Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 12:11 AM

10,640 posts, read 16,021,486 times

Advertisements

Thailand and the Philippines are the Spain and Greece of Asia for Siberian, Chinese, Korean and Japanese tourists.
I guess that would make Malaysia Italy?

Old 04-08-2014, 12:37 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I'd put that down more to American ignorance of Malaysia than anything. Australians and British are far more familiar with Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand than the Philippines, the Philippines seem sort of ignored (I hardly hear about people holidaying there) even though as a percentage Australia actually has more Filipinos than the United States. Australians are usually well aware of the prevalence of English in both Singapore and Malaysia.
Australia is one of the top 10 visitors in the Philippines

South Korea
United States
Japan
China
Australia
Singapore
Taiwan
Canada
United Kingdom
Malaysia

Tourism in the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-08-2014, 12:39 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,201,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Thailand and the Philippines are the Spain and Greece of Asia for Siberian, Chinese, Korean and Japanese tourists.
I guess that would make Malaysia Italy?
Don't think so. Sorry, but I find Malaysia boring.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:44 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,788,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
Australia is one of the top 10 visitors in the Philippines

South Korea
United States
Japan
China
Australia
Singapore
Taiwan
Canada
United Kingdom
Malaysia

Tourism in the Philippines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Interesting, I guess though it shows how few people visit it. In terms of most visited countries by Australians it probably ranks pretty low.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
Don't think so. Sorry, but I find Malaysia boring.
Why?

Old 04-08-2014, 12:48 AM

1,754 posts, read 8,111,974 times
Quote:
Interesting, I guess though it shows how few people visit it. In terms of most visited countries by Australians it probably ranks pretty low.
it's because our country is still lack of promotion unlike rich countries. the 'It's more fun in the Philippines' ads was mostly with the help of social media by us, Filipinos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADNgEHFDYzo

Old 04-08-2014, 12:53 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,741,556 times
The Philippines is just hard to get around and it's too much of a hassle for many tourists. You can easily travel by land everywhere you go in Thailand

Old 04-08-2014, 01:03 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,935 times
Quote:
I'd put that down more to American ignorance of Malaysia than anything. Australians and British are far more familiar with Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand than the Philippines, the Philippines seem sort of ignored (I hardly hear about people holidaying there) even though as a percentage Australia actually has more Filipinos than the United States. Australians are usually well aware of the prevalence of English in both Singapore and Malaysia.
Its true Philippines aren't exactly holiday spot for Indonesians and very often definitely ignored , although they are constantly flocking to neighboring Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and Thailand for holidays (mainly shopping because its what Indonesian does, spending tons of cash for luxurious branded items). Many also seem to lack basic knowledge of what Philippines are like.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshio22 View Post
Its true Philippines aren't exactly holiday spot for Indonesians and very often definitely ignored , although they are constantly flocking to neighboring Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and Thailand for holidays (mainly shopping because its what Indonesian does). Many also seem to lack basic knowledge of what Philippines are like.
Maybe because the Philippines are too similar? Rather poor, Austronesian (Christian instead of Muslim though), an archipelago. I mean why would they go to Luzon when they have Borneo?

Old 04-08-2014, 01:14 AM

1,016 posts, read 3,652,935 times
Quote:
Maybe because the Philippines are too similar? Rather poor, Austronesian (Christian instead of Muslim though), an archipelago. I mean why would they go to Luzon when they have Borneo?
No i don't think so, many Indonesians still go to Malaysia despite some cultural and climate similarity, i mean there are more similarities you would see in Indonesia and Malaysia rather than Philippines. Yeah like what Pinai had said the promotion there is lacking and diplomatic relation between Indonesia and Philippines is just plain lacking, despite its close proximity and the fact that both are ally.

Destination's reputation is also an important factor for Indonesians.

Last edited by Goshio22; 04-08-2014 at 01:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia