Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2006, 12:01 AM

2 posts, read 16,912 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! Greetings from Canada!
My Papa was born in Caraway some 77 years ago. He's told me some wonderful stories that Im recording in a book. Today's story was about some flooding during the 30's. The first flood caused my great-grandfather to go bankrupt and another flood (around 1937) he said they tied the boat to the front porch and at some time it froze! I am just looking for any information anyone might have to help me get a better picture of these events. I havent had much luck finding anything out myself, Im not very computer savy(!), so Im hoping someone can help.
Thanks muchly!
Eryn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2006, 02:17 AM

827 posts, read 5,079,979 times
I found some 1937 flood diary by using Google, just type in Caraway flooding Arkansas. You will see some info on the diary kept on the flood. Other things too as there are a lot of google pages to see just the ones I happened to find interesting were the 1937 diary. I think one is on rootsweb com site. For some reason this website removes websites you list on here even if you are just helping to give info so the best thing to do is use google and type the name Caraway and flood and Arkansas and vary it and change it around and add words to it and it will usually come up with some different web pages. If you are really new to using the web and don't know about Google. Just type in Google in your address bar and it will take you to Google. Good Luck on your search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas