts, read 20,488 times
My mistake, it's not Whittington, it's Sabie Street I'm looking at.

Old 02-14-2010, 06:30 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,110,658 times
I'm not familiar with that area. From Google maps it looks like it's above downtown near the alligator farm. It's suppose to be a nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas