U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2009, 09:25 AM
 
3,201 posts, read 3,401,720 times
Reputation: 1025

Advertisements

Texarkana = Heaven & Hell. Paradise on the East Texas side to the west. Dante's Inferno east of Stateline Road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-15-2009, 02:21 PM
 
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
8 posts, read 22,743 times
Reputation: 14
Default Sorry to hear of bad experiences in Arkansas

I'm really sorry to hear of your bad experiences with ppl in Arkansas. I moved to the Bryant/Benton area in December and I've had only Good experiences with ppl I've met here.
I work in Little Rock and ppl at work have accepted me very well and made me feel right at home.
Please reply if you like and I'll try to help you feel more 'accepted'. I really am sorry you've had a bad experience since moving here. Mine has really been just the opposite.
Let me know please....Janel3151 on this site or janel3151@gmail.com

WELCOME TO ARKANSAS!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2009, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
73,653 posts, read 86,076,130 times
Reputation: 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by janel3151 View Post
I'm really sorry to hear of your bad experiences with ppl in Arkansas. I moved to the Bryant/Benton area in December and I've had only Good experiences with ppl I've met here.
I work in Little Rock and ppl at work have accepted me very well and made me feel right at home.
Please reply if you like and I'll try to help you feel more 'accepted'. I really am sorry you've had a bad experience since moving here. Mine has really been just the opposite.
Let me know please....Janel3151 on this site or janel3151@gmail.com

WELCOME TO ARKANSAS!!!
Jane, it sounds like you have found the same thing we have, friendly people, good living conditions, busy enough without the hussle/bussle of a huge city and beautiful scenery.

I am glad you like your area, we feel the same about where we live.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2009, 04:56 PM
 
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas
8 posts, read 22,743 times
Reputation: 14
Default Where in the world do you live near Bryant??

I'm not asking for your exact address of course...but I've lived in the Bryant/Benton area since December (moved here from GA) and work in Little Rock...My experience has been just the complete OPPOSITE of yours.
I've found the people in the area execeptionally friendly and the customer service at the hospital where I work is ranked #1 in the state.

Please let me know if you need more specifics on finding friendly people.
It really saddens me to hear you've had such a terrible experience here....when there are some really GREAT folks in the Bryant area.

Hope to hear from you soon!!
Janel3151
janelair31@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 11:23 AM
 
6 posts, read 13,416 times
Reputation: 10
Red face Re:

Hi~ We moved from Texas to Arkansas around 6 years ago, and may be moving back for financial reasons~ But I must say that Arkansas has been a really nice place to live (Heber Springs area) The people are down to earth, kind, friendly, and don't hesitate to help if they can. Of course you always have your not-so happy with life people, but aint that every where you go? I certainly have that "Texas pride" in me. I think if you were born and raised here it's embedded in your brain for some reason. But I would be lieing if I said that I would not miss Arkansas. It is a beautiful place to raise your kids, And the people are very friendly~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
73,653 posts, read 86,076,130 times
Reputation: 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by apeladay View Post
Hi~ We moved from Texas to Arkansas around 6 years ago, and may be moving back for financial reasons~ But I must say that Arkansas has been a really nice place to live (Heber Springs area) The people are down to earth, kind, friendly, and don't hesitate to help if they can. Of course you always have your not-so happy with life people, but aint that every where you go? I certainly have that "Texas pride" in me. I think if you were born and raised here it's embedded in your brain for some reason. But I would be lieing if I said that I would not miss Arkansas. It is a beautiful place to raise your kids, And the people are very friendly~
I am so glad you have enjoyed living in Arkansas, we have lived in several different states in our many years. Every place has great features and yes, everyplace has challenges. For those who see only the negative my heart goes out to them. Life is too short to dwell on the less positives things.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 05:34 PM
 
32,602 posts, read 18,062,697 times
Reputation: 35297
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
This poor guy has been at it since the week after he moved here. I guess he thinks if he vents long enough he will 1-feel better or 2-convince someone how bad life is in the natural state.

Nita
We get the same types of threads every once in a while in the okie threads. They are basically unhappy people! And more often than not, believe they are better than the locals, more worldly, more educated, and have seen the world, etc.

Now they are stuck in their respective areas because a) the job b) finances or some other reason.

IMO, it's perfectly fine to detest an area or state, but it is not fine to malign the entire state as unfriendly, uncouth, etc. Because there are many many good salt-of-the-earth people in each state that these unhappy people have never met.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-11-2009, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
73,653 posts, read 86,076,130 times
Reputation: 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
We get the same types of threads every once in a while in the okie threads. They are basically unhappy people! And more often than not, believe they are better than the locals, more worldly, more educated, and have seen the world, etc.

Now they are stuck in their respective areas because a) the job b) finances or some other reason.

IMO, it's perfectly fine to detest an area or state, but it is not fine to malign the entire state as unfriendly, uncouth, etc. Because there are many many good salt-of-the-earth people in each state that these unhappy people have never met.
Redbird,

Where do you live in Ok? I ask because our choice, when we decided to re-locate was to move to either, NWA or NEO, we were looking at Grove..our granddaughter and her husband live in OKC. They moved there when she graduated from Colo State University and was offered a job in OK. At first they hated it, couldn't wait to eventually move to Dallas or someplace like that: well, she is now getting another degree (nursing) she graduates Aug 1st and her husband will get his BA for OU in Dec of 2010. They are praying he can get a good job in either OKC or Tulsa, cause the love OK.

by the way, I have seen your positngs on the OK board, but I haven't been there for a long time.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2009, 01:42 AM
 
138 posts, read 366,451 times
Reputation: 77
Nita, do you troll all the city-data states or just AR and TX. I could have sworn that I have seen you post on the El Paso board as well as Austin and Dallas. I get around quite a few of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2009, 07:36 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
73,653 posts, read 86,076,130 times
Reputation: 44033
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncronejr View Post
Nita, do you troll all the city-data states or just AR and TX. I could have sworn that I have seen you post on the El Paso board as well as Austin and Dallas. I get around quite a few of them.
golly, I don't think it is trolling but call it what you want. I am not sure I have ever responsded to El Paso, but maybe once or twice: You can find me on this board, of course, Texas, yes, we lived there for 13 years, Calif, I was born and raised there and we visit once or twice a year and NM, we lived there 7 years, before we settled on AR. Once in a blue moon I will pick up on a subject that interests me on some other City-date board, usually it is a political subject..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top