U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2009, 07:41 AM

65 posts, read 72,510 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! Just let me start by saying I've read through some of the threads and my questions are not meant to start ANY kind of a rivalry or war between any of you Arkansans .
My husband, special needs son and I are planning a move to Hot Springs Village area in 6 months time (right after our "official" wedding). My Mother moved there about 6-8 months ago herself and really wants the company. We live in Texas right now and are close to Houston which means my son gets all of his medical care at TX Children's.
I'm looking for anything you can tell me in regards to the job market for construction, residential building and remodeling, etc... in the Hot Springs and Little Rock areas as my husband is expecting to commute.
We want to live in Hot Springs Village so I'm also looking for any information on the special education school system in Jessieville or Fountain Lake ISD or private schools; children's health care such as pediatrics, neurology, psychology and the like; and in general the way of life in this area.
Sorry to go on and on but I wanted to be as specific as possible so that you would have no problems in answering my questions. If there's anything I've left out that will help you give more specific info please just let me know! Thanks so much for taking the time to read this - have a GREAT day!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 07:01 PM

Wink well...no responses so far

I did not mean to offend anyone...just some slight humor to start things off. I hope I haven't stumped anyone either. Just looking for any info in regards to a move from TX to Hot Springs Village. Thanks again!

Old 03-16-2009, 11:15 PM

285 posts, read 907,109 times
We've got lots of Texans here in HSV, including myself and my parents.

As far as the schools, I think you can live in either school district and choose which school your son attends. The schools are located on the west end of the Village, so that may be a consideration. You'd also be closer to Hot Springs, but further from Little Rock.

Not much construction going on in the area these days, but there are plenty of independent builders / remodelers / handymen and they seem to be staying busy.

Arkansas Dept of Education : Arkansas Department of Education - ArkansasEd.org
ADE Special Education : ADE Special Education | Home

Old 03-17-2009, 08:07 AM

Thanks so much Jeff! I really appreciate the links. It gives me a place to start. I was uplifted by the fact that Arkansas passed the school choice law as we don't have that here. It makes it difficult if you feel like your child is stuck in an unpregressing situation.
Anyway, thanks again for the information!!

Old 03-17-2009, 09:40 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,619,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desangel View Post
I did not mean to offend anyone...just some slight humor to start things off.
Heh...

Most of the regs here are fairly thick skinned.

We haven't "slapped leather" over an issue in.....oh....3 or 4 days.

I'm sure you'll get more replies. It just gets a little crowded sometimes so people take a sabbatical until it thins out again.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
Heh...

Most of the regs here are fairly thick skinned.

We haven't "slapped leather" over an issue in.....oh....3 or 4 days.

I'm sure you'll get more replies. It just gets a little crowded sometimes so people take a sabbatical until it thins out again.

Welcome to the forum.
thanks so much for the welcome...i must have found my true home. I spent 6 hours or so on the forum my first day. )

Old 03-17-2009, 01:33 PM

75,885 posts, read 88,768,575 times
Quote:
thanks so much for the welcome...i must have found my true home. I spent 6 hours or so on the forum my first day. )
so is your true home AR or the forum???

Nita

Old 03-17-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
so is your true home AR or the forum???

Nita
Wise guy, eh?? The forum is like a train wreck I can't stop looking at. I've only visited AR once...but soon I hope to say the state is my true home.

Old 03-19-2009, 09:31 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,619,535 times
Quote:
I've only visited AR once...but soon I hope to say the state is my true home.
There are a huge amount of Texans living in Arkansas. I live rurally, and I can count four farms in the area that have been bought by Texans in the not too distant past.

They seem to be pretty proud of where they're from. Texas license plate frames, front plates, "Don't mess with Texas" bumper stickers.........

When there are get togethers, and everybody is properly lubed, we start "picken" at each other.

"I know you're from Texas, so I'll talk slow".

"Be careful you don't lose that last tooth, Arkie".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or