Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 11:58 PM

53 posts, read 259,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
The real estate depreciation in Florida is incredible.
Don't have to tell us! My hubby is in the mortgage banking business and we just had our first baby. Tought times right now everywhere. I hope it gets better soon. Luckily, there is still people moving to Florida and rich nonresidents buying vacation homes here. It is the only positive in this mess right now.

My sis in law in Maumelle has seen her home drop by 15% as well. Could not sell it as it would be upside down. Maumelle and NW Arkansas made the same mistakes that Tampa did - building too many homes!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 12:03 AM

53 posts, read 259,558 times
Smile Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
Wow..we got one he!! of a better deal than this just this year in Maumelle! Your numbers here are dead to rights wrong. Very, very few homes in central Arkansas are listed over $110/sq. ft. Your range quoted here is $112 to 120/sq.ft. We bought in March, 3 y/o all brick 4bd, with bonus room/office, over .25 acre, granite countertops, wood floors, gas f/p for under $90/sq.ft.

When we came back here to AR from MD, we also briefly looked at the Space Coast area. I know, not at all like Tampa (much nicer), but homes there were priced quite a bit higher than here in Central Arkansas and if we had opted for hurricane insurance, we would have been paying close to MD levels of outlay when you consider taxes and insurance together. In Maumelle, one of the highest cost areas here for property taxes, we pay about half of what we would have been paying in FL in taxes and insurance (for less home too!).
My numbers are based on the most homes sold for the last quarter for new homes that are completely up to date; however, I meant to write 2800 square feet not 2400. Holding a 5 month old and typing is not my forte. Great deal by the way!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas