Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:43 PM

3 posts, read 17,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlbob View Post
I'm sorry, I can't help it. I think the above post speaks volumes as to your question about the school system in the West Memphis/Marion area.
I was thinking the same thing Pearlbob .. so that's a ditto from me

Old 09-14-2007, 11:33 AM

2 posts, read 5,246 times
Oh yes it is true!!!!!111

Old 07-10-2008, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,603 times
Chicago! Why are you moving to here?lol! Just tripping. I just moved here from Michigan and I love it. Schools are good not great. Plus eveyone that told me they were great... never lived outside the state and were limited to compare schools. Coming from Michigan I found that some of the schools I thought were bad in Michigan were actually good. I love the community though. People are more friendly and direct, Entertainmnet ...you will have to go to Memphis or Mississippi, but over all it is a better environment to raise kids. West- Memphis? I only shop there and I would not live there. Marion is the best place between the two, but West-Memphis is more established.

Last edited by onesuperironman; 07-10-2008 at 03:45 PM..

Old 12-20-2008, 12:29 AM

1 posts, read 2,376 times
this goes to blackrose

i was born and raised in west memphis Moderator cut: removed inappropriate comments Memphis Tn is just spreading over the state line. this would not be the right community for raising children in my opinion. and as far as the schools go i graduated marion high school and it is also not a good area for children. each year in this town the kids are being exposed to drugs, violence . . . ect. at earlier ages. i have a little brother going to marion right now hes in the 7th grade and he hates it. he use to be such a sweet person and love school but now he just stays so upset all the time because of the other kids he goes to school with harassing him. and what makes it even worst the teaches will not do anything about it, and that is the exact reason kid end up bringing guns to school and shooting their classmates.

some people may be offended by what im saying but its the cold hard truth.

Last edited by leorah; 12-20-2008 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: removed inappropriate comments

Old 05-14-2009, 10:46 PM

2 posts, read 5,147 times
Default Does West Memphis Suck?

West Memphis. No reason to stop and visit at all. There are some nice houses. It is a bedroom community outside of Memphis with two bridges and a big river seperating the two. The highway corridor that goes in front of WM is one of the biggest drug trafficing roadways in the U.S. as a consequence the police of all kinds are out there hot and very heavy.
Another consequence of this is if you stop anywhere and the law talks to you you better watch out they will put you in jail for nothing. In the grocery stores like two they have called Big Star there will be a man with a jacket that says police on it in big letters and he is dressed like he is ready for war... the whole relalia. Now the community is proud to have people dressed for war that carry guns. Maybe the reason the community is like that is because there a lot of murders and crime in that small area.
The only way a person can feel good there is if they are one of the ones
with a house good job and good vehicles and better yet be on the west side where most white people live. West Memphis is a very seedy place,
dirty, crime ridden, more cops than citizens roam the streets. Yet still dirty and frightening. You would probably be safer living in south central
los angeles. As far as Marion goes the police are very bad there too.
What ever you do be careful what you do with your kids never ever leave them in a car. Be very careful. It is a frightening area and I am glad I don't live there. Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas