Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 10:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANNU View Post
The kicker is the biggest weak spot on the team at the moment. I cringe every time he goes near the ball. And the officials at the game should be handed down indictments as at least 2 of their calls were criminal. I did not realize that all you have to do to get a call for pass interference if you are a receiver is to ask the official for the call, and the flag will be thrown.
It was exceptionally bad because the 2 most questionable calls came in the last quarter..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 05:42 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Let's see how they do vs. Ole Miss next Saturday. In the past one of Arkansas' problems has been that they'd play well against the top teams only to play poorly against a mid-level SEC opponent.

Old 10-18-2009, 06:13 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Let's see how they do vs. Ole Miss next Saturday. In the past one of Arkansas' problems has been that they'd play well against the top teams only to play poorly against a mid-level SEC opponent.
Well, in the past we had Houston Nutt for a coach, who is now Ole Miss' coach (Thank God).

Petrino doesn't have his teams live and die off of emotion; He is more interested in skill and preparation.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:50 PM

138 posts, read 409,875 times
I was happy to see how well the defense played on Saturday. Honestly, I didn't dream that we would be within 3 points at the end of the game.

While I do realize that those bad calls made a huge difference at the end of the game, I also realize that had Mallett not thrown bad passes on two occasions I can remember and had Childs not dropped two passes that hit him in the hands....If the Hogs had a kicker like Carmona who kicks for UCA and is perfect on field goals...those bad calls would have been a moot point.

I guess as long as we are talking "if's"....if Florida had not uncharacteristically fumbled the ball 4 times, it may have also been a moot point on the calls.

Bad calls happen....We will have them go in our favor from time to time. The thing I hate is that if the refs are reprimanded as one poster mentioned of the GA-LSU game....what does it really do? They won't change the outcome of the game, they won't forfeit Floridas win.....kind of ridiculous if you ask me...refs basically are above it all unless the commission puts some real bite to the reprimand.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:23 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Arkansas really has some great fans. Reading this thread and talking to people that I know here, it seems amazing that fans can take some victory out of a loss. As far as I know, the team has never won the SEC, but every year people are talking about next year. The fact is that is it going to be very difficult for Arkansas to ever win the SEC because they have a smaller recruitment pool than the other schools.
It was a good idea to play in Dallas this year and to play well in Florida. That should help their recruitment class.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:53 AM

776 posts, read 1,275,130 times
Hogs played a heck of a good game. Too bad the refs handed it to the Gayturds.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncronejr View Post
I was happy to see how well the defense played on Saturday. Honestly, I didn't dream that we would be within 3 points at the end of the game.

While I do realize that those bad calls made a huge difference at the end of the game, I also realize that had Mallett not thrown bad passes on two occasions I can remember and had Childs not dropped two passes that hit him in the hands....If the Hogs had a kicker like Carmona who kicks for UCA and is perfect on field goals...those bad calls would have been a moot point.

I guess as long as we are talking "if's"....if Florida had not uncharacteristically fumbled the ball 4 times, it may have also been a moot point on the calls.

Bad calls happen....We will have them go in our favor from time to time. The thing I hate is that if the refs are reprimanded as one poster mentioned of the GA-LSU game....what does it really do? They won't change the outcome of the game, they won't forfeit Floridas win.....kind of ridiculous if you ask me...refs basically are above it all unless the commission puts some real bite to the reprimand.
There are always IFs and always bad plays, I don't care what game, but bad referering (spelling?) is a shame, especially when it was that bad.

Nita

Old 10-19-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Arkansas really has some great fans. Reading this thread and talking to people that I know here, it seems amazing that fans can take some victory out of a loss. As far as I know, the team has never won the SEC, but every year people are talking about next year. The fact is that is it going to be very difficult for Arkansas to ever win the SEC because they have a smaller recruitment pool than the other schools.
It was a good idea to play in Dallas this year and to play well in Florida. That should help their recruitment class.
It doesn't make any difference what school it is, all fans would make a victory out of almost beating the number 1 team in the nation when you are not ranked anywhere. By the way, AR has put up some pretty good teams in years past!!!!

Nita

Old 10-19-2009, 04:10 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,357,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Wrong. Arkansas recruits nationwide and can compete with almost anybody at this point. Our sophomores and freshmen are just as good as anyone's. Now that Nutt is gone, the possibilities are endless.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:02 PM

163 posts, read 616,543 times
Officials have admitted at least one mistake during the game:
SEC officials admit mistake during Arkansas-Florida game - USATODAY.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas