Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 06:13 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,354,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenni-b View Post
actually, Little Rock's first hostel should be opening soon, with hopefully more to follow!

The Firehouse Hostel : Little Rock, Arkansas : Welcome!
jenni-b, where is it setting. I can almost "see" it but I'm not sure. Maybe across 9th Street? Many, many years ago I lived in the first block north of 9th, on Ferry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 11:42 AM

837 posts, read 2,243,158 times
it's on Commerce, between 9th and I-630, next to the Arts Center. the big pond is behind it, and the kind of highrise apartment building across the street.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
it's on Commerce, between 9th and I-630, next to the Arts Center. the big pond is behind it, and the kind of highrise apartment building across the street.
Thanks jenni-b, the next time I'm over there I'll take a "look-see". While living on Ferry I was in school at the old medical school, and girl, that place was a rat trap, but, we had world class doctors and support staff. I helped move into the new med school/hospital building which is now UAMS. Ouch! Has it really been that long!?

Old 01-30-2010, 07:56 PM

where was the old medical school? is it the building that's now pretty much abandoned on Roosevelt?

Old 02-07-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
where was the old medical school? is it the building that's now pretty much abandoned on Roosevelt?
The "abandoned" high rise building on Roosevelt Road was the "New" V.A. Hospital when it opened in 1950/51. It was replaced by the one now on the U of A Medical Center campus.

Is there still a "yellow" brick high rise building between the MacArthur Park property and I-30? If so, that was the U of A Medical School and the associated U of A Hospital was joining it on the north side. The hospital was torn down long ago. I helped move from that hospital to the present UAMS in 1955/56. Oh my! Has it been that long?!?!?!?!?!

Old 02-07-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I drove by there this afternoon and tonight checked the Web site. That's gonna be a great place and something L.R. needs. I sure hope it is only the beginning of something special.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Is there still a "yellow" brick high rise building between the MacArthur Park property and I-30? If so, that was the U of A Medical School and the associated U of A Hospital was joining it on the north side. The hospital was torn down long ago. I helped move from that hospital to the present UAMS in 1955/56. Oh my! Has it been that long?!?!?!?!?!
yes, that's the Law School now.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
yes, that's the Law School now.
Yep, that's it.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:00 PM

75 posts, read 100,899 times
Cool Crater of Diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elodiedns View Post
Hello,
Can you help me? I'm French and coming to Little Rock between February 6th and 26th. I definitely want to spend time in the Crater of Diamonds, Murfreesboro (and if possible, getting to speak to passionated people that come regularly, have equipment for the gems hunting) and see the neighboorhood, for a personnal novel-project.
In case you haven't seen this...here is some info.

Crater of Diamonds State Park craterofdiamondsstatepark.com

Quote:
Crater of Diamonds State Park Campground Closed While Undergoing Complete Renovation
This notice may be outdated. Beyond that, even if the campground is closed
doesn't mean the park is closed to other activities, but good to check...

Hope to go myself, one of these days...Rkin

Last edited by Rkin-saw; 02-19-2010 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: Clarify

Old 02-20-2010, 01:58 PM

Default Ladies traveling - need local information

The Crater is open for hunting diamonds. The campground is closed, the souvenir shop is temporarily in a different room, the cafe is closed as usual in the winter, so go for it. It is worth the trip. People watching though is the most fun 'cause everyone is expecting to find the "Queen of Arkansas" diamond.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas