Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 09:08 PM

763 posts, read 2,661,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
I searched and searched for a "drafts" folder on this site, but couldn't find one. Does anyone else know if there is a way that I could recover the post I was working on yesterday?

No, I'm wrong. Sorry. I was thinking of when you are emailing someone on your personal email page. Please forgive me.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:50 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,752,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
No, I'm wrong. Sorry. I was thinking of when you are emailing someone on your personal email page. Please forgive me.
Dang....it was a great post, too! I'm just feeling too lazy right now to try to reproduce it.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:57 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,759,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Dang....it was a great post, too! I'm just feeling too lazy right now to try to reproduce it.
LOL When you feel up to trying to replicate it, I'm sure I can speak for everyone that we'd love to see it!

Old 01-14-2009, 01:30 PM

171 posts, read 326,949 times
Default I Shall Be Researching

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
I will research Strawberry River, Arkansas....just curious about the reason it was named "Strawberry".

We once had hills in Northern Arkansas that was loaded with strawberries. Good ones, too. People came from all around to pick them. They hills were tall and rocky. This was up around the Buffalo River somewhere. I can't remember now exactly where it was, but I do remember going through Marshall on the way to the hills.

We would "pick" up the hills, walk back down, and start over at the bottom. Twas fun for us. A bunch of us would ride in the back of the pick-up and sing all the way there and wave at everyone!

Taking that 10 cents to the movie theatre was our reward. The rest went into the family bank in the back room!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:47 PM

10 posts, read 30,111 times
I love my state because it's pristine, it's real, the people aren't zombies or radical nut jobs.

Just a down home, warm place. Well, outside of downtown LR anyway.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:19 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,062,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hippie Lady View Post
I will research Strawberry River, Arkansas....just curious about the reason it was named "Strawberry".

Sorry I didn't have more info for you. I found a special spot along the river that I enjoy. That's about all I can tell you about it.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,482,904 times
The women! The trout! The women who look like trout!!

Old 01-16-2009, 07:06 AM

763 posts, read 2,661,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
The women! The trout! The women who look like trout!!

Two good reasons for sure. Or is that three?

Old 01-16-2009, 09:15 PM

134 posts, read 516,742 times
I only lived here a year and a half but:

-being able to be completely broke and still make it
-the kindness of complete strangers I have never found anywhere else
-having a mountain, a river, lakes, and forests all in the same place
-those gorgeous cliffs at the Coloniel Glenn exit on 430.
-no traffic on the freeways b/c everyone takes backroads
-cheap! everything! (especially compared to Hawaii prices I'm paying now)
-making $10/hr and being almost middle class in my neighborhood
-seasons! (something you don't get in Dallas)
-Arkansasisms (jeet? kick it, cain't, etc)
-life just seemed so much simpler back then (or was that because I was only 19?)
-the air and water are so fresh and clean
-the heights area of LR
-driving through LR...city, random forest, more city, more forest...
-Paxton's Pizza
-Lake DeGray, Buffalo River, and all the other camping spots
-it's okay not to be wealthy
-you don't have to get dressed up to go to the store
-fun backroads adventures
-paintballing in the snow

My only complaint? The bugs!!!

Last edited by TXLara; 01-16-2009 at 09:16 PM.. Reason: can't spell

Old 01-16-2009, 10:41 PM

6 posts, read 23,206 times
Smile Soon to be a new resident

I look forward to selling my home here in Kansas City and moving to the Hot Springs area. I recently drove through AR and fell in love with the beauty and the overly friendly people, and the lakes, oh my! There appears to be a lake about every 5 miles. I hope to quickly sell and be there for the new school year!

I'm unsure of the cell phone coverage with all the mountains, though. It seemed like I was without service for quite sometime.

I know nothing about Hot Springs other than what a friendly truck driver that I met at a truck stop, who lives there and obviously loves it, and of course what I found out from the net.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas