Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 11:31 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post
And all the "supper clubs" in the dry ones!
yep, the secret to that: the word "club"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 08:00 AM

4 posts, read 5,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arp View Post
Live here long enough and you'll have a color coded wet/dry map in your glove compartment.

Maybe it is just me..
I actually found one of those color coded maps you're talking about right after my original post so the question was redundant to ask. I have it in my apartment right now so I definitely wouldn't leave home without it

Old 06-24-2009, 03:36 PM

5 posts, read 14,482 times
Can you believe that in this day and age there are still such insane laws.. Do they think that every person in that county will refrain from the "demon drink"???

Old 06-25-2009, 02:24 PM

165 posts, read 548,290 times
Marion is wet now, but that's nowhere near Perryville. At least you're kind of close to LR there, I guess...

Old 06-25-2009, 03:47 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong328 View Post
Can you believe that in this day and age there are still such insane laws.. Do they think that every person in that county will refrain from the "demon drink"???
yep, it makes little sense but there are still places all over the country that are dry and others that do not allow liqour on Sundays.

NIta

Old 12-01-2010, 03:30 PM

4 posts, read 5,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong328 View Post
Yeah, I remember encountering that problem after I left the Hot Springs Village tour thing they advertise on tv and was back home in CT. I forgot where I found out about this dry county thing. I never heard of it before when I lived up north. I figured this is america and alcohol is legal everywhere. I figure it's mostly the religious influence down here. Remember: we are in the middle of the bible belt. I said to hell with Perryville and found a house in the city to buy where i'm a stones throw from a damn beer if I want one or two........cases

Old 12-01-2010, 04:39 PM

731 posts, read 1,367,152 times
I was in Wisconsin a few years back and went to a store for just one beer. The clerk told me in Wisconsin you had to buy at least a six pack. I guess Wisconsin has the German influence of heavy beer intake.

What do you think of Diamond Bear Beer there in Little Rock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Yankee85 View Post
Yeah, I remember encountering that problem after I left the Hot Springs Village tour thing they advertise on tv and was back home in CT. I forgot where I found out about this dry county thing. I never heard of it before when I lived up north. I figured this is america and alcohol is legal everywhere. I figure it's mostly the religious influence down here. Remember: we are in the middle of the bible belt. I said to hell with Perryville and found a house in the city to buy where i'm a stones throw from a damn beer if I want one or two........cases

Old 12-01-2010, 07:01 PM

837 posts, read 2,248,257 times
well, in Pennyslvania you have to buy at least a case. unless it's at a bar.

I remember wandering the streets of Philadelphia very confused. we couldn't believe it when we went into a bar and they actually sold us a six-pack to go!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:46 PM

697 posts, read 1,774,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenoter View Post
I was in Wisconsin a few years back and went to a store for just one beer. The clerk told me in Wisconsin you had to buy at least a six pack. I guess Wisconsin has the German influence of heavy beer intake.

What do you think of Diamond Bear Beer there in Little Rock?
I love Diamond Bear. What's funny is I've always lived in wet counties in Arkansas and never even thought about there still being dry counties. I about fell out of my seat when I'd been in Fayetteville for a few months and found out that Benton county, a pretty heavily populated county with all kinds of people living there, was a dry county. (It may very well be the wettest dry county in the state, but why it's still dry baffles me.)

Old 12-03-2010, 07:46 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Yankee85 View Post
I will most certainly assure you that counties that are dry in this day and age are that way not because of religion, but politics and money.

It can be thinly disguised as being brought on by 'bible thumpers', but trace the funding, which is not hard, and who is spearheading one side or another and why, and you'll see.

Say you live in a subdivision that does not have water, and you've got a "water store" in the subdivision where everybody goes. You are it.

Now, some rocket scientist comes in, and says, "Hey, why don't we run water to everybody's house"?

Yeah, watch out for that abandoned well hole, slick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas