Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 09:56 AM

702 posts, read 3,151,584 times

Advertisements

We live in Arizona, South of Tucson. It is nice here but just too hot. It will be over 100 here today! We have heard a lot about reasonable priced housing in Arkansas. Is that the case? Where would we find an area that has a high daytime temperature of say, 85 and a a low daytime temperature of 55? We would like to consider a condo so that we do not have outdoor chores as we age. Maybe a condo on a lake? If lake property is expensive, as it seems to be here, then just a condo in a nice scenic area. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2006, 10:07 AM

702 posts, read 3,151,584 times
I see that no one responded. Are we asking for too much? Is there no such place in Arkansas?

Old 06-23-2006, 06:50 PM

393 posts, read 1,736,160 times
Wink looking at the wrong state

I don't live in Arkansas, but I can tell you that it gets hot and humid in the summer and the temps are in the 90's. In the south, the nights do cool off in the summer, but not like it does in the desert. And it can stay humid at night also. If you want the kind of summer temperature range your asking for, you need to go farther north or higher elevation. If what you are listing is winter temps, you are also looking at the wrong state. It does not stay that warm there. You would have to look closer to the gulf or into florida for those kind of winter temps. (by the way, there are other reasons you are probably looking at the wrong state for relocation)

Old 07-11-2006, 04:42 PM

2 posts, read 25,801 times
not going to find 4 seasons in Arkansas.... PERIOD
Housing is reasonable, but today was 95 with plenty of humidity. 55 during the winter maybe... but that is it.

Old 07-16-2006, 01:30 AM

827 posts, read 5,078,699 times
Default Try Silver City, New Mexico.

Look into Silver City, New Mexico. They have as they say "Four Gentle Seasons" it is not too hot or too cold and gets little if any snow in the winter, also it is a fairly cheap place to live. They only draw back is it is small so jobs are limited but if you can find a job, it is a great place to live. You should be able to drive there in a short time from Arizona.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:06 AM

50 posts, read 595,449 times
It's small with a population of about 10,000 and yet you'll have a 10% chance of having your life ended by homicide, the crime rate in general is above the national average and if you're white, you will be the minority population.
Doesn't sound too good to me.

-------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackerjack
Look into Silver City, New Mexico. They have as they say "Four Gentle Seasons" it is not too hot or too cold and gets little if any snow in the winter, also it is a fairly cheap place to live. They only draw back is it is small so jobs are limited but if you can find a job, it is a great place to live. You should be able to drive there in a short time from Arizona.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:44 PM

827 posts, read 5,078,699 times
No user name, you are saying because Silver City has Latinos, it doesn't sound good to you, look at the city data, they have had only 1 murder a year! How can that be bad??? Also to say that you don't want to live where you are the minority because there are Hispanics is really despicable! Silver City is a nice town and by the way it has about half Hispanic or 52 percent.

Last edited by Crackerjack; 07-16-2006 at 11:59 PM..

Old 08-07-2006, 05:03 PM

5 posts, read 50,797 times
MILD! ha ha! The humidity in the summer time is excruciating! If you want mild summers maybe try Montana (which is gorgeous) but then your winters will be extreme. What about Washington state? My sister lived there. It rains a lot though.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:46 PM

16 posts, read 109,454 times
I agree with some of the posters you won't find a high daytime temperature of 85 and a low daytime temperature of 55 here in Arkansas, however the housing market is lower than your area. give me you email and I'll put you on my automatic email sustem so you can receive all the condos and properties that fit your needs. BTW you have to send me all the info about the property you're looking for (Location, Age, # Romms, # BedR, # BathR. Style, Design, Price Range etc). Best of luck

Old 08-10-2006, 07:35 PM

3 posts, read 14,102 times
Default Missouri?

I'm with Sunshine Girl, and I LIVE in Arkansas! Here's the thing - most of the year it's really quite pleasant in Arkansas, especially in the northcentral or northwestern hills. And there truly is some beautiful land here. But, there's a stretch between late June and early September when it's often just sticky hot. Mint Julep hot. You know, AFRICA hot.

If you're looking for moderate temperatures and reasonable prices, without getting too far north or in the Rockies, take a look at central Missouri along the Missouri River at Booneville or Columbia. Fairly progressive communities and Columbia is a college town so there are things going on. There's some pretty land and lots of history, mild winters although they do get some snow, and temps are a bit more moderate than here. But, if a good high pressure system sets up, like it has this summer, it gets hot everywhere. At least for a while.
Don't know about the Latino population. Don't really care...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: