Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:10 AM
pau

45 posts, read 120,267 times

Advertisements

Arkansas rates very high in my opinion. I am not a hugely outgoing person in terms of having to do something outside my house 2 or more times a week. However, I am an artist and we need our solitude. Also, there are some fantastic artists in this state. I compare these artists to artists in California and Texas and these painters are excellent. I have taken many workshops from while in California from California artists. I only took workshops from the very best. I have been around artists, studied famous works of art, studied in California and Texas. So, I am very proud to be associated with such level of excellence and artists in Conway.

I would rather be with rednecks than be over run with different cultures. Eventually, it could get like any other over run state. I thinks it wrong and we loose sight of who we are, where we came from and what we stand for.

So, everyone of your points are POSITIVE in my opinion.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:12 AM

938 posts, read 3,491,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pau View Post
From the CDC web report in 2007

Arkansas 28.7 is not the highest. It shows Mississippi 32.0 as the highest.

Unless the figures have dramatically changed Arkansas is not the highest.

Obesity and Overweight: Trends: U.S. Obesity Trends | DNPAO | CDC

Alabama 30.3
Tennessee 30.1
and plenty more rate higher than Arkansas.
Wow...that animated map is just plain disturbing to watch. We are a nation that is slowly eating ourselves into early graves.

Although to the OP, why does the obesity of Arkansas bother you? How can another person who is overweight negatively affect your own life?

Old 05-24-2009, 10:48 AM

837 posts, read 2,239,877 times
bchris, I've told you before, you're hanging out with the wrong people in the wrong part of town. I wouldn't want to live in the city that you describe, either. fortunately for me, I don't.

but you'd clearly rather complain than try to find the things you are looking for. and I promise you, they ARE out there.

all I can say is, your loss.

Old 05-24-2009, 10:53 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,045,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Well I am working on a job transfer so I can move somewhere that is living in the 21st century. I only have one life to live, and I am tired of pissing it away in this boring hellhole.

Sounds like you need to move to one of the big cities. You need some real excitement. Like the gangs shooting each other and innocent bystanders. But don't worry you can get all the drugs from them anyone would ever need. If that's what you're looking for. Maybe you could go to work for one of the big corporations, full of greed, corruption and tail kissers galore. Oh, and are you looking for perversion? Well, they have everything you could want or imagine. But don't forget the road rage from sitting in traffic for hours, the occasional police chase, or the continual noise and pollution. You get the most beautiful, red sunsets from the smog. Yep, you better hurry! You're gonna miss it

Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,471,068 times
What the OP stated is every town in the deep south.

Really, it's every town in the south, excluding Miami, Atlanta, Houston and Dallas

Old 05-24-2009, 11:09 AM

938 posts, read 3,491,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
Sounds like you need to move to one of the big cities. You need some real excitement. Like the gangs shooting each other and innocent bystanders. But don't worry you can get all the drugs from them anyone would ever need. If that's what you're looking for. Maybe you could go to work for one of the big corporations, full of greed, corruption and tail kissers galore. Oh, and are you looking for perversion? Well, they have everything you could want or imagine. But don't forget the road rage from sitting in traffic for hours, the occasional police chase, or the continual noise and pollution. You get the most beautiful, red sunsets from the smog. Yep, you better hurry! You're gonna miss it
I've lived in a couple cities by now, and believe me, they aren't that bad. Also, if you think drugs, greed, and perversion aren't found in places like Toad Suck, Arkansas along with lets say Chicago, you are very wrong. Bad things and bad people exist everywhere. I've ran into them in the cities and small towns I've lived in.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:12 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,045,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OA 5599 View Post
I've lived in a couple cities by now, and believe me, they aren't that bad. Also, if you think drugs, greed, and perversion aren't found in places like Toad Suck, Arkansas along with lets say Chicago, you are very wrong. Bad things and bad people exist everywhere. I've ran into them in the cities and small towns I've lived in.

That's my point. There's nothing special about the cities. Everything is for man and made by man. If that's what you want, then go for it.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:14 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,842,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
That said, I know most people here are just going to say "if you don't like it, then you can leave". Well I am working on a job transfer so I can move somewhere that is living in the 21st century. I only have one life to live, and I am tired of pissing it away in this boring hellhole.
You'll find the more you travel and live. Any place can be heaven or hell, regardless of your locale.

I recommend an extended road trip across America.

The beaches and girls in Uruguay are also nice

Old 05-24-2009, 11:19 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,128,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
What the OP stated is every town in the deep south.

Really, it's every town in the south, excluding Miami, Atlanta, Houston and Dallas
Moderator cut: post referred to was deleted how many cities in the south have you lived in? If you live here or have lived here that is one thing, if this is your opinion based on some **** and bull crap that is another. I feel just like her and just lik Pau, certainly I am far from a bible belt thumper..Some of us just like the life we lead, rednecks, blue grass music and the rest.

Since moving here a year ago, we have found almost everything we want or need: we have good medical facilities (hospitals) with in about 20 minute of so from our house, good police and fire protection, shopping, upscale as well as basic, restaurants, lots of people who happen to play bridge which is one of my passions, people interested in politics, both conservative and liberal, concerts, both country and others, 4 seassons with none being too drastic and yes, lots of churches for those who want to attend and be active.

We have neighborhood get togethers without it being overdone, for those who enjoy golf or fishing we have that, 2 major newspapers, one liberal, one conservative thus we get a cross section of views, and both community college and university.

No we can't buy booze in our county, but we can go to either of the surrounding counties and get it, and we can always have a drink in the restaurants. No, we do not have top entertainers coming to NWA very often (once in awhile) how many of us really depend on top entertainment to keep us happy anyway?
What else do we not have? We don't have much crime, we don't have a high cost of living, we don't have much traffic back up (some, yes)

For those who love the big city life, good for you, but don't put down our life style. What makes yours right and ours wrong???

Nita

Last edited by leorah; 05-27-2009 at 07:32 AM..

Old 05-24-2009, 11:20 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,182,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandgirl View Post
You seriously think there are no gangs and drugs in LR? You must then know very little about the town in your home state...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas