Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2020, 08:51 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,400,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welltraveledone View Post
I would like to throw my two cents in. It’s 2020 and I couldn’t agree more with all the negative things I’ve read about Arkansas. This entire state is beyond backwards. I’ve lived in almost every state and a handful of countries including plenty of time in the Middle East fighting wars. Without a doubt the Middle East is far more civilized than any part of Arkansas. Arkansas has garbage produce, morons still fly the confederate flag(or have it tattooed on them), terrible health care, tons of obesity, ZERO culture, people who think their run down Chevy Silverado is the best thing since sliced bread and an average IQ of a doorknob. This is the only state I’ve been in where Christmas shopping in a mall resulted in me stepping in a pile of human feces inside said mall. People here think stuffing steel wool in a hole in the floor is equivalent to fixing a hole in the floor. They would rather buy a new tractor than get rid of the 17 broken down cars on their property. My wife and I moved here 7 months ago to help care for her aging grandparents. It’s been 7 months too many. We refuse to let Arkansas doctors touch our newborn son. We drove back to Texas when she went into labor so he wouldn’t have the shame of being born in Arkansas. For the love of god people here don’t even get vaccinated regularly. Before you go saying all your cliche hillbilly sayings (don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya
Judge less, condemn less and maybe be a little more forgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2020, 06:48 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Notice Well traveled one is a first time poster and his story is so full of holes I am going to be the first one to say we have a TROLL among us. Just have to wonder where in AR he really lives,if he does? Where he got his misinformation such as vaccination information etc? We have lived all over, like I have said before and almost without reservation I can say, nothing or almost nothing he has posted is remotely factual. At least it makes for good reading and kinda funny as well. It is fun to have a good laugh in on a Monday morning.

Old 02-10-2020, 11:16 AM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,932 times
First I must say during my many years of driving trucks in North America i HATED to drive BIG RIGS in Arkansas. Lousy roads, crooked cops and judges etc. However, when I had a few days away from the truck I loved to hop on my Harley and head for Arkansas. The roads I hated in the truck were a blast on a motorcycle. Arkansas has some of the best rivers and lakes for fishing and water recreation in the United States. The people: You have to love a place that has someone for everyone, some really down to earth folks and a few jerks for flavoring.. I met several beautiful Women in Arkansas but the flip side, Hillary Clinton called Arkansas home for a few years. Mike Huckabee and Bill Clinton both served as Governors of Arkansas makes that point I think. Overall I would give Arkansas a nine out of ten for great places to live. BUT that will depend on YOU.

Old 02-10-2020, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post
First I must say during my many years of driving trucks in North America i HATED to drive BIG RIGS in Arkansas. Lousy roads, crooked cops and judges etc. However, when I had a few days away from the truck I loved to hop on my Harley and head for Arkansas. The roads I hated in the truck were a blast on a motorcycle. Arkansas has some of the best rivers and lakes for fishing and water recreation in the United States. The people: You have to love a place that has someone for everyone, some really down to earth folks and a few jerks for flavoring.. I met several beautiful Women in Arkansas but the flip side, Hillary Clinton called Arkansas home for a few years. Mike Huckabee and Bill Clinton both served as Governors of Arkansas makes that point I think. Overall I would give Arkansas a nine out of ten for great places to live. BUT that will depend on YOU.
Hay Huckabee is ok. Of course we didn't live here when he was governor. But have always really liked him.

Old 02-10-2020, 02:11 PM

4,530 posts, read 8,862,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hay Huckabee is ok. Of course we didn't live here when he was governor. But have always really liked him.
Huckabee is all right IMHO. I don't know either one of them personally but I think I would enjoy spending an afternoon fishing with either Bill or Mike. The difference between Huckabee and Bill is I admire Huckabee and I totally trust and respect him. Not so with Bill, although I am sure Bill C. is a very likeable guy.

But that is politics. Arkansas has many fantastic people and I know this because I have met many of them. And Arkansas itself is one of the most fantastic places in the country for beauty. I think maybe one reason Arkansas is at the lower end of the economic scale is because you don't NEED a lot of money when you are surrounded by such beauty and NICE people. Nebraska is that way also but don't tell anyone I told you. We try to keep it a secret because we don't want all those UNHAPPY folks from the left or right coasts moving here.

Old 02-10-2020, 02:18 PM

1,393 posts, read 1,400,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunluvver2 View Post

i can't argue with your first sentence (mostly because i understand where you are coming from), but i really appreciate with the rest of your statement, and thank you. (hillary is gone and pretty sure, not to return)

Old 02-10-2020, 02:33 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times
Quote:
He wasn't as bad as the Clintons, but he wasn't much of an improvement either. He was not a very good governor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welltraveledone View Post
I would like to throw my two cents in. It’s 2020 and I couldn’t agree more with all the negative things I’ve read about Arkansas. This entire state is beyond backwards. I’ve lived in almost every state and a handful of countries including plenty of time in the Middle East fighting wars. Without a doubt the Middle East is far more civilized than any part of Arkansas. Arkansas has garbage produce, morons still fly the confederate flag(or have it tattooed on them), terrible health care, tons of obesity, ZERO culture, people who think their run down Chevy Silverado is the best thing since sliced bread and an average IQ of a doorknob. This is the only state I’ve been in where Christmas shopping in a mall resulted in me stepping in a pile of human feces inside said mall. People here think stuffing steel wool in a hole in the floor is equivalent to fixing a hole in the floor. They would rather buy a new tractor than get rid of the 17 broken down cars on their property. My wife and I moved here 7 months ago to help care for her aging grandparents. It’s been 7 months too many. We refuse to let Arkansas doctors touch our newborn son. We drove back to Texas when she went into labor so he wouldn’t have the shame of being born in Arkansas. For the love of god people here don’t even get vaccinated regularly. Before you go saying all your cliche hillbilly sayings (don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya
I'm not doubting you. I've seen and known individuals like you describe. I'm going to say there are better parts of Arkansas and I'm sorry you didn't find that.

Old 02-10-2020, 02:43 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Quote:
That's good, because his daughter is going to be the next Governor of Arkansas. Mark it down.

Old 02-11-2020, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
That's good, because his daughter is going to be the next Governor of Arkansas. Mark it down.
I was going to say the same thing but decided to wait awhile and see if she really does run.

Old 02-11-2020, 07:39 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,443,642 times
Quote:
I was going to say the same thing but decided to wait awhile and see if she really does run.
Sounds like it's a given.......and she will win. I think she's a refreshingly brilliant, exceedingly brave lady who also projects a comforting charm in being very down to earth. The way she handled those sharks from the press corp and all the additional abuse heaved upon her (i.e. the restaurant incident in Virginia) during her time in D.C. was amazing. She's not afraid of anything or anyone and we already know the platform she will run on will be embraced by a majority in The Natural State.

Couple of good articles in correlation with the subject....

https://apnews.com/294eaa6119f546d98c57a5759566e1c3

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/24/u...-governor.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas