U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2010, 08:05 PM

12 posts, read 29,001 times

Advertisements

I lived in Austin, but the cedar was so severe to my allergies and asthma, I had to move. Does Arkansas (I am looking at the north-western part) have an allergy season this bad?

I know all places have a "typical" allergy season, such as spring, but was curious if anyone has had experience in TX and AR.

When are the allergy seasons, and how long do they last? Are there any winter allergies?

Does anyone have any links, information, websites I can visit, opinions?

Any info is helpful and appreciated!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 08:20 PM

522 posts, read 1,316,325 times
I moved here from Austin in late Sept. so I can tell you yet what it'll be like in Spring but so far I haven't had any problems with allergies or my asthma.

Oooh wait. I was here to check out some homes with my dad before we moved and I believe that was in late Spring. I was up in the Rogers, Springdale, Bentonville area too and I did remember how awful I felt the moment I got up north. My allergies went crazy. I was a sneezing like a maniac, my eyes were watery, itchy and puffy. So yeah, I was a big mess.

That's just my experience though. As for the pollen count and stuff can't help you there.

Old 01-07-2010, 08:55 PM

735 posts, read 1,222,719 times
I lived in Dallas area a long time and now NW Arkansas. I somehow never took note of allergies in my life. I don't know what the difference would be.

Old 01-08-2010, 12:09 AM

2,383 posts, read 5,750,096 times
Well, I have never lived in Austin, but I did live in Houston for a few years and I can tell you, that for the first time in my life, when I moved to Bentonville, I got a sinus infection and so did my son and my daughter! Actually now, my daughter is on an inhaler to help her breath during allergy season and she was never on an inhaler til we moved here! It's been heck for us and allergies. My kids are on daily doses of Zyrtec and I have to take a Claritin a day.

Old 01-08-2010, 08:08 AM

77,808 posts, read 94,186,538 times
The secret is what you are alergic to, regardless of where you live. We lived in Dallas for many years, I rarely if ever had any problems. We moved to NM and I spent 2 months every spring going through HELL> We moved here and it was about 1/2 as bad as NM but still worse than Dallas. As for Cedar, I don't think we have that much here, but don't trust what I am saying. Check with the dept of agriculture on this..

Nita

Old 01-08-2010, 07:00 PM

12 posts, read 29,001 times
That's awesome...thank you so much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas