Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,360,085 times

Advertisements

I got to thinking about this question over the weekend. It was hotter than hell in Hot Springs.

I know this is really an objective question that could be answered by the city-data information, but it would probably take a lot of work to figure it out. So...what is the hottest city in Arkansas?

The hottest I have ever been in the Natural State was when in Little Rock last summer. I thought I was going to die.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2010, 10:38 PM

134 posts, read 634,034 times
After living in various Arkansas cities such as Little Rock, Maumelle, and Cabot, I believe Little Rock to me is the hottest city. Speaking from my experience, my first AR summer of 2007 was in Little Rock; it was so unbearable. I thought Mississippi's hot, humid summers were the worst until I moved here. LOL! The funny thing is that last year, the summer in Cabot was so much cooler. Maybe the farther north in AR you live, it will be cooler while the farther south in AR you live, it will be hotter so Little Rock might not be the hottest city in the state.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
I got to thinking about this question over the weekend. It was hotter than hell in Hot Springs.

I know this is really an objective question that could be answered by the city-data information, but it would probably take a lot of work to figure it out. So...what is the hottest city in Arkansas?

The hottest I have ever been in the Natural State was when in Little Rock last summer. I thought I was going to die.
I am sure glad you didn't, we would miss you on the site...

I haven't been to the southern most tip of AR but would imagine it is the hottest, other than that, yep, I think it has to be Little Rock. Hot Springs can get pretty awful as well, especially with the lake, the humidity is waaaaaaaay up there.

NIta

Old 05-25-2010, 07:08 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,911,959 times
I think it was the summer of '00 when a heat wave settled in on Little Rock. One day we were the 3rd hottest city in the world with a temp around 112F. The other hotter places were in Saudi Arabia. To make matters even worse, I was late to work so I had to park at one of the farthest spots from my building and they had just black-topped the lot.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:22 AM

697 posts, read 1,775,543 times
I took a quick look at the average/record highs for both Little Rock and El Dorado (since that's about as far south as you can get in AR) and they're remarkably similar. Little Rock gets colder than El Dorado, and it doesn't stay hot as long as El Dorado, but it gets hot much faster in LR and it gets just as hot, judging by the graph. One of the downsides to the LR heat is that humidity. I'll take a dry 100 degree heat in Arizona over a 70% humidity 85 degree heat in Arkansas any day. On that note, it looks like the days I'm moving to LR are going to be hotter than Hades. Wonderful.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hot Springs can get pretty awful as well, especially with the lake, the humidity is waaaaaaaay up there.

NIta
Yea, I am not really looking forward to the heat here in Hot Springs this summer. Since I don't work during the summer, my plan is to either be inside or on the lake.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:34 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,382,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchArk87 View Post
After living in various Arkansas cities such as Little Rock, Maumelle, and Cabot, I believe Little Rock to me is the hottest city. Speaking from my experience, my first AR summer of 2007 was in Little Rock; it was so unbearable. I thought Mississippi's hot, humid summers were the worst until I moved here. LOL! The funny thing is that last year, the summer in Cabot was so much cooler. Maybe the farther north in AR you live, it will be cooler while the farther south in AR you live, it will be hotter so Little Rock might not be the hottest city in the state.
If I remember correctly, last summer was the coolest we have had in AR for several years.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:38 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,382,198 times
Several years ago amongst Army grunts there was a saying; "You don't have to worry about going to hell if you have been on Fort Chaffee in July".

Old 05-25-2010, 08:43 PM

1,205 posts, read 2,689,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
Several years ago amongst Army grunts there was a saying; "You don't have to worry about going to hell if you have been on Fort Chaffee in July".
I've been on Fort Chaffee, Bennings, and Gordon in July. I got my discharge papers a month before 9/11.
It took me this long to get my life back on track after a family tragedy, but now it's back on track.
I love this weather, I wish it would stay summer all year.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasSlim View Post
I lived around there for a long time, and I would say that I don't think the Fort Smith area is hotter than Little Rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas