Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2007, 10:28 PM

1 posts, read 8,276 times

Advertisements

Do to change in my husbands job, my family and I are moving to Mississippi County, Arkansas from Mississippi (state). He has been offered a very good position with a company there. We have already been for a weekend to visit and are very aware of the type of area we will be going into. We need to stay close to Blytheville but are definite we don't want to live within Blytheville. We do like some of the small towns on the outskirts with the very small schools (Gosnell and Armorel). I grew up in a small town and having three school age children, the school system is very important. We need to know how to locate good rental properties in these areas or get info on surrounding areas with really good school systems and rentals. We currently own our home in MS and are going to rent it out. We would like to rent in Arkansas until I finish with school myself and are more comfortable with the areas. I am not having much luck with all the papers I bought or the internet rental sites available. Another factor I need to consider is my own schooling. I am in a Community College here and due to start an Associate Degree nursing program at the beginning of the year. I need to know how competative the programs are there, as well as the average wait time for entrance into a program. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-16-2007, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 8,216 times
I grew up in mississippi county ar. Dyess/Osceola. My husband and live in Des Moines, Ia. now were my husband was raised. We are also planning to move back to Mississippi County in the near future, with in the next month. We are also having trouble finding things online. We are looking in the Gosnell area. I hear the schools are great for the area, as we have school age children as well. I am thinking we will just have to make a visit, and find a rental. As for college, when I lived there it was MCCC, Mississippi County Community College. My sister just graduated from there and the name has changed, I believe to North Eastern College. Well I do know thier should not be much of a waiting list, most people in the area do not have a college education or even go to college. Also anyone with some college education is guaranteed a great job. Also the cost of living is extreemly affordable. Please let me know if you find any means of house hunting online. Good Luck.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:12 AM

2 posts, read 20,049 times
Default miss,county move

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamroq76 View Post
Do to change in my husbands job, my family and I are moving to Mississippi County, Arkansas from Mississippi (state). He has been offered a very good position with a company there. We have already been for a weekend to visit and are very aware of the type of area we will be going into. We need to stay close to Blytheville but are definite we don't want to live within Blytheville. We do like some of the small towns on the outskirts with the very small schools (Gosnell and Armorel). I grew up in a small town and having three school age children, the school system is very important. We need to know how to locate good rental properties in these areas or get info on surrounding areas with really good school systems and rentals. We currently own our home in MS and are going to rent it out. We would like to rent in Arkansas until I finish with school myself and are more comfortable with the areas. I am not having much luck with all the papers I bought or the internet rental sites available. Another factor I need to consider is my own schooling. I am in a Community College here and due to start an Associate Degree nursing program at the beginning of the year. I need to know how competative the programs are there, as well as the average wait time for entrance into a program. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

good to read your post Whish you luck on your relocation to blytheville atea (what co is he going too work for )this could make your selection easier ,i moved there in 93 (usaf retired )and now reside in CAVE CITY AR. my 2 kids 20/24 live there now wen't too school in gosnell and blytheville ,GOSNELL PREFERED ! more teacher involvement !BLYTHEVILLE schools the teachers are given no controll of students (sat in classes for 2 weeks and watched students being rude and verry uncontrolled ) the teacher have no resorces other than sending them to principal for their ofences (usally supension and that is what the kids want ! they know this ,and laugh abt it ,we have many drop outs in these schools )we need to bring back in school disapline not just send them home !EAST towards ARMOREL seems to have the best school ,and is close to most of industry NEWCORP-YAMOTO STEEL and other steel related jobs ,nice housing (but whis ya luck on renting )might be able to find some land with rent to own or low financing + doublewide (ps watch for flood zones east of bly )west of bly , is dell and nice older homes rentals a posibility don't know where the school kid go ?
your schooling in blytheville at the collage will be rewarding (look it up on line )registration on their web sight .....easy access from all parts of miss co,
Housing can be had at the (old EAKER AFB.)GOSNELL BUT I THINK IT'S PART OF THE BLYTHEVILLE SCHOOL DIS.(don' qote me on that look before you leap )WESTMINSTER VILLAGE i think has opeaned a part of housing too publick !where ever you locate check on what distric your kids will attend school (ask before you sighn )take a day and visit schools you are thinking your kids will be attending !
ALLAN

Old 08-17-2007, 11:31 AM

14 posts, read 68,205 times
Have you guys tried calling a nearby real estate agency like Coldwell Banker, Century 21, Remax, etc. I know here in my part of the state those agencies also do property management and all maintain a list of their current rental properties available. I had rent houses over the past 5 years and I let Coldwell manage them for me. Just a thought if you haven't already checked.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:45 AM
RDM

3 posts, read 15,008 times
My wife and I toured the closed Blytheville AFB last weekend. The housing there is the old military style, but are being renovated prior to move in. As I understand their program it is operated by part of the Presbyterian Church. I to am looking in to reloacating to the area and have started searching for more information on the site.

RDM

Old 11-18-2007, 04:04 AM

1 posts, read 8,048 times
Info about the old Air Force Base:
Westminster Village (wmv.org) is a 55+ community. They have opened up a South Pointe section. It is all ages. There are 3-bedroom brick duplexes and the rent starts around $550/month. The nice thing is that the community is surrounded by a chain link fence. There's a security patrol officer that drives around all night. Although it's technically in Blytheville, it falls under the Gosnell School District. Conveniently, the school is across the street from the entrance to the community. On site there is a beauty salon, cafe and YMCA.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:05 AM

102 posts, read 525,314 times
I have family in Manila. They say a lot of people live there and work in Blytheville because the school is better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas