Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 08:25 PM

620 posts, read 2,084,133 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorbackbelle08 View Post
Haha, looking back at the post, it does look that way! I was actually trying to illustrate our similarities so my opinion might seem more valid.

Just got out of a three year relationship on Saturday. I'm really hating men right now. LOL
Woah! We're not all bad. LOL Something must of been right to last for 3 years. Too bad the worst part is always the most recent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 08:44 PM

41 posts, read 76,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Winkus View Post
Woah! We're not all bad. LOL Something must of been right to last for 3 years. Too bad the worst part is always the most recent.

See here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ml#post8636731

LOL

Old 05-04-2009, 07:52 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
op, for the few that may think living in the big city is better than living in AR, that is a matter of opinion. As I mentioned you will get out of everything, what you put into it. There are many well educated, classy people in AR, not everyone is Bible belt minded (not that being right wing religious is always bad) we have many contempory young people, the most being in Fayetteville I would say. Yes, living in the BIG city has lots of benefits, livining in a small or mid sized city does as well.

Keep us posted and look at the bight side of your re-location. I am sure you will love your years here.

Lots of people go around with chips on their shoulders and think the grass is always greener on the other side. Don't let them sour you on what Ar has to offer.

Nita

Old 05-19-2009, 12:49 PM

6 posts, read 13,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
At the risk of making some people angry, which I usually do. I moved to little Rock from big City USA. I was amazed at how many beautiful single women were there, and Fayetteville to a lesser degree. Fortunately for me, I married one of those beautiful women before I moved to Fort Smith.
I am of course generalizing, but there are slim pickings for a single man in Fort Smith, Arkansas. I equate single life in Fort Smith to getting to a yard sale on Sunday afternoon when it actually started on Friday morning...what ever is left...nobody wants, or the person puts way more value on what she is selling than anyone is willing to pay.

Generally speaking you will need to get to the yard sale first thing on Friday morning, which means you better start shopping while they are in high school, but here in Arkansas that would be illegal for a person of your age. Best bet look to Little rock. If you want a great single scene...Dallas, is the place that you want to be!
Thanks for the advice - I plan on going to Dallas every few months for a weekender, and Little Rock too - have a few friends in each of those cities. Maybe I should try a cattle auction instead of a yard sale.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:12 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
At the risk of making some people angry, which I usually do. I moved to little Rock from big City USA. I was amazed at how many beautiful single women were there, and Fayetteville to a lesser degree. Fortunately for me, I married one of those beautiful women before I moved to Fort Smith.
I am of course generalizing, but there are slim pickings for a single man in Fort Smith, Arkansas. I equate single life in Fort Smith to getting to a yard sale on Sunday afternoon when it actually started on Friday morning...what ever is left...nobody wants, or the person puts way more value on what she is selling than anyone is willing to pay.

Generally speaking you will need to get to the yard sale first thing on Friday morning, which means you better start shopping while they are in high school, but here in Arkansas that would be illegal for a person of your age. Best bet look to Little rock. If you want a great single scene...Dallas, is the place that you want to be!
I have had a similar experience in Little Rock since I moved here from Fort Smith a year and a half ago. Both places seem void of single life and people tend to be married by their early twenties. Memphis and Dallas seems to be where all the single action is. Around here, it's very unusual to arrive at 25 and still not be married. You say it was different for you?

Old 05-19-2009, 04:17 PM

465 posts, read 1,417,733 times
Well if your going to have a family and your thirty I think you might need to be getting started. You don't want to wait to long.
Sadly a lot of women around here are married by twenty and divorced with two kids by 25.
That being said it's not the ideal place to find a good woman but it can be done.

Last edited by Bail_Khan; 05-19-2009 at 04:59 PM..

Old 05-19-2009, 07:38 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Khan View Post
Well if your going to have a family and your thirty I think you might need to be getting started. You don't want to wait to long.
Sadly a lot of women around here are married by twenty and divorced with two kids by 25.
That being said it's not the ideal place to find a good woman but it can be done.
One of my friends from high school got married at 20 and was divorced less than a year later. The Southern culture forces these kids to get married at such a young age when they don't even realize what they are getting themselves into.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:52 AM

151 posts, read 713,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
...Southern culture forces these kids to get married at such a young age...
I figured that and explains why I do not see many singles on match.com in northern AR. Might have to rethink coming to the area unless I can hookup in over the border into Branson.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:12 PM

465 posts, read 1,417,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpicard View Post
I figured that and explains why I do not see many singles on match.com in northern AR. Might have to rethink coming to the area unless I can hookup in over the border into Branson.
I'm not quite sure what you are saying, maybe you could be a little clearer.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:08 PM

157 posts, read 518,027 times
You can't hop the arbitrary Missouri border and expect to find a different culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas