Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2013, 05:27 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,378,672 times

Advertisements

Yesterday we were all over Pike County and parts of Nevada and Hempstead. These photos were in northeast Hempstead and after a mile or two down the trail we came to this locked gate, which happens occasionally. Normally we find another way out or come to a dead end and have to turn around or back out until we can find room to turn around. When that happens we are satisfied because we know we have seen all there is to be seen, but when we find a locked gate such as this out in the boonies we always wonder what's on the other side they don't want to be seen. One thing for sure; we will not check it out.
Attached Thumbnails
Exploring Arkansas-img_0491.jpg   Exploring Arkansas-img_0489.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2013, 01:08 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,902 times
Grow operation or NSA receive site.

Either way, go home.

Old 10-19-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post

Either way, go home.
Yep, understand A year or so ago I posted on here photos of a landing strip we found out in the middle of the Pike County wilderness. Our first impulse was to get the out of dodge

Old 10-19-2013, 02:22 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,688,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogMar View Post

Either way, go home.
Recieving what? Can't they archive our posts and troll people from NSA headquarters.

Old 10-21-2013, 04:56 PM

664 posts, read 2,093,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
Yesterday we were all over Pike County and parts of Nevada and Hempstead. These photos were in northeast Hempstead and after a mile or two down the trail we came to this locked gate, which happens occasionally. Normally we find another way out or come to a dead end and have to turn around or back out until we can find room to turn around. When that happens we are satisfied because we know we have seen all there is to be seen, but when we find a locked gate such as this out in the boonies we always wonder what's on the other side they don't want to be seen. One thing for sure; we will not check it out.
That first picture......looks like my kind of road.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerunner1982 View Post
That first picture......looks like my kind of road.
Hey runner, that's one of the "good" roads we have traveled.

Old 10-27-2013, 05:56 PM

On this Thread at Page 66 & Post 651 I Posted photos of some fossils I found. These photos Attached here are of the mudstone/limestone formation they are in. The formation is from the Ordovician - Silurian Periods which are from 405 - 500 million years ago. Three photos show the exposed/weathered formation where I'm finding the fossils and the other photo, across the water, shows the formation exposed on the other side. I plan to dig to see how thick the formations is, and determine which is on top; the mudstone or the limestone. I have already found that the fossils that have come from the limestone are in better condition than those in the mudstone.

Wow! The mysteries this old earth holds.
Attached Thumbnails
Exploring Arkansas-img_0500.jpg   Exploring Arkansas-img_0502.jpg   Exploring Arkansas-img_0510.jpg   Exploring Arkansas-img_0506.jpg  

Old 10-28-2013, 05:16 PM

733 posts, read 1,755,830 times
I plan on taking my all day Fall Drive next Monday. Can I expect to see some nice color between Fort Smith & Fayetteville or will it be too late or possibly too early in the season? I just took a short drive around Beaver Lake in Northern Arkansas and the colors looked neat but I still did notice quite a bit of green. My next day off isn't until next Monday, so hopefully this rain we have coming wont completely kill the foliage. Arkansas.com says that as of the 24th, it will be roughly 7-14 days before the peak of the colors. Hopefully that's true.

Old 10-28-2013, 05:58 PM

I suspect next Monday will be a good time for the drive up there. They are rapidly changing here in L.R.

Old 11-12-2013, 07:50 PM

Several years ago I posted a photo of my "Hoss", named "Silverado", up on a mountain top in Hot Spring County. Today I'm posting the brand on her right hip as a good-by because I traded her off today. Silverado took me many places that few men had ever trod. She was good to me but I'm slowing down and she needs someone to continue taking care of her. Below her brand you can see, in dim yellow letters, "crchr II" which translates "searcher too". Those were the good times.
Attached Thumbnails
Exploring Arkansas-img_0541-001.jpg   Exploring Arkansas-img_0542.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas