Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 10:41 PM

4 posts, read 5,439 times

Advertisements

Little Rock is cheaper and smaller than Memphis. Over all I think AR is better than TN but I’m comparing Little Rock to Memphis. Idk about any other cities in the two states because I’ve never lived there only Little Rock 3 yrs and Memphis4 yrs! I think the medical facilities are better in Little Rock than Memphis and the attitudes of people in LR seem nicer than Memphis! My rent was cheaper in LR compared to Memphis and I was in a better part of town! The school district in Memphis is crap compared to the LR or NLR school districts taxes are definitely higher in TN than Arkansas. And TN has a auto inspection and Arkansas doesn’t!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 05:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorjosh View Post
Little Rock is cheaper and smaller than Memphis. Over all I think AR is better than TN but I’m comparing Little Rock to Memphis. Idk about any other cities in the two states because I’ve never lived there only Little Rock 3 yrs and Memphis4 yrs! I think the medical facilities are better in Little Rock than Memphis and the attitudes of people in LR seem nicer than Memphis! My rent was cheaper in LR compared to Memphis and I was in a better part of town! The school district in Memphis is crap compared to the LR or NLR school districts taxes are definitely higher in TN than Arkansas. And TN has a auto inspection and Arkansas doesn’t!
I see you are new to CD, you may want to check the dates some of the posts are created. Nothing wrong with posting but when a post i 10 years old it seems a little outdated to be giving information when it is pretty obvious the poster is long gone.

Old 09-15-2019, 01:41 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,845,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I see you are new to CD, you may want to check the dates some of the posts are created. Nothing wrong with posting but when a post i 10 years old it seems a little outdated to be giving information when it is pretty obvious the poster is long gone.

I really need to get over your way and explore. I love the Ozarks and I've been to Fayetteville, Bentonville, and Devil's Den State Park; However, I have never been to Bella Vista. I'm guessing it has expanded like crazy and now it's a busy city.

Old 09-17-2019, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quert View Post
I really need to get over your way and explore. I love the Ozarks and I've been to Fayetteville, Bentonville, and Devil's Den State Park; However, I have never been to Bella Vista. I'm guessing it has expanded like crazy and now it's a busy city.
Thanks, no we haven't expanded that much but we are growing. The only downside is: we still don't have enough business here. We keep hoping for a hotel, a car wash, a few more places to dine, but we know these things take time.

Old 09-17-2019, 07:10 PM

62,885 posts, read 29,114,800 times
Is the humidity very high in AR? Lots of bugs in the summertime?

Old 09-18-2019, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It depends on where you are coming from: Yes we have humidity and if anyone is coming from the Rocky mountain area or the left pacific coast they will feel it: if coming from places like Texas, Fl or anywhere in the south or mid Atlantic it will seem like nothing. I know a lot of people here who have moved from the upper midwest and they seem to handle it pretty well. We lived in Dallas 13 years, hated the summers. Here we handle it pretty well. As for bugs, no more than anywhere else we have lived. Probably the worst are the damn (I cant see you) chiggers. Hubby is highly sensitive to them and has to remember to spray himself every time he is going to be outside for more than a couple of minutes during the summer. As for me, they don't seem to like the taste of my skin. I have yet to be bothered and this is our 12th summer here.

Old 09-18-2019, 03:45 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,751,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If you’re from the west, it will seem very humid and very buggy. If you’re from the east, it will be about average.
If you’re from any kind of northern climate, you’ll notice the heat pretty quick.
There is a slight difference between southern/ eastern Arkansas and places deep in the Ozarks. Not much, but some people notice a difference. It’s all about the same to me and I’ve lived in both.
Anyway, people either adapt or they don’t. Half the battle is mental.

Old 09-19-2019, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
If you’re from the west, it will seem very humid and very buggy. If you’re from the east, it will be about average.
If you’re from any kind of northern climate, you’ll notice the heat pretty quick.
There is a slight difference between southern/ eastern Arkansas and places deep in the Ozarks. Not much, but some people notice a difference. It’s all about the same to me and I’ve lived in both.
Anyway, people either adapt or they don’t. Half the battle is mental.
Humid, yes: buggy, I am guessing you have never lived in the west. Most people have no idea how many crawling creatures than love the west. Believe me, I have lived in more than one western city.

Old 09-20-2019, 04:32 AM

4,598 posts, read 6,354,969 times
"Is the humidity very high in AR?" An internet search for this information will give you data, not subjective opinions.
Moving from CA to AR, I found the humidity oppressive, and after 40 years in the south, nothing has changed....but that's just me. Others will tolerate it differently, just like cold weather. Current humidity map.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 09-20-2019, 04:43 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,751,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Humid, yes: buggy, I am guessing you have never lived in the west. Most people have no idea how many crawling creatures than love the west. Believe me, I have lived in more than one western city.
I lived out west for about a year. I often go on vacation out there.
I’m well aware of the insects. My point was just one of comparison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas