Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:01 AM

6 posts, read 32,678 times

Advertisements

I don't believe I have ever been so appalled in my entire life. Pastor Dovie Young, who has studies broadcast on KJBM 1050 AM radio in Little Rock, has been calling people ******s, honkies, crackers, etc., and, I, for one, and sick of it. She visits Yahoo Christian Chatroom #2 daily and is either bashing people and calling them devils, demons, sluts, hundred dollar whores, or goes on a racial rant.

She boasts of her behavior. There are videos on youtube exposing her behavior and yet, it does not change. I am at my wits' end! What is this world coming to when you have a Pastor spreading such hatred?

The sad part? It seems no one really cares. Here is a link to the "Pastor's" youtube video where she threatens someone with a .357:

YouTube - In Jesus' Name-YOU PIECE OF TRASH

If I am on the wrong forum please forgive me. If I am, can anyone direct me to anyone that can help??????????

Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,783,813 times
Just don't listen to her.
She obviously has an audience.
People like this will always unfourtunately exist.
Listen to NPR, it's pretty great.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:48 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,233,665 times
I wonder if Obama ever attended this church.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:19 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,758,624 times
While you may find it offensive, it's really just ideas until or if she or one of her followers acts on it with a hate crime. If her threat was not directed at someone in particular (I didn't watch the video) then it is not criminal. If it WAS directed at someone specific then it should be reported to the police. Fortunately, our society has not totally descended into fascism yet such that individual thoughts, however small or narrowminded they may be, are criminal. While it is my personal belief that the KKK is on it's last legs, they are still allowed to exist in this country regardless of how offensive the vast majority find their ideas. We can fight against them by limiting their access to media. Your best recourse in this matter is to look at that example and report the videos to youtube as offensive and see to it her ability to expose others to her toxic ideas is as limited as possible.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:22 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,236,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Fed_Up View Post
I don't believe I have ever been so appalled in my entire life. Pastor Dovie Young, who has studies broadcast on KJBM 1050 AM radio in Little Rock, has been calling people ******s, honkies, crackers, etc., and, I, for one, and sick of it. She visits Yahoo Christian Chatroom #2 daily and is either bashing people and calling them devils, demons, sluts, hundred dollar whores, or goes on a racial rant.

She boasts of her behavior. There are videos on youtube exposing her behavior and yet, it does not change. I am at my wits' end! What is this world coming to when you have a Pastor spreading such hatred?

The sad part? It seems no one really cares. Here is a link to the "Pastor's" youtube video where she threatens someone with a .357:

If I am on the wrong forum please forgive me. If I am, can anyone direct me to anyone that can help??????????
Your link doesn't work for me...I copied and pasted it. I got it...

Old 12-16-2008, 12:23 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,856,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Fed_Up View Post

It's still a free country. I enjoy hearing people say nutty things. Sometimes I agree with 'em. I don't know nor care about this pastor, and neither should you concern yourself.

C'est la vie!

Old 12-16-2008, 12:32 PM

109 posts, read 292,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
While it is my personal belief that the KKK is on it's last legs, they are still allowed to exist in this country regardless of how offensive the vast majority find their ideas. We can fight against them by limiting their access to media. Your best recourse in this matter is to look at that example and report the videos to youtube as offensive and see to it her ability to expose others to her toxic ideas is as limited as possible.
What does the KKK have to do with this situation? She's black. Unless I'm in Bizarro World, I don't think she's a member.

Make sure you read the post in full next time before we go into the generic white on everyone else racism response.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:34 PM

6 posts, read 32,678 times
Just so you all understand, this is an african American saying these things. She seems to be an equal opportunity racist. Personally, I think she is off her rocker. She believes she prayed in the "holy spirit" and shut Yahoo down at one time.

I hate racism of any sort. I especially despise anyone claiming to be a preacher of God's word out there perverting it and being allowed to be on the radio, TV, etc.

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.......................

Old 12-16-2008, 12:40 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,758,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockrover View Post
What does the KKK have to do with this situation? She's black. Unless I'm in Bizarro World, I don't think she's a member.

Make sure you read the post in full next time before we go into the generic white on everyone else racism response.
Um...I was using that as a counterpoint to demonstrate that this cannot be a one way street. If we allow an idea we as a people find malignant to be espoused by a few, we must also allow the diametrically opposing view. I fully understood what the OP was about.

I was also holding up the method in which their views have been moderated, by limiting access to media by vocal opposition, as a viable means of doing the exact same in this case.

Last edited by Stormcrow73; 12-16-2008 at 12:54 PM..

Old 12-16-2008, 12:55 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Well, whoever Dovie Young is, she's not exactly making a name for herself. The only hit on Google is this thread. KJBN (there is no KJBM in Little Rock) doesn't even show her on the playlists, and neither does KAAY, the Christian affiliate FM station. So it may be that she is actually purchasing ad-time on the station rather than being featured by the station. In which case, call the station and complain. Repeatedly. Radio stations don't want to alienate listeners, they can sell the ad space to someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas