Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2019, 08:41 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,400,038 times

Advertisements

Yes, that is it. One of my buddies said last week, “she has a buffet from here to the 1/16 pole.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2019, 05:45 AM

490 posts, read 1,265,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
BTO ... That's great news about the east side Grocery store. Is this the one in the Estes Center, or outside in the old Cranfords building?
Estes Center, I have not heard of a grocery outside the gate yet, only the center being built that will house Health Mart 2.

Old 04-20-2019, 05:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adanish View Post
BTOverdrive, we finally made it to HSV and we did indeed end up on the East Side, so that makes us neighbors! We love the place we found and we're unpacking as I type this.

We are so pleased with our choice to retire here. Everyone has different ideas about what their personal haven looks like, but this fits our concept quite nicely. The fact that it's dark and you can see the stars, it feels private and isolated if you choose the right lot, we're surrounded by trees and wildlife, good services and great food are all around us - some within a five minute drive and some within a 30 minute drive - we don't consider that an inconvenience at all, especially with such beautiful drives! As long as I can get any sort of decent internet connection, I'm good - I do most of my shopping online and have done so for years, so Amazon at 1 a.m. in my jammies is ideal at any speed.

The people we've met in our brief time here have been extraordinarily friendly and helpful. If someone is used to the walkability of city life, having a universe of diverse shopping and dining options within a few blocks of their home and the conveniences of public transit and 24/7 services, you should not consider moving to Hot Springs Village or any similar community. If those attributes have little value for you and you're looking for a slower, lovely and natural environment and want to experience a somewhat more graceful, laid back way of life, there's much to love about Hot Springs Village.
Enjoy your new life and I am sure HSV will be all you need to help you find total happiness. The community was developed by the same company that developed our village (city) Bella Vista and although we know nothing is perfect we love living here in BV. We did look into both communities and decided for us, BV was a better fit, but we know either one has more pros than cons. The wonderful part of either community or one of the wonderful parts is: the friendly people and the feeling of being close to nature. As for shopping on line, we do the same. We are a bit closer to conveniences than you but all the same; on line is our friend, so we don't need the busy urban life.. Enjoy your years and look at the positive side of life: looks like you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas