Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 02:16 PM

11 posts, read 39,375 times

Advertisements

I am 25 yrs old and thinking of moving to arkansas. I dont want to live in a big city. I am looking for a house with approximately 1700 sq feet in a good neighborhood with very little crime (i know you cant get away from crime totally). I also want a place in a suburb with no more than a 25 minute drive to the city if for some reason have to go there. I am looking around Little rock, I have also been looking on the internet around Fort Smith. Again not looking to move to the city of fort smith or little rock, but in a nice quiet suburb with no more than a 25 minute drive to which ever city i choose. If anyone lives in a suburb about 25 minutes or closer of either little rock or fort smith and can tell me some neighborhoods to check out. I would greatly appreciate it. I am not looking to spend no more than $200,00.00. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2007, 09:40 AM

288 posts, read 1,079,085 times
Conway is NW of Little Rock, lots of college-age / young adults. Also, Benton/Bryant SW of Little Rock.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:59 PM

2 posts, read 23,392 times
Might check Eureka Springs too. Close to Fayetteville, NW AR but small town with lots of music and culture too.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:03 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
If you are bent on being near Little Rock, why not consider Scott or England? Little Rock has yet to overtake that area....also, west out Hwy. 10is Bigelow and a couple of other small communities. For $200K in any of those locales you could have an impressive homestead.

Little Rock is moving west rapidly and is geared to newer "big end" money...but remember that commuting into Little Rock to work is going to be a hassle...The freeway and Hwy. 10 really weren't built for all of the congestion and growth the city has seen in the last number of years.

Cabot is also a great choice, about 30 min. NE of Little Rock......but it has grown so quickly that it's really just an offshoot of Jacksonville now, which is just an offshoot of North Little Rock, which is an offshoot of Little Rock - well, you get the picture.

Are you retiring here or seeking employment? Perhaps that could help you make your decision?

Old 05-08-2007, 08:23 PM

1 posts, read 13,791 times
Prairie Grove is a smaller town about 15 minutes from Fayetteville in Northwest Arkansas. The people are very nice, the crime rate seems to be very low, and housing is in your price range. It has a small town feel to it, but is also very convenient to everything Fayetteville (and all of Northwest Arkansas) has to offer.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:17 PM

11 posts, read 45,532 times
I'm from Benton and it's right outside of litte rock it's a small town but it is very convient. The crime rate is very very low. I would recommend my hometown to anyone. It is in a wet county but like I said it's literally right down the street from Little Rock. Friday nights is when the town gets together and supposts the PANTHERS football team!!!!!! If you have any questions just ask

Old 05-10-2007, 10:43 AM

10 posts, read 45,925 times
There are many nice small towns near Fort Smith...try searching Greenwood, Lavaca, Alma, Van Buren, Charleston. All are nice towns on their own but close to the amenities of Fort Smith, which has one nice mall, and what seems like an endless supply of restaurants and banks. The housing prices are a bit higher in FS than in neighboring towns, but you could buy a really classy home for less than $200,00. Check out realty.com to see some of the available homes, you will probably want to be in the 72908 area code, a lot of north FS is older and run-down, mid-south has some nice older homes, but the really new ones are in the southernmost section of the city. Write again and let us know what you decide.....you will be most welcome here.

Old 05-10-2007, 11:18 AM

157 posts, read 854,268 times
Little Rock is a slum, but if you move there, Conway would be a good choice since it has several colleges in town (though it's about 40 minutes away).
There's not much in Ft. Smith though it's a nicer, smaller town. Van Buren is nearby. I'd also think NW, Rogers/Fayetteville area. Lots of money and expansion and business heading that way.

Good luck.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:55 PM

2 posts, read 21,685 times
Check out Hot Springs Village. We vacation there at least once or twice a year. I believe the crime rate is very low. It's just a beautiful place to go. It has several lakes and golf courses right there in the village. I'm sure people who live there could tell you more.

Old 06-03-2007, 04:49 PM

1 posts, read 13,436 times
Default Thinking of moving to Benton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENVME921 View Post
I'm from Benton and it's right outside of litte rock it's a small town but it is very convient. The crime rate is very very low. I would recommend my hometown to anyone. It is in a wet county but like I said it's literally right down the street from Little Rock. Friday nights is when the town gets together and supposts the PANTHERS football team!!!!!! If you have any questions just ask
My wife and I have been looking into small towns outside of Little Rock to relocate to. we are from New Jersey and have a 15 year old son. We are looking for a friendly town with a drug free school system. This is important to us and the main reason we are leaving Northern New Jersey,(Crime, drugs, minority gangs ect.) I am a mens Barber by trade and would like to work in the town I live in. My wife is a elementary school teacher and would like to work in her chosen field also. I had heard that there is a crystal Meth problem in the little rock area, and this concerns us, because of our 15 year old son. I was told that being we are "Yankees" It would be better to put our son in a private school. Is this true? He wants to go to a public school and bucks at the idea of a private one. We already checked out Hot Springs Village, it was beautiful but there were too many retired people. I would appriciate any and all info given. Thank you. Vito
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas